Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,534,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
I noticed in his speech President Obama didnt speak of imprisoning any responsible for the financial calamity! All talk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no action! If thugs were imprisoned during the Savings and Loans crisis, and not one person is in jail after the worst orchestrated financial meltdown in this nations history, I can only conclude that the President is all talk and no action!
do you really think globalist liberal obama is going to go after barney frank, dodd, clinton, biden, pelosi, reid, graham, leiberman, mccain, waxman, fienstein, russ, leahy, etc

who eased the moortage rule...clinton in 1995
who signed grahm leachy..clinton
who prevented regulation from controlling this...frank/dodd
who pushed the bailouts...obama and the liberals

do you REALLY think he is going to go after, his own party???? do ya really???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,319,229 times
They fund him and the media so the bankers reign of financial terror continues. They should just announce that Obama's buddy Jamie Dimon is the actual president.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,473,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
do you really think globalist liberal obama is going to go after barney frank, dodd, clinton, biden, pelosi, reid, graham, leiberman, mccain, waxman, fienstein, russ, leahy, etc

who eased the moortage rule...clinton in 1995
who signed grahm leachy..clinton
who prevented regulation from controlling this...frank/dodd
who pushed the bailouts...obama and the liberals

do you REALLY think he is going to go after, his own party???? do ya really???

In a pigs eye hek no. Actually i have come to know that Obama is all talk, i want action. I don't believe in words, but i do believe in action speaks more volume.

I believe he is in campaign mode.
Obama go after those fine people

Barney Frank, Dodd, Pelosi, Reid,Leahy, etc, the believe me bunch, hek no.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,452,587 times
Quote:
no action! If thugs were imprisoned during the Savings and Loans crisis, and not one person is in jail after the worst orchestrated financial meltdown in this nations history, I can only conclude that the President is all talk and no action!
So you want him to lock up Sen. Dodd and Rep. Frank? Or minority homeowners who thought they could afford 400k homes on 30k of income?

Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,410,152 times
Why would this come up now when the financial collapse happened about four years ago?

Old 01-25-2012, 05:15 AM

24,041 posts, read 15,154,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Regardless of how I would love to see certain individuals perp walked into federal prison, I would love for you to publish the specific federal statutes that would make that possible.
Ditto

Old 01-25-2012, 05:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,628,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So you want him to lock up Sen. Dodd and Rep. Frank? Or minority homeowners who thought they could afford 400k homes on 30k of income?

Neither. Lock up anyone who committed fraud or perjury; that essentially targets the former executives of financial institutions.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...216?print=true

Old 01-28-2012, 10:16 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,578,606 times
Start with that Mozzilo guy, and go from there.

DAMN that was easy, wasn't it??????

Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times
I'd like to have a list of Obama's campaign contributers -- he's got an extremely large campaign fund. It can't be all those grateful unemployed citizens pouring money into his campaign funding.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,198,554 times
Quote:
You're an adult, right? Put away the emotion. Please feel free to give instances where actual crimes were committed and where the feds could actually make a solid case.

Most of what happened to cause the current financial mess was actually very legal. It was the result of lax financial regulations in this country.

The President was action when he was putting financial reforms in place. Stronger reform wasn't hindered by him, but by Congressional Republicans were fighting tooth and nail against any regulation. To boot, they didn't want to appoint anyone to the consumer protection role that had been created by the laws put in place.

Should you be looking for who is pulling those strings in Washington, I'd be looking more towards an elephant than a donkey for blame.

Quote:
I'd like to have a list of Obama's campaign contributers -- he's got an extremely large campaign fund. It can't be all those grateful unemployed citizens pouring money into his campaign funding.
Sadly, your post assumes that you can track what money has been given and by whom. That's no longer possible given recent court rulings.

Quote:
Minorities? I think you've been listening to Republican/conservative outlets quite a bit. They get most of the blame in this whole issue, but they don't want the blame, so what do they do? Take other parts of the problem, such as minority lending, and try to disproportionately place blame on these items.

The financial crisis wasn't a minority lending crisis. Even people with good qualifications were being pushed into risky products. Most loan officers were paid more to issue bad paper. Not every minority ended up on a stated income, adjustable income only loan with next to nothing down.

To boot, minority lending had nothing to do with mortgage backed securities, credit default swaps, poor documentation and underwriting practices, excessively low interest rates, predatory lending and many other factors.

The mantra for those in power in 2000 to 2008 and for the Republican party in general is that all regulation is bad.

Bank regulation is always needed as banks have always had the ability to bring economies to their knees. You can't bank on private industry to do what is in the best long-term interest of growing the economy. They do what is in the best short term interest of their shareholders.

Given what I've seen here, I'd highly suggest almost all of you do some reading before spreading your opinions about the recent financial crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies