Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times

Advertisements

Its like the nuclear disaster in Japan never happened. Shouldn't there be more reporting on this? Reports on radiation levels in the ocean, in fish, the air, etc.?

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but the silence is deafening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 AM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,328 times
Yes, it is a catastrophic meltdown but in this era of corporate capture of government they just raise the safe levels of exposure and that takes care of it.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:28 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Its like the nuclear disaster in Japan never happened. Shouldn't there be more reporting on this? Reports on radiation levels in the ocean, in fish, the air, etc.?

Our rather isolationist press is not covering it very well but it is all over the Japanese newspapers (logically) and in the Korean and Chinese press daily. You needn't know any of those languages because Japan has a boatload of English language dailys and there is the Korea Times that will tell exactly whats going on.
Also if you have all the public broadcast channels you can get NHK in English and you'll be more than well informed on the subject. I don't have the links in my head but you can google them easily.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:

This thing has been swept under the rug from day one. Radiation?? Ah we'll just raise the levels and look all will be fine.

Now if you want a conspiracy this was done by the dreaded HAARP machine and now the atmosphere is loaded up with radiation so a false flag attack could be let loose and the claims of radiation ring out over the airwaves and folks go crazy. Iran and the failed attack on the saudi embassy thwarted by the feds could have been the flag but the Obama admin is so inept they stopped their own false flag attack. Note how it made the news for about half a day then disappeared. Ok tin foil hat back in the drawer.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:46 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
but the Obama admin is so inept they stopped their own false flag attack. .
You are blaming Obama for this now?

: smack:

Old 01-25-2012, 12:49 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

Is that the only thing happening in the World?

[lots of stuff going on right about now]

Old 01-25-2012, 08:01 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:

don't worry a few rads is good for the digestion..

floating jetson heading for the west coast

Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
don't worry a few rads is good for the digestion..

floating jetson heading for the west coast
It has been landing there for a couple of weeks now, see news from the Olympic Peninsula. http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...eaches-olympic

Another thread here: //www.city-data.com/forum/green...ii-sooner.html

Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:

More reporting on what? Overall silliness? It's quite silly, and I'm not sure I can stand too much more silliness. Would you like a clue? I'll give you a clue.

The operand is "specific activity."

We measure specific activity in Curies. The Euro-duchebags use Becquerels.

So, then, which is more harmful to you, 1 gram of Radon-226 (that is in your basement) or 1 gram of Depleted Uranium?

The answer is 1 gram of Radon-226.

Is it possible that Depleted Uranium could ever be as harmful as Radon-226?

Yes, but you would need 3 Million grams of Depleted Uranium to equal the harm done by one gram of Radon-226.

That is specific activity.

Specific activity is based on the rate of decay. All radio-isotopes are unstable and they eventually decay, changing into another element. If that element is stable, like lead or boron, then there is no further (perceptible) decay. If it is another unstable radio-isotope, then it will continue to decay.

Okay so a couple of retards wrote a report claiming 14,000 Americans, including a lot of infants under one year died of radiation from Fukushima. That is sensationalism and fear-mongering at its finest, preying on the uneducated and the ignorant to whip them into a frenzy.

A person weighing 185 pounds gives off 189 nanoCuries of radiation. You can imagine what a fat-body pushing 300 pounds would give off -- almost 400 nanoCuries of radiation.

The study is based on EPA reports that in some cases a liter of milk had 30 picoCuries of radiation.

Which is more harmful to you, another person, or 1 liter of milk with 30 picoCuries?

Another person.

1 nanoCurie (1 nanoCi) is 1/1 Billionth of a Curie.

1 picoCurie (1 picoCI) is 1/1 Trillionth of a Curie.

Do the math.

A 1 pound can of coffee -- well, actually guess 15 ounces (you know, Cost Inflation) has 12 nanoCuries.

So which will cause you more harm or grief, 1 pound of coffee or 1 liter of milk?

The coffee. Again, do the math. The study is absurd on its face, because it claims that infants under one year were the hardest hit, but then infants under 1 year don't drink milk; they drink formula (made months before Fukushima or breast-milk).

There are numerous other flaws in that study, and as I said, it is fear-mongering at its finest.

My advice is that instead of remaining ignorant and in the dark, and allowing others to prey on your fears and whip you into a frenzy, go educate yourself to the truth.

Silencing unwarranted fear...

Mircea

Old 01-25-2012, 12:23 PM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
More reporting on what? Overall silliness? It's quite silly, and I'm not sure I can stand too much more silliness. Would you like a clue? I'll give you a clue.

The operand is "specific activity."

We measure specific activity in Curies. The Euro-duchebags use Becquerels.

So, then, which is more harmful to you, 1 gram of Radon-226 (that is in your basement) or 1 gram of Depleted Uranium?

The answer is 1 gram of Radon-226.

Is it possible that Depleted Uranium could ever be as harmful as Radon-226?

Yes, but you would need 3 Million grams of Depleted Uranium to equal the harm done by one gram of Radon-226.

That is specific activity.

Specific activity is based on the rate of decay. All radio-isotopes are unstable and they eventually decay, changing into another element. If that element is stable, like lead or boron, then there is no further (perceptible) decay. If it is another unstable radio-isotope, then it will continue to decay.

Okay so a couple of retards wrote a report claiming 14,000 Americans, including a lot of infants under one year died of radiation from Fukushima. That is sensationalism and fear-mongering at its finest, preying on the uneducated and the ignorant to whip them into a frenzy.

A person weighing 185 pounds gives off 189 nanoCuries of radiation. You can imagine what a fat-body pushing 300 pounds would give off -- almost 400 nanoCuries of radiation.

The study is based on EPA reports that in some cases a liter of milk had 30 picoCuries of radiation.

Which is more harmful to you, another person, or 1 liter of milk with 30 picoCuries?

Another person.

1 nanoCurie (1 nanoCi) is 1/1 Billionth of a Curie.

1 picoCurie (1 picoCI) is 1/1 Trillionth of a Curie.

Do the math.

A 1 pound can of coffee -- well, actually guess 15 ounces (you know, Cost Inflation) has 12 nanoCuries.

So which will cause you more harm or grief, 1 pound of coffee or 1 liter of milk?

The coffee. Again, do the math. The study is absurd on its face, because it claims that infants under one year were the hardest hit, but then infants under 1 year don't drink milk; they drink formula (made months before Fukushima or breast-milk).

There are numerous other flaws in that study, and as I said, it is fear-mongering at its finest.

My advice is that instead of remaining ignorant and in the dark, and allowing others to prey on your fears and whip you into a frenzy, go educate yourself to the truth.

Silencing unwarranted fear...

Mircea
Science Win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies