Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:55 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Brava, harborlady. Brava!
Yes!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 AM

499 posts, read 580,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Adults don't go around forcing women into pregnancy. They certainly don't threaten them with physical violence if they refuse to comply. Stay away from women until you can figure that out.

The whole reason some of us are pro-choice is because we recognize just what a huge responsibility it is to be a parent. We'd prefer not to enter into it unless fully prepared.
The obvious answer to that is don't get pregnant! There is no real excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this day and age

Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
The obvious answer to that is don't get pregnant! There is no real excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this day and age
Ultimately it doesn't matter. What happens afterwards is MY choice not yours. Again you need to get over it.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:

Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Ultimately it doesn't matter. What happens afterwards is MY choice not yours. Again you need to get over it.
I would add it doesn't matter what happened before either. a woman can be a saint or a ***** depending on your views. how she manages her reproductive systems is her business. funny how some anti choice folks are more empathetic with women they deem living a "proper" life.

men know how to not make a baby. they need to put that knowledge into place if they want to reclaim fatherhood

Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM

499 posts, read 580,799 times
Quote:
I think unwanted pregnancies do matter! Both to the health of the women if she has an abortion and to the unwanted baby. I have no axe to grind and certainly nothing to "get over"

Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Abortion shouldn't be viewed as a sport or recreational activity. That's how I'm interpreting some of the comments being posted by persons claiming to be women. More need to become responsible, less selfish. If proponents of a greater role by the fathers in the abortion decision process needed evidence to support their efforts, they'll find them in this discussion.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
That's exactly right. If men want control over their reproductive rights, then they should guarantee they do not get anyone pregnant. There is no excuse for them to get someone pregnant.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Abortion shouldn't be viewed as a sport or recreational activity. That's how I'm interpreting some of the comments being posted by persons claiming to be women. More need to become responsible, less selfish. If proponents of a greater role by the fathers in the abortion decision process needed evidence to support their efforts, they'll find them in this discussion.
abortion is not viewed by anyone as recreational or a sport. the hard core pro choice comments are made to express in no uncertain terms that no one has the right to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her own body. when anti choicers stop trying to outlaw choice then we will tone down the rhetoric. selfish? please, are men selfish for living their lives?

the men that should stick around so women could engage them in the thought process don't. lots of men are involved and do get a choice. in the end is that your business either? you gonna help this couple raise the baby or pay for the welfare?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
I think unwanted pregnancies do matter! Both to the health of the women if she has an abortion and to the unwanted baby. I have no axe to grind and certainly nothing to "get over"
The best way to reduce unwanted pregnancies is with better sex education and birth control, not with making abortion illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Who said it was?

Reproductive decisions should be ideally made by both parties. But if a woman get pregnant a man should not be able to force her into or out of an abortion. Support for a woman by a man means that he accepts what she decides without threatening her. If he doesn't like that decision he should rethink where he lets his sperm go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies