Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,477 times

Advertisements

Believing that the government would actually fix anything if we sent them more money is a fantasy. The more money the government gets, the more they waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I'd be happy if people like Romney paid the same rate I pay (28%) instead of half
Who creates the insane tax laws we live under in the USA? Ans. Congress. Who has controlled Congress for the majority of the last 50years? Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008 Yes that is correct the donkeycrats...so you can thank them. Arigato

Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Believing that the government would actually fix anything if we sent them more money is a fantasy. The more money the government gets, the more they waste.
And what if, Ron Paul, who worries about constitutionality put forward a constitutional amendment to secure the right of every American to retire at 70 years old with social security? What if it was mandated that all money used from the social security tax must be kept separate from the general budget?

See this is an amendment that would pass. Look at the poll results earlier, only 18% of Americans think we should change social security.

Ron Paul could be President, if he wasn't a Republican. His opposition to social security isn't its constitutionality, its that its a tax.

Trouble is, the governed agree with that particular tax.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
I will volunteer to send a 100 bucks if the gvt volunteers to let me cut 1000 bucks off the budget at my discretion. Sounds good to me the gvt gets more revenue and I help them cut the budget.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 AM

281 posts, read 256,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am just a middle class peon and i would gladly pay another $100.00 or so in taxes to help get my country get in better shape. A $100.00 out of anyone's budget here on CD wouldn't hurt you a bit(those without jobs excepted). Some of these SILVER SPOON WHINERS just appall me!
If sufficient naivety exists to believe paying more money to the ruling class will help your country, then by all means pay more. Feel free to overstate your income or understate your deductions

Just understand, the only thing you are ACTUALLY accomplishing is enabling the Ruling Class (America's Monarchy) to steal your freedom and your country from you even faster than they are already.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Angel View Post
If sufficient naivety exists to believe paying more money to the ruling class will help your country, then by all means pay more. Feel free to overstate your income or understate your deductions

Just understand, the only thing you are ACTUALLY accomplishing is enabling the Ruling Class (America's Monarchy) to steal your freedom and your country from you even faster than they are already.
I don't think most people realize the amount of taxes that a middle class person pays. When you count all of the sales tax, its a significant percentage of their income, since most middle class Americans have to spend 75% of their income just to make ends meet.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
I'd be happy if people like Romney paid the same rate I pay (28%) instead of half

Romney DOES pay the same rate as you. The interest in your check/savings accounts and other investments are taxed at 15% the same as Mitt Romney.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Find out who wrote that law in 1954 that applies to Romney and squeal to them.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:02 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am just a middle class peon
That is probably the biggest truth you've ever said.

But I am going to teach you something in 5 minutes that you probably haven't learned your whole life. There are billionaires that run the country, many of them are from Saudi Arabia. In fact, more than 10% of america is owned by the Saudi's. The world is controlled by OIL and the FEDERAL RESERVE. It is not controlled by peons donating $100 to get a warm and fuzzy feeling (and gain bragging rights).

So if you prefer, send a check to Warren Buffet or Al-Waleed bin Talal for all we care. It is no different than sending it to the government.

School is over.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 AM

281 posts, read 256,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Romney DOES pay the same rate as you. The interest in your check/savings accounts and other investments are taxed at 15% the same as Mitt Romney.
You are so correct. People pay the same rates on the class of income they earn as others. That includes the income level and income type. It has nothing to do with the person, per se, but, rather, the type of income (ordinary vs capital gains) and amount (determines tax bracket). One has to be intellectually myopic to the point of near-blindness not to see the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies