Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
IThe Nazis didn't set up Auschwitz right from the beginning of their reign of terror and genocide.
I don't think the ruling elite were seen as anything but masters under Nazi rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
I'm confused - at what point was he detained exactly? Perhaps there is more to the story than what I'm reading. My understanding is he went through the scanner, an alarm was sounded, he refused a pat down, and was refused access to the secure area and didn't get to fly. Was there some point he was not free to leave the situation? Was he told he had to stay and be patted down before he could leave the area? I understand his goal was to get to his flight, but being refused access to a secure area because you refuse to cooperate with their security measures does NOT equal detainment.

Sounds like you got it to me.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:01 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Isn't this jerk wealthy to begin with? Why is he flying commercial if he doesn't want to go through a security screening process? He set off a body scanner so if he didn't wanted to be "patted down" he could have easily just have not taken that flight.
Except that he wanted the publicity!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
That's not going to be as damaging of property and life as a commercial plane.

It's pretty simple if you know about homeland security. The homeland security community doesn't pretend to think that it can stop EVERYTHING. The idea is to stop obvious threats and provent what can be prevented.

It's always funny when people start throwing out "If-I-Were-A-Terrorist-I'd-Do-This ...." Well, the homeland security community does sit around and think about what people WOULD do and COULD do. They then take whatever realistic and feasible matters possible to do the best to prevent these threats.

A lot of you guys talk about how the "terrorists won," blah, blah and because "we all live in fear." No ... if we were truly living in a police state that was monitoring and acting on the justified paranoia, then we WOULD be checking every plane that goes in the air.

You should probably start thinking about who is really the brain dead one and be more open-minded in this discussion.
Obviously you need some more life experience and study to some history. If you have the money you can rent a 747.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Obviously you need some more life experience and study to some history. If you have the money you can rent a 747.
I doubt life experiences result in a perfect person, much less a perfect world where nothing is a problem... men are angels!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I wonder what this could be about...

They better have a good reason.....

TSA | Rand Paul | Senator | The Daily Caller
You GO Rand Paul~~~ Stand up for the freedoms that are guaranteed in the US Const for all of its citizens

Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Except that he wanted the publicity!
Oh right, being that he gets no publicity being a political figure and all. The best way for him to garner "publicity" was to get on a public airline to get to a speaking engagement.

Had he chartered a jet, then you people would whine and moan that he was using "tax payer" funds to live large. People just do not THINK anymore.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I wonder what this could be about...

They better have a good reason.....

TSA | Rand Paul | Senator | The Daily Caller
There's nothing special about that smarmy little weasel, what's the problem?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is amazing how thin-skinned and sensitive the RW of today are. There seems to be nothing they won't cry about.

I am disappointed at Rand Paul for crying about having to submit to same treatment as everyone else. I still respect his views, but I respect him less as a person than I did before. His father still gets my vote in Nov though.
The question should be "Why is ANY AMERICAN subject to this mistreatment?", not "why is he crying about it?" He is standing up for ALL of us who have to go through this trampling of our civil rights.

Last edited by wehotex; 01-24-2012 at 12:09 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Good for him. Unreasonable search per our Constitution. Good for him. All of us need to follow that example.
I am apsolutely sure that ALL airplane highjacking terrorists agree 100% with your idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies