Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They are not pro-choice if they have no choice. Do you even understand the irony in your own statement?

Would it be OK if a man told his pregnant wife to put the cigarette out or the glass of vodka down?
Probably not, if your woman is that ignorant you're the one that made the wrong choices in life. Courtship and falling in love is about bonding with someone that shares your values and beliefs. If you need to reshape your spouse's behaviour once you get hitched YOU'RE the problem not her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Probably not, if your woman is that ignorant you're the one that made the wrong choices in life. Courtship and falling in love is about bonding with someone that shares your values and beliefs. If you need to reshape your spouse's behaviour once you get hitched YOU'RE the problem not her.
What if I shared all the same values and beliefs but this one? I still have no say?

BTW, why did you reply if you don't have an answer?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Do you even understand the irony in your own statement? How can a man be pro-choice when, if he expresses his opinion on whether his baby should or should not be aborted, he is told that it is not his body and that he has no say in the matter."""

I can't believe I have to explain this but it's the woman who is pregnant. And , yes, men can be pro-choice, it means they support the FACT that abortion is legal and women have a choice of abortion or not.....when men can have a fetus put into their bellies and deliver a baby THEY can have a choice, too.

"""Would it be OK if a man told his pregnant wife to put the cigarette out or the glass of vodka down?
A man could ASK his wife to quit drinking or smoking...he has no right to tell her.....

Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A man could ASK his wife to quit drinking or smoking...he has no right to tell her.....
Yeah, I get it. Men don't have a say.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
That's right, since men do not own women.

When was the last time a woman had the final say on a man's vasectomy, over his objections?

This rabid need, expressed by so many people, of wishing to control other people goes far beyond the abortion debate, and it really is frightening.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
that's right, since men do not own women.

When was the last time a woman had the final say on a man's vasectomy, over his objections?

This rabid need, expressed by so many people, of wishing to control other people goes far beyond the abortion debate, and it really is frightening.
Has a woman's future child ever been deposited into the vas deferens of a man to be nourished until birth?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM

569 posts, read 671,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
If you don't want the baby, then give it up for adoption. There are plenty of people ready now.
Old thread but just jumping in. Those that find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy aren't going to have it JUST to provide barren women children. Isn't that what you are asking? Just burden YOUR life (yes I said burden because that is what it is to someone unwilling or unable to birth a child) so I can have a baby.

Seems like some in this thread would have no problem with a Handsmaid Tale type policy...

Old 07-12-2012, 01:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:

Where in the following (what you quoted) did I say or indicate that???

"""" man could ASK his wife to quit drinking or smoking...he has no right to tell her....."""

Men may be welcome to an opinion but they do NOT own women...they could ASK their wife to quit drinking or smoking or anything else but she decides....

You sound petulant....

Old 07-12-2012, 01:35 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Has a woman's future child ever been deposited into the vas deferens of a man to be nourished until birth?
A 'deposit' into the body of a woman in no way implies future ownership or conservatorship of that woman, nor of any portion of her body while such 'deposit' exists. IF a child is born, then legally his rights come into effect AFTER the birth...but not before.

Men do not carry the risk. It is not their body. PERIOD.

Whether women are "forcing" or "tricking" men into fatherhood...or preventing same through abortion or contraception against his wishes, it seems many men with intact vas deferentia are perpetually dismayed with the realities of biology.

Suggestion: If women having autonomy over their reproduction freaks you out so much, SNIP it. Vasectomy is your right, as is banking your sperm.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM

221 posts, read 282,929 times
Quote:
I think our whole society has been traumatized by abortion. That would explain all the horrible things we have today. Whole families being killed by a family member, etc. Crazy things out there with no explanation to them.
Sorry, but
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies