Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times

Advertisements

Men, keep it zipped.

Close thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 06:33 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thanks harborlady for a voice of reason and education on this odious thread. It really is beyond corruption.

I had a gf talked into having the kid at Catholic charities. It was put for adoption and miserable and she finally tracked him down, it just added even more sadness to her life, while the guy responsible took off scot-free (he was catholic and went to church as well).

Creating more miserable women and children in this already over-populated world is wrong. And shame on RTL agenda politicos. Repression and suppression of the masses is all they care about, and keeping the poor in poverty.
Not to point out the obvious, while the MAN could have kept it zipped, SHE could have said "NO". It IS a 50/50 responsibility both for having sex, and everything that follows. She could have used birth control/spermacide, any number of female methods, and could have REQUIRED him to use a condom. (Yes I know, condoms can break.)

I am simply pointing out, it is a shared decision, and a shared responsibility, and even though I am a guy, I don't believe, that UNLESS they are married, that guys don't have any rights in the abortion decision making process.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemike84 View Post
abortion rights excluding father is the one of america's biggest injustices since slavery. pro choice peoplle r so anti male itr saddens me. not being able to save ur kid is depressing.
Hyperbole much?
Please.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
abortion rights excluding father is the one of america's biggest injustices since slavery. pro choice peoplle r so anti male itr saddens me. not being able to save ur kid is depressing.
You do realize that to force a woman to have a baby she does not want is tantamount to slavery, don't you? If it's not in "ur uterus" it's not your decision.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
When I read this thread title, all I can envisage is a loser dude that got lucky and then wants to be able to marry the hapless victim and get more nookie down the line OR does something like a late pull out and same expectation.

How on earth would an unplanned pregnancy be a decision to include the male?

Of course there may be couples that are serious and jointly decide to abort but that is a different kettle of fish.

Realistically, folk should not find themselves in this situation if it is casual sex. This is NOT the 50's.

The other scenario I can envisage, both parties high or wasted. Now that hardly constitutes a "father's" input to a decision to abort.

The easy out here is the female simply states he is not the father.

Can paternity be determined during pregnancy

Seems so but with risks and into the second trimester. Most girls would want this sorted asap.

No way that a "potential father" would be able to force a girl to carry till his paternity can be established. Even IF that were plausible, what if the results are negative?

Is he then held accountable as she is now in a period of gestation where the "abortion on demand" cut off kicks in?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Dude, your post is pretty senseless. The only conceivable way to having any claims to join in the decision making process of a pregnant woman would be for you to be able to prove you had a part in creating the fetus. How do you propose you prove that?

That said, I don't believe a male has any rights to determine what a woman does with her body.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
And you are the same poster who, in another thread, claimed that fathers beat and killed their pregnant girlfriends because they wouldn't get an abortion !

You called it "forced abortions" even though MEN beat and killed their pregnant girlfriends because they wouldn't get an abortion.

You are thoroughly confused.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Pregnancy can be a miserable experience..childbirth is painful and sometimes dangerous. What if something goes wrong and you can't work during the pregnancy? Will the father support her financially if she can't work? The permanent physical changes? How can another person make you go through that?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
The guy skipped out and the woman is stuck with a kid she didn't want with no support from the father. Shared decision my @55 who is stuck holding the bag and who moved on without sharing the consequences of the so-called shared decision? I only know one single dad but I know plenty of single mothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Not to point out the obvious, while the MAN could have kept it zipped, SHE could have said "NO". It IS a 50/50 responsibility both for having sex, and everything that follows. She could have used birth control/spermacide, any number of female methods, and could have REQUIRED him to use a condom. (Yes I know, condoms can break.)

I am simply pointing out, it is a shared decision, and a shared responsibility, and even though I am a guy, I don't believe, that UNLESS they are married, that guys don't have any rights in the abortion decision making process.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Hey OP!
Are these poor men reclaiming fatherhood???????????

Abortion: Safe, Legal and almost always the RIGHT decision!

See YOUR posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies