U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
 
6,941 posts, read 8,673,389 times
Reputation: 3098

Advertisements

This is not good. A civil war is possible. Boka Haram are hurting innocent people.


Boko Haram makes rare strike in Nigeria's north - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Rational World Park
4,991 posts, read 4,111,048 times
Reputation: 2373
Rick Santorum wants to impose christian law in America. Whatever the religion, wherever the religion, it's always ridiculous.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,089 posts, read 25,236,702 times
Reputation: 8018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Rick Santorum wants to impose christian law in America. Whatever the religion, wherever the religion, it's always ridiculous.
Oh yes, cause Christians are just like Muslims who fly planes into buildings, commit suicide bombings, cut the heads off innocent people, and murder people for leaving Islam for another religion. Go ahead and continue to defend Islam by deflecting towards Christianity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,591 posts, read 17,517,519 times
Reputation: 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is not good. A civil war is possible. Boka Haram are hurting innocent people.


Boko Haram makes rare strike in Nigeria's north - YouTube
Yeah Nigeria probably won't last the decade in its current form.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,090 posts, read 11,203,245 times
Reputation: 4118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh yes, cause Christians are just like Muslims who fly planes into buildings, commit suicide bombings, cut the heads off innocent people, and murder people for leaving Islam for another religion. Go ahead and continue to defend Islam by deflecting towards Christianity.
A number of extremists certainly murder abortion doctors and set up bombs around abortion clinics.

Oh yeah...Anders Behring Breivik, a 32-year-old right-wing, Christian fundamentalist, Islamophobic Norwegian muderer of 77 people.

Jim Adkisson, a former truck driver left a four page letter describing his hatred of gays and liberals before walking into a Unitarian Universalist Church with a 12 gauge shotgun. His shooting spree left two dead and seven wounded.

Extremist murder people in the name of religion, I could go on for hours. Period.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:10 PM
 
3,876 posts, read 3,495,898 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah Nigeria probably won't last the decade in its current form.
You're probably right.

And after Nigeria the Muslim fanatics will repeat this scenario in the neighboring countries unless they are checked by the African Union or the West.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
 
Location: NC
10,002 posts, read 9,518,553 times
Reputation: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh yes, cause Christians are just like Muslims who fly planes into buildings, commit suicide bombings, cut the heads off innocent people, and murder people for leaving Islam for another religion. Go ahead and continue to defend Islam by deflecting towards Christianity.
In Nigeria the Muslims do there crazy in the North of that country, the Christians are crazy in the south. In Akwa Ibom State in southern Nigeria something like 15,000 children have been imprisoned, tortured, killed, mutilated or abandoned because the pastors there have claimed they are witches and wizards.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,591 posts, read 17,517,519 times
Reputation: 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
A number of extremists certainly murder abortion doctors and set up bombs around abortion clinics.

Oh yeah...Anders Behring Breivik, a 32-year-old right-wing, Christian fundamentalist, Islamophobic Norwegian muderer of 77 people.

Jim Adkisson, a former truck driver left a four page letter describing his hatred of gays and liberals before walking into a Unitarian Universalist Church with a 12 gauge shotgun. His shooting spree left two dead and seven wounded.

Extremist murder people in the name of religion, I could go on for hours. Period.
Yes and Norway is about to fall apart at the seams because of right wing ideology. I mean can you folks make a decent analogy at least. This is becoming pathetic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:52 PM
 
3,064 posts, read 2,385,263 times
Reputation: 967
I thought they were a Rock Group. Didn't know they were still around...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 AM
 
674 posts, read 635,239 times
Reputation: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You're probably right.

And after Nigeria the Muslim fanatics will repeat this scenario in the neighboring countries unless they are checked by the African Union or the West.
Regardless of the results of an impending civil war, the West needs to stay out of it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top