Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 AM

629 posts, read 770,383 times

Advertisements

It was boring and hardly a whisper about his signature legislation Obamascare. He spent his first to years in office cramming this pig down our throats and now hes embarrased by it. The speech basically outlined his failure as a leader and will make replacing him in Nov that much easier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,175,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Our president gave a wonderful speech tonight. I sincerely hope and believe he will be re-elected.

obama was talking out of the side of his mouth again. he and carter are just alike, 1 term presidents.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:27 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,163,319 times
There is no denying that he's a gifted speaker. So is a snake oil salesman or a TV prosperity evangelist. So was Hitler. What he is doing to our nation is what's important and it's not good.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:29 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,238,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
It was boring and hardly a whisper about his signature legislation Obamascare. He spent his first to years in office cramming this pig down our throats and now hes embarrased by it. The speech basically outlined his failure as a leader and will make replacing him in Nov that much easier
You're delusional.

I thought the speech was great, too - very positive and optimistic. I really thought he tried to bring the sides together - not that it's going to happen with the haters.

I know it doesn't matter what our President says or does or what he accomplishes - there is a segment of this country's population that will never give him credit for anything, anyhow.

But, yes, I thought the speech was great with a lot of goals and aspirations - I just hope that at least some of it can be done, despite the obstructionists he faces at every turn.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:32 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,634,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You're delusional.

I thought the speech was great, too - very positive and optimistic. I really thought he tried to bring the sides together - not that it's going to happen with the haters.

I know it doesn't matter what our President says or does or what he accomplishes - there is a segment of this country's population that will never give him credit for anything, anyhow.
You can't expect rational opinions from irrational people.

I agree with you. I didn't watch all of the speech, but what I heard, I liked.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,349,177 times
Default It was an excellent speech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Our president gave a wonderful speech tonight. I sincerely hope and believe he will be re-elected.
After listening to this incredible, articulate, effective man speak, I wondered why we bother ourselves with a Republican party. Jesus Christ! Excellent speech.

We're in good hands with this intelligent man at the helm. The Republican narrative stinks and is misguided. The Republican candidates stink and their attempt to unseat this great man is just a mere formality.

Looking forward to this President's second term and enough votes to kick those lousy, backwards, and worthless Republicans/tea partiers OUT of Congress. If we're lucky, the President can replace some of those imbecile GOP-supporting Justices from the Supreme Court too.

President Obama's ideas and plans take this country into a better future. The idiotic Republicans merely want to erase the 20th century.

Enjoy President Obama's second term. Excellent speech!

Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 AM

26,366 posts, read 14,975,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There is no denying that he's a gifted speaker. So is a snake oil salesman or a TV prosperity evangelist. So was Hitler. What he is doing to our nation is what's important and it's not good.
I think a lot of people are sheeple and are mesmerized by Obama's dreamy words. But I think you lose a lot of steam when you compare any US President to Hitler even if just in speaking ability.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,634,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think a lot of people are sheeple and are mesmerized by Obama's dreamy words. But I think you lose a lot of steam when you compare any US President to Hitler even if just in speaking ability.
Nah. Let them compare Obama to Hitler. It gives the sane among us an opportunity to see how INsane many of the Obama-haters are.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,892,463 times
i didn't watch it, because i no longer submit to the lies and the propaganda-as the world continues to head towards war with iran.

from black agenda report:
A member of the Council on Foreign Relations, which represents the views of the American corporate establishment, says “The probability of armed conflict between the United States and Iran is higher now than at any point since 1988.” That’s because the Obama administration has methodically steered the U.S. military juggernaut towards war with Iran since the day Obama entered the White House. Washington is busily organizing a world economic war against Iran, bullying other countries, and even pressuring the Chinese – so far, unsuccessfully – to boycott Iranian oil, which is an act of war. The U.S. and its allies are hell bent on regime change in Syria, Iran’s neighbor and ally, covertly supporting armed insurgents that have killed more than 1,500 Syrian soldiers and police, while western corporate media blow the bugles of armed intervention. U.S. warships commit daily provocations in the Persian Gulf, hoping to create a pretext for a shooting war. And, just this month, another Iranian scientist was assassinated, either by the Israelis or the CIA, the fifth such murder in the last two years. Such targeted aggressions would be considered acts of war if the Iranians committed them against the US. or Israel.

Iranians know what can happen when the U.S. Navy maneuvers in the Gulf. In 1988, an American missile cruiser shot down an Iranian civilian passenger airliner over the Gulf, killing all 290 people aboard. It was a crime against humanity – and the Iranians remember it well, even if the self-contained American public, does not. The American media, addicted to lying in the service of the U.S. State Department, is full of fake news about Iranian threats, when it is the Americans who are doing all the threatening, all the killing, and subjecting Iran to economic strangulation

we are living in very dangerous times right now-and it doesn't have to be that way. obama is a bully, constantly poking everyone else in the eye with a sharp stick.

oh, and americans are still being murdered abroad-and, thanks to obama, some of them by our OWN government now-that's a new twist!

it doesn't have to be that way for americans either.

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-25-2012 at 04:53 AM..

Old 01-25-2012, 04:31 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,168,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
After listening to this incredible, articulate, effective man speak, I wondered why we bother ourselves with a Republican party. Jesus Christ! Excellent speech.

We're in good hands with this intelligent man at the helm. The Republican narrative stinks and is misguided. The Republican candidates stink and their attempt to unseat this great man is just a mere formality.

Looking forward to this President's second term and enough votes to kick those lousy, backwards, and worthless Republicans/tea partiers OUT of Congress. If we're lucky, the President can replace some of those imbecile GOP-supporting Justices from the Supreme Court too.

President Obama's ideas and plans take this country into a better future. The idiotic Republicans merely want to erase the 20th century.

Enjoy President Obama's second term. Excellent speech!
I was really hoping you would post. Always cheer me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies