Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since you obviously didn't read either of the links I proposed you don't know that the man who said the real bother for the GOP establishment is named Newt Gingrich and not Tea Party. I don't remember the Tea Party being mentioned at all in all those words. However, I do remember the mention of all the worry about the establishment is winning congressional elections. I guess you do have some of the idea without reading.
Newt has become the tea party "anti romney" candidate. That's where I'm coming from. He's picking up working class white republicans in big numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They Don't Understand Their Own Base

This is a very funny and interesting discussion of the Establishment politicians in the GOP. They are really in a panic after South Carolina and the early polls in Florida. Of course, the early and absentee votes in the Sunshine State may allow them to breathe a bit easier.

Anyway you can read this link and then go to the real source of it to see why I am laughing my butt off at that little group that has been running the GOP too long.

The GOP Establishment in Abject Panic: They Don’t Understand Their Own Base | Conservative Byte

Don't panic at who said all this because he really isn't a member of the Republican Party.

Seems to me there's a lot of truth in that article.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Roy--the reason the establishment is in a panic is because they like to win elections. I hate to tell you this, but a tea party candidate will not win over independent voters to win the general. That's why they're freaking out. If that doesn't matter to the tea party, then it is what it is.
If Newt Gingrich is the nominee Obama will win running away.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Newt has become the tea party "anti romney" candidate. That's where I'm coming from. He's picking up working class white republicans in big numbers.
You'll need more of a coalition than that to win and will he be able to pick up the ones in the Midwest, union stronghold states?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again Obama will be reelected because the old guard GOP is broken and in the process of rebuilding itself. However the R's will keep the House and Gain the Senate because of the new conservative independent movement.
Well the establishment says that if Newt gets the nomination they will lose a shot at the Senate and probably the House because of the coat tail effect of Obama beating him. I am not sure that most middle class people won't swing to Newt before the debate is over if Newt is involved. If so the coat tail effect could work for them not against them.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
If the Tea Party is ready to support Newt what will happen in state after Florida if he wins that one? I haven't heard a lot from the Tea Party up to now but then they may make some real noise before summer.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
TEA party screwed the GOP out of a Senate majority, and they are threatening to cost them the white house.

Of course my only problem is that they are replacing Romney, the guy they don't trust, with Gingrich.

Seriously? I mean the democrats should do better then Obama also, but this is ridiculous. I can't believe people vote for either of the main party candidates, because they don't like the other guy more.

How about voting for the person you do like? If you don't like anyone on the ticket, write in or find a independent or a third party.

For Christs sake people, don't vote for the R or the D candidate.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You'll need more of a coalition than that to win and will he be able to pick up the ones in the Midwest, union stronghold states?
We shall soon see the answer to your question as the others drop out and their people have to swing one direction or the other. I say that the middle class is the center of Tea Party power and they will begin to see that Newt is more for them than Romney or Obama. I really can't wait to see what happens to the Obama pleas to what he calls the middle class if Newt wins many more of these elections.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
If Newt Gingrich is the nominee Obama will win running away.
You are a member of or listiening to the establishment Republicans. Read my link in the OP and then see what you think.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
GOP will take the Senate easy. Short of catching 4 or 5 of them having relations with farm animals its a done deal. They will keep the house.

>Vote your principles.< Newt will alienate the center and give it to Obama. The Dems LOVE you!
It seems to me that the real center of either party is made up of middle class people and I can't see them going anywhere but to Newt.

Read my link in the OP and tell me what you think after doing it.

No Dems really love me or ever will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies