Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrace View Post
i believe gays should have to tell there sexual orientation. because of AIDS. and yes i think homo-sexual is a mental disease like cancer.
Cancers aren't mental diseases. You should take a really basic biology course or find an encyclopedia to look up the difference, because it's a really vast one. Even making that statement shows you are not only making an invalid point in the discussion, but you don't even seem to understand the things that need to be understood in order to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Let's be serious and adults about this please. This is a rising concern in america.
It's a concern to you. Your OP link is asking if you can pray the gay away, and doesn't address anything about gay doctors.

There's nothing adult about the hatred of people based on what they are.

Quote:
A gay male = straight female (or close to it)

If this is not true, then why do feminine gays act like women?

JUST TO MAKE THIS CLEAR: Me personally, I dont care about gender or sexual orientation when it comes to doctors. This discussion is to address the uprising issues (and ongoing) of america
The definition of being gay is not that they have the opposite sexes sexual organs. No rational human being with more then a room temperature IQ has ever believed that. You don't even know what the hell gay is and you still have an irrational hatred of people who are gay...which is more comedy then anything else. Absolutely pathetic.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course it's someone's business if they're doing private medical procedures on the patient. Are you ok with women requesting female doctors?
Sure, and I think you can ask a person's orientation, but you have no right to get an answer. I also think there are differences between gender and orientation.

Just curious, would you prefer a male or female doctor to examine your genitals? And why?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Sure, you can say that.

But I can tell you the TRUTH.

You need to re-read the posts slowly. This isn't about hating gays or having homophobia. This is about the whole point of choosing a doctor's gender to begin with.

We often choose our doctor's gender in hopes that the doctor will relate to us and our medical needs better.

So how can a straight male patient relate to a gay doctor? What can they offer to provide trust and comfort for regular guy problems?
Because gay male doctors have regular guy problems, too.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Because gay male doctors have regular guy problems, too.
So they know what it's like to make a woman pregnant and not have a good paying job to take care of the baby? They know how to treat those issues?

Because it's not always a simple prescription for anti-depressants.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
If I chose a female doctor am I sexist for doing so now?
No, but since you're into the doctor's sexual orientation, your choice would imply that you're visiting the doctor towards that effect.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:19 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Sure, you can say that.

But I can tell you the TRUTH.

You need to re-read the posts slowly. This isn't about hating gays or having homophobia. This is about the whole point of choosing a doctor's gender to begin with.

We often choose our doctor's gender in hopes that the doctor will relate to us and our medical needs better.

So how can a straight male patient relate to a gay doctor? What can they offer to provide trust and comfort for regular guy problems?
Yet again, ignorance in full display. So "gay" is not equal to "regular"? Is the body of a gay person somehow different from straight people? Unbelievable.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Why wouldn't they be able to?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
City Data facepalm of the day. It's 2012, people.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
So they know what it's like to make a woman pregnant and not have a good paying job to take care of the baby? They know how to treat those issues?

Are we getting to the heart of the problem here?

What makes you think a male heterosexual doctor would know what it's like not to have a good paying job to take care of a baby, having probably never been in that situation? Is it that he would have masculine pride and a sense of responsibility? Do you suppose a gay man does not have this?

Don't you suppose a gay man also can have worries about having gotten into something over his head and now having a huge responsibility he struggles to deal with, even if it doesn't involve impregnating a woman?

I'm not understanding what specific male heterosexual trait applies to medical expertise when dealing with your (hypothetical) situation.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM

183 posts, read 322,681 times
Quote:

A persons ability to empathize with anothers problems is not strictly dictated by having the same sexual orientation or the same exact problems as their patient. If anything, it could be just the opposite for some people.

I will make a leap and assume you are referring to your own difficulties here. If so I would encourage you to look for another doctor who you are more comfortable with, if this is available to you. There are thousands of doctors out there so you have alot to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies