Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

So let's get them cleaning toilets so they can lose weight. WTF??

Child Labor Laws = Obese Kids (Senator Grassley) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Silly Senator. Doesn't he know its the Happy Meal Toy that makes them fat?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
The guy is out there.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Liberalism not only is it a mental disorder it has now been discovered to be a major contributing factor to childhood obesity and diabetes.

Again liberals "can't handle the truth"

Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
liberal coddling is what makes them fat

Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Republican Senator Grassley, child labor laws will make kids fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So let's get them cleaning toilets so they can lose weight. WTF??

Look, everybody...

Senator Chuck is only trying to help the job creators.

America's corporations are in a real bind these days, despite their record profits. They've sent millions of jobs to Communist China, hired millions of illegal aliens, but still they're just plain spending way too much on paying workers. And that money is much better spent on executive bonuses, after all.

America's kids are a great untapped labor force, just waiting to be exploited.

Like the good old days.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Look, everybody...

Senator Chuck is only trying to help the job creators.

America's corporations are in a real bind these days, despite their record profits. They've sent millions of jobs to Communist China, hired millions of illegal aliens, but still they're just plain spending way too much on paying workers. And that money is much better spent on executive bonuses, after all.

America's kids are a great untapped labor force, just waiting to be exploited.

Like the good old days.

Part of the "problem" is that Grassley comes from a state, Iowa, in which people still have a work ethic and kids actually work. That is what we used to call being responsible and building character. Now "work" is a dirty word and liberals shudder at the possibility of kids working. I guess that is why the rest of the nation is in such a terrible economic mess while "backward" places like Iowa prosper.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
LOL.

Look, I think that the child labor laws may be to restrictive, in some cases. But overall, they are a good thing. I was working over 40 hours a week full time for my dad when I was going to school. But I couldn't get paid full time because of child labor laws. There were also some jobs I wasn't "legally" supposed to be doing, like working with hazardous chemicals, but it was done anyway.

But hey I enjoyed it, and I had money. i should have been allowed to keep the job full time if I could keep my grades up, and my grades were great. (till about my junior year, partied the last two years Still graduated with a 3.8 GPA overall, and in the top 10 of my graduating class.)

Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
LOL.

Look, I think that the child labor laws may be to restrictive, in some cases. But overall, they are a good thing. I was working over 40 hours a week full time for my dad when I was going to school. But I couldn't get paid full time because of child labor laws. There were also some jobs I wasn't "legally" supposed to be doing, like working with hazardous chemicals, but it was done anyway.

But hey I enjoyed it, and I had money. i should have been allowed to keep the job full time if I could keep my grades up, and my grades were great. (till about my junior year, partied the last two years Still graduated with a 3.8 GPA overall, and in the top 10 of my graduating class.)
Great experience! I'll bet you are a hard worker today because of it. Kids are coddled too much today and cannot work effectively, due to lack of work place experience. Even young doctors, coming out of residency today, are lazy and cannot work hard enough to keep up.

MAKE your kids work if you want them to amount to something.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great experience! I'll bet you are a hard worker today because of it. Kids are coddled too much today and cannot work effectively, due to lack of work place experience. Even young doctors, coming out of residency today, are lazy and cannot work hard enough to keep up.

MAKE your kids work if you want them to amount to something.
Well it wasn't always fun, lots of times I was working when I would have rather been doing child things. However, I believe that you do have to work a child to keep them going and make work a normal part of daily life. A day without work is like a day without breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies