Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 AM

234 posts, read 882,824 times

Advertisements

Heidi Klum,Natalie Portman,Charlize Theron...are just names of famous people I give example of that were immigrants and became American citizens.

So why are American so against immigrants them being naturalized american citizens or just plain immigrants.

I mean this country was built by immigrants this country is a melting pot if anyone took history class in elementary would know that.

I mean I have talked to some Americans that are like "oh goodness there are a lot of immigrants here and they do jobs for nuts or low jobs. They should just leave."

Look Americans should be lucky someone is cleaning a dirty toilet bathrooms, something they are disgusted in doing. At least when they go pee and make a use out of it, it is clean. Someone has to do the dirty job since an "american" won't.

And some even complain about immigrants getting jobs from the Americans. Come on who gets hire are those WILLING TO DO WORK. So if you are not willing to do the work, some one is, then what is the problem.

Why can we just live in PEACE. We share this world, end of story.

America is the one place you can unite all sorts of people and live in peace. If they are contributing to the country for me, it is all good.

PS. I am against illegal immigrants, that I do not approve of.

But for those who are here legally then welcome. As long as you respect others and do something for america, you are all welcome by me.

Last edited by Bo; 01-24-2012 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Moved from General US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 04:26 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
So why are American so against immigrants them being naturalized american citizens or just plain immigrants.
Europe is worse.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:56 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Europe is worse.
Tu quoque fallacy.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Tu quoque fallacy.
No, not really.

!!CAMPAIGN RACISM IN GERMANY!! - YouTube

European Racism in Football - YouTube

Mothers protest anti-Muslim bigotry in France - YouTube

English Defence League protestors on Islam part 1 - YouTube

Migrants in Southern Italy 1 - YouTube

Racial tension on the rise in Greece - YouTube

More African immigrant riots hit southern Italy - CCTV 100110 - YouTube

Openly Racist and Xenophobic persons in many parts of Europe hold high positions of power in politics, media, business, professional sports, etc.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:29 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
I dont think you understand what a quo quoque fallacy is.

It is when someone says, "X does this," and X replies, "well Y does it too."

Old 01-24-2012, 05:37 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
I think a more accurate question is: Why do some humans dislike others based on differences of race, religion, style...

It seems to be a trait held in common by many, and writings suggest the question has been asked for centuries. You may not get it answered to your satisfaction on an internet forum. But, who knows?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
Heidi Klum,Natalie Portman,Charlize Theron...are just names of famous people I give example of that were immigrants and became American citizens.

The difference is Heidi Klum, Natalie Portman and Charlize Theron aren't poor.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM

2,596 posts, read 4,658,144 times
Default Boredatwork

If Americans hate on other Americans then that should tell you something. The fact all Americans except Eskimos and native Americans are descendants of immigrants should tell you another thing.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Romila,
Your comments are too general. You can't simply say American's hate immigrants.. what Americans? This American does NOT?
you can't simply say American's wont do this job or the dirty work? What Americans? This American does!
Sure there are folks out there for some reason or another that hate on immigrants simply because they have low self esteem themselves. But you can't generalize and say Americans this or Americans that.. its very offensive to us American's who don't hate on Immigrants, illegal or NOT..

Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 AM

441 posts, read 886,292 times
I'm not entirely sure I see where you're coming from. It may be part southern hospitality, but I'm a recent (and legal) immigrant and i've found citizens to be welcoming - very welcoming. I don't feel discriminated against for having come from a different country - people tend to simply ask where I'm from and how I like it here. Then they tell me how fantastic their state is and why I should move there (and I invariably end up feeling down since it always sounds fantastic lol.). By now I've spoken to people from almost each state and the attitude is the same- welcoming and friendly. even in terms of employment. I went to a military recruiter (several in fact) and each time the subject of citizenship/eligibility came up all I did was show my green card and I was asked where I'm from, what it's like there, and how I like the US so far. To be clear I'm not from a very well off country. Maybe people are being snide and disrespectful behind my back but I've never noticed that. Maybe once.

I honestly feel like here it doesn't really matter where you're from, so long as you follow the laws and are doing something useful to society (ie not being a drug dealer/racist). This is just my experience though.

I do notice that there's a strong dislike for illegal immigrants (but that's a different story)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies