Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you support him without even taking the time to hear his state of the Union address. That probably tells more about you than your posting does.

NIta
Wow. This was rather snarky. People work. People go to school. People have other responsibilities that might preclude them from being able to be in front of a television on a weekday evening. I certainly do.
That's what transcripts and recaps are for.
I wasn't able to watch it live, however, from what I've heard and read, I certainly still support most of the president's agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times
Ralph Naders take on the speech

"He Says One Thing And Does Another": Ralph Nader Reviews Obama's State of the Union Speech - YouTube

Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,305 times
Obama will be re-elected in 2012. After wishing fervently for Jon Huntsman to become the GOP candidate to run against Obama, I gave up on the GOP when Huntsman bowed out.

The GOP candidates in left in the race are a joke and an embarrassment to the party. Is this the best the GOP has to offer? These candidates are like the crud scraped off from the bottom of my boots. Hearing them talk out of both sides of their mouths is physically nauseating.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:08 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Obama will be re-elected in 2012. After wishing fervently for Jon Huntsman to become the GOP candidate to run against Obama, I gave up on the GOP when Huntsman bowed out.

The GOP candidates in left in the race are a joke and an embarrassment to the party. Is this the best the GOP has to offer? These candidates are like the crud scraped off from the bottom of my boots. Hearing them talk out of both sides of their mouths is physically nauseating.
Yawn. You were never going to vote for Huntsman or anyone else not named Barry Hussein Obama. You are one of the 30%.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yawn. You were never going to vote for Huntsman or anyone else not named Barry Hussein Obama. You are one of the 30%.
What a moronic statement. Typical of the ignorant GOPer.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Obama's SOTU Address Written at 8th Grade Level for 3rd Straight Year

Quote:
Obama's SOTU addresses have the lowest average Flesch-Kincaid score of any modern president; Obama owns three of the six lowest-scoring addresses since FDR.
Quote:
With three addresses under his belt, President Obama has the lowest average Flesch-Kincaid score for State of the Union addresses of any modern president. Obama's average grade-level score of 8.4 is more than two grades lower than the 10.7 grade average for the other 67 addresses written by his 12 predecessors.

But even though the last five presidents have the lowest five collective scores on this readability test, Obama's speeches were written at a much lower grade level than those recorded by Ronald Reagan (10.3) and George W. Bush (10.4).
Link: "My Message is Simple": Obama's SOTU Written at 8th Grade Level for Third Straight Year - Smart Politics

Hmmm. This might explain why so many of his followers "loved" his SOTU address. They finally got spoken to at their educational level.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
What a moronic statement. Typical of the ignorant GOPer.
Anyone voting for Obama shouldn't be calling anyone else moronic or ignorant. You win on both counts.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Link: "My Message is Simple": Obama's SOTU Written at 8th Grade Level for Third Straight Year - Smart Politics

Hmmm. This might explain why so many of his followers "loved" his SOTU address. They finally got spoken to at their educational level.

Maybe he was making it simple enough for the GOP obstructionists.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM

753 posts, read 843,059 times
They realize you have to dumb things down for the message to resonate. At least he could pronounce all of the words, unlike prior 'miserable failures' of SOTU addresses.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Anyone voting for Obama shouldn't be calling anyone else moronic or ignorant. You win on both counts.
Anyone voting for Romney or Gingrich is wanting the exact same policies that got us into this mess by the Bush Administration for 8 years before Obama took office. *THAT* is ignorant and moronic. You win by a mile.

No thanks, but I'll take my chances with Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies