Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You are right, nothing HAS changed. Too many GOPers are too prejudiced and stereotypical to see that their attitude is the major factor in keeping blacks out of voting for republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
With comments like this, it is no wonder. Another blacks are too stupid to make informed decision post from a right-winger. Many right-wingers do not think very highly of blacks. Why even attempt to deny it? If you are a right-winger and have a problem with this statement, you should talk to people who post things like the above about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Did it ever occur to you that Black people actually believe in social programs? It's threads like this that show how limited the Right can be in understanding motives of the Left. The idea of being concerned for someone else's welfare is so foreign to them, that the only reason that makes sense to them for why Blacks would support Dems is to milk some more of those entitlements they must be on.
Equiviocating why you won't vote for Romney or Gingrich in 2012 does not prove that you would EVER vote for the GOP. It's plainly obvious that you wouldn't, but yet the excuses fly. Face it. You'll NEVER vote for the GOP......so why try to explain away something that never existed in the first place?

I don't say I won't vote for Obama but insinuate that i'll vote for a Democrat. Plainly put, I will NEVER vote for a Democrat. No hedging. Just a fact. So what's so hard about you folks owning up to it as well?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I am an RN and work with highly educated black Americans (apparently Afican American is not a term welcomed anymore by many) What I am hearing is many black RNs and MDs who voted for Obama the first time around are seriously listening to what Gingrich & Romney are saying. Some are on the fence but most agree nothing upsets them more than someone casting a vote for a candidate they know nothing about. A fellow RN said it is disheartening when she asks some of her extended family members why they voted for Obama only to hear that they think he is really handsome(sorry disagree) or he is such a good speaker. When pressed for what they know about his stances on issues they are absolutely clueless. When he was initially elected, he had some lofty goals to meet and was a motivational type speaker. Most educated black people are seeing the light it seems and looking at other options other than just voting party or race. Interesting observation. I am on the fence about who I like in the republican arena but I am listening and learning. What are your observations? Not a hate thread so don't make it one!
I'm sorry but I think your experiences must be an anomaly. The polls still show overwhelming support for mr obama in the black community. Personally, I feel someday soon it will be an hispanic face that will represent the democratic party.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Not my sterotype. Again..are these two well educated black people representative of most well educated black people or atypical? I can remember one of the doctors at the hospital who again is black who was for McCain years ago. He was very upset over Obama posters all over yet no McCain posters. He also was a strong man of faith and apparently this figured into his not voting for Obama. Now please don't shoot the messenger..again..my observations.
Let me ask you this........why was he for McCain?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Not a hate thread. Don't make it one.
Oh that's right, it's not about race.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Equiviocating why you won't vote for Romney or Gingrich in 2012 does not prove that you would EVER vote for the GOP. It's plainly obvious that you wouldn't, but yet the excuses fly. Face it. You'll NEVER vote for the GOP......so why try to explain away something that never existed in the first place?

I don't need to explain myself in the first place. I have my reasons for voting Democrat - the same reasons that I did when I voted for Clinton. It isn't because of loyalty to my race or because I need a handout.

I grew up in a suburb of MA with a lot of white liberals. No one told them that they were too stupid to make an informed decision or that they were stuck on a plantation. No one has told southern whites who vote Republican this either. Yet you insinuate, once again that black people are a bunch of idiots who vote on nothing but race or the need for handouts. Stop insulting people and sell the party on something substantive, that is if there is anything - maybe then not only black people but people will listen to you rather than being offended and turned off.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
I don't need to explain myself in the first place. I have my reasons for voting Democrat - the same reasons that I did when I voted for Clinton. It isn't because of loyalty to my race or because I need a handout.

I grew up in a suburb of MA with a lot of white liberals. No one told them that they were too stupid to make an informed decision or that they were stuck on a plantation. No one has told southern whites who vote Republican this either. Yet you insinuate, once again that black people are a bunch of idiots who vote on nothing but race or the need for handouts. Stop insulting people and sell the party on something substantive, that is if there is anything - maybe then not only black people but people will listen to you rather than being offended and turned off.
So why do you vote Democratic then? What is it that Democrats offer that Republicans simply do not?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Oh that's right, it's not about race.
are you saying that any thread involving race is automatically a 'hate thread'?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Most educated blacks that I know are not voting Republican. Maybe it's a regional thing or just the circle of people that you know. No, uneducated unemployed blacks are not the face of the Democrat party. This is just another lie that the GOP is trying to spread.

Most of my educated black friends very good friends. Who have their own business, are highly educated, have beautiful homes, vacation homes you get it, have voted Republician for some time.

They have always believed that hard work, and good education, what they were taught from their parents, pays off.
They have never expected a thing in their life for free without working for it. And their hard work has paid off.

Most educated blacks i know, who are very sucessful, don't want any part of the democratic party, have a bout a month, they will sit you down and expalin why to you. I never want to get into it with them even though i am one.
And i have friends who voted for Obama the first time around, that will not give him the time of day now, white and black.
They said to me, fool me once, fool me never again.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

I don't say I won't vote for Obama but insinuate that i'll vote for a Democrat. Plainly put, I will NEVER vote for a Democrat. No hedging. Just a fact. So what's so hard about you folks owning up to it as well?
But that's OK for you, right?

If I say, however, that I'll never vote for a Republican (and I won't, at least at the state or national level), that's because I'm black and too dumb to think for myself, or I'm voting Dem because I'm for welfare and food stamps.

Why the double standard?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I'm sorry but I think your experiences must be an anomaly. The polls still show overwhelming support for mr obama in the black community. Personally, I feel someday soon it will be an hispanic face that will represent the democratic party.
You might have a point there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies