Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times

Advertisements

That image alone, with him standing in front of the Stars-and-Bars, is enough to discredit him as a serious candidate for the presidency. Whatever rational argument he makes, this shows he has no sense of tact or propriety. Where/when was this recorded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Only liberals are dumb enough to criticize the concept of secession, while failing to realize we seceded from the British Empire.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Only liberals are dumb enough to criticize the concept of secession, while failing to realize we seceded from the British Empire.
Coming from someone who lists their location as "Occupied Virginia", why does this comment not surprise me? The South lost; get over it.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Does this really surprise anyone with the long history of those newsletters?

More BS playing to those who believe The Lost Cause of the South.

The opening shots in the Civil war were fired on Friday, April 12, 1861, at 4:30 a.m. at Fort Sumter.

It was championed by the confederate troops and the commanding officers at the time.

Don't try to revise history when it takes seconds to debunk.
why are you revising history

say the first shot(of the civil war) was actually the Firing on the Union Ship "Star of the West" off Morris Island January 10, 1861.

First Shot of the Civil War

Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm the civil war was about states rights....not slavery....slavery was only a PART of the states rights
You mean states ratts right? Isn't that how they pronounce it down in the deep south....

Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Coming from someone who lists their location as "Occupied Virginia", why does this comment not surprise me? The South lost; get over it.
They'll never get over it. They change the truth one generation at a time. In 100 years it will be that the South won but changed on their own.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
why are you revising history

say the first shot(of the civil war) was actually the Firing on the Union Ship "Star of the West" off Morris Island January 10, 1861.

First Shot of the Civil War
So we have the shots fired at Fort Sumter which is placed in the history books since the event, taught in schools, and held by historians as the first shot of the Civil War...or we have a guy who owns a website asserting what the first shot of war was firing at the Star of the West.

Yeah, I think I will go with the overwhelming weight of more then a century of history, and people who spend their lives studying it, instead of what you seem to think is true because it's posted on a single website.

Thanks.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
John Brown wasn’t an agent of the federal government. He decided on his own to take up arms against a corrupt system. I was always taught that Henry Farley a Confederate officer fired the first shot. But whatever is convenient for you right.

I don’t believe the North was wrong at all. It was the other way around.

Quote:
uhm the first 'shot' was by the north in 1859...browns raid

btw, I am a northerner, and my family faught for the Union..my ancestor was the Assistant Sec of war, and my other ancestor was a Union MG at gettysburg

the north was wrong to try to FORCE its agenda on the southern states..we lost more americans in that war than ANY OTHER WAR COMBINED

Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So we have the shots fired at Fort Sumter which is placed in the history books since the event, taught in schools, and held by historians as the first shot of the Civil War...or we have a guy who owns a website asserting what the first shot of war was firing at the Star of the West.

Yeah, I think I will go with the overwhelming weight of more then a century of history, and people who spend their lives studying it, instead of what you seem to think is true because it's posted on a single website.

Thanks.
and WHY was there shots on ft sumter....because the NORTH attacked and TOOK it.......On December 26th 1860 U.S. Major-General Robert Anderson moves his troops from Ft. Moultrie, in Charleston, South Carolina, and takes over Ft. Sumter.

face it the north was the agressors

Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
uhm the civil war was about states rights....not slavery....slavery was only a PART of the states rights
A BIG part of slavery rights issue at the time. And it shouldn’t have been, considering the foundation to abolish slave trade was laid via the US Constitution in 1789.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies