Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Er, where does this come from? There is no data where any of this is sourced...which means another...

At least try a little bit to convince people you might know what you are talking about.
You know that you didn't open that link. Great left leaning deflection, though.

Can you believe that I found page after page of these numbers on Google? I questioned it, at first but I would think that you know by now about the numbers listed in that comparison. Whoops, you only hear what people like Rachel Madcow and Alan Colmes tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
There is a common element between the 2 movements.

Both started out with people who had legitimate concerns and an interest in stamping out ANY politician who was corrupt without any regard to party affiliation, which is why the Tea Party actually had some democrats involved at one time.

Both movements were taken over by loud idiots. The OWS movement was taken over by college kids living in their parents basement looking for a place to hang out, and the focus went from corporate greed in hiring lobbyists to push laws and regulations which empower large corporations and crush smaller competition to instead being overtaken by bums who want government for being responsible for providing everything for them all the way down to the toilet paper they need to wipe their rears while they camp out and protest.

The Tea Party was slowly and steadily co-opted by the neoconservative wing of the Republican party where ALL government programs and spending are evil, except when Republicans propose it, and where we can't afford to pay for school lunches for poor kids, but not even a blink at rubber stamping a $662billion dollar defense spending bill and condemning anyone who questions it by calling them unpatriotic and anti-American.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You know that you didn't open that link. Great left leaning deflection, though.

Can you believe that I found page after page of these numbers on Google? I questioned it, at first but I would think that you know by now about the numbers listed in that comparison. Whoops, you only hear what people like Rachel Madcow and Alan Colmes tell you.
LoL, if you are accusing me of not reading it...from some one who has told me they don't read my links or even my posts if they "might go left leaning"...then you best have been sitting over my shoulder in order to prove it. Otherwise you are more full of crap then a constipated elephant.

Sorry, I don't research other people's claims.

If you want to make a claim and are too lazy to do it yourself, it's not worth the time for anyone else to do it either.

Sorry, I believe in personal responsibility.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:36 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Quote:
The Democrats have said that the OWS movement was their answer to the Tea Party. Here is a great comparison of the two movements that may say something to many who support the OWS people.

Occupy Party vs Tea Party
You have over 30+K posts, with some of it focused on this stuff. Wow, you have a LOT of time on your hands.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
^^^^Confused. lol.

OWS and The Tea Party are completely different. Here's just a recent example.

Occupy SF Protesters Throw Bibles, Bricks at Cops|Politifreak (http://www.politifreak.com/conervatives/occupy-sf-protesters-throw-bibles-bricks-at-cops/ - broken link)

I guarantee you will never find a Tea Party where anything like this happened.
So Ron Paul doesn't support the tea party and OWS?????

Let me guess you are a Ron Paul supporter, yet you don't even know this inconvenient fact

Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times
Quote:
Are you saying that leading Democrats like Obama and Pelosi didn't speak glowingly about the OWS? Are you saying that many other Democrats spoke up calling the OWS movement to be the Democrat answer to the Tea Party? Are you wanting to argue the truthfulness of any of those statistics? If so get about the arguing.
Feel free to provide links showing that Democratic leaders labeled the OWS as the answer to the Tea Party movement.

Lets start with Obama, shall we?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So Ron Paul doesn't support the tea party and OWS?????

Let me guess you are a Ron Paul supporter, yet you don't even know this inconvenient fact
You are doing your normal deflection attempt to take us away from the topic of the thread. Why don't you just find another thread to deflect on since you don't seem to know what the topic of this one is? Maybe if you would look at a link now and then you could take part in a thread discussion instead of just deflecting, Yep, old Saul would be very proud of the way you work.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Feel free to provide links showing that Democratic leaders labeled the OWS as the answer to the Tea Party movement.

Lets start with Obama, shall we?
I would say that you don't remember this happening or is it that you don't think he really said these things. I heard him say all of these things on that channel he mentions late in the article. Maybe they just voice over for him when they do these things.

Obama on Occupy Wall Street: 'We Are on Their Side' | The Weekly Standard

Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Er, where does this come from? There is no data where any of this is sourced...which means another...

At least try a little bit to convince people you might know what you are talking about.
It appears that you don't pay any attention to the URL when you open up any links. Is it possible that you don't even look at links? I think so but then here is the link as I posted it in the OP. Now there will be an abbreviation by the forum computer but you can click on that and right there before your eyes will be where this came from.

May I tell you that if you type in the first few words of the article on google you will see page after page of this same group of data, like it or not.

Occupy Party vs Tea Party

Deflect and deflect and I will continue to treat you like what you seem to be.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
You have over 30+K posts, with some of it focused on this stuff. Wow, you have a LOT of time on your hands.
And you didn't even look at the OP link and here you are with left leaning deflection with no mention of the link.

As a retired old gentleman I do have a lot of time on my hands. Do you suppose there will be any SS when you get to retirement age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies