Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are in the last days.. it is written, Good is Bad and bad is good..

Oh those poor children that God is going to get to them to know he loves them.
Creepy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are in the last days.. it is written, Good is Bad and bad is good..

Oh those poor children that God is going to get to them to know he loves them.
They've been saying that before the ink was even dry on the first copy of Revelations.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
As I said....God was taken out, and immoral things put in His place. Oh heck yeah, no more prayer but condoms and liberal crap were welcomed and utilized without asking the parents of the kids.

HOW have the schools and society changed since the changes I just named, taken place? Hmmm?

Can't deny the truth of it. They've hurt our kids. When we had the prayers, the golden rule taught to all first graders, etc....we had NO...get it? no school shootings, much less violence and didn't need a "zero tolerance" rule.

Now? THIS is what the liberals did to our kids and society.

Oh my! Your post basically states that all problems in society are down to "condoms" (which are an absolute need in society - that shouldn't require explanation), and "liberal crap"! It seems whatever education you may have received was wasted

Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
How is trying to spread the Christian "Word" an assault on America's children?

Why don't people just come out and say it: "I don't like Christianity and it creeps me out to see it being presented to children because that would make the nation more Christian or convince more people that believing in Christ is an available way of life?"
Because those of you who pretend to spread the "Word" make an absolute mockery of it. Evangelicalism/Fundamentalism are as evil as Islamic Extremism, but they can't see that they have the same mentality.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Uh, I grew up knowing The Bible and there is NO memory of ever feeling like I was supposed to hate anyone.
Most conservative Christians have barely read the entire Bible, and certainly have never researched the details. I'm an active member on the largest Christian board on the internet. I just had a Conservative tell me the Torah is the only part of their Old Testament.

Quote:

I'm not even open about my beliefs like what we describe as "religious people" and I don't understand all the Christianity hate. I think you all see wrong examples of Christianity and think it is all about that.
Well, the dislike is directed at the more extreme forms of Christianity, not the religion as a whole. Fundamentalism, Evangelicalism, and other ultra conservative forms of Christianity have seriously damaged its image in this country.

The same reason everyone associates Islam with suicide bombing terrorists, when the overwhelming majority of Muslims are law, abiding citizens.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I like the idea of teaching comparative religions and the history of different religions in a secular way. But I doubt many conservative fundamentalist 'Christians' would like that.
I enjoyed my comparative religion classes. While I don't follow them, learning about the eastern religions like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc. were interesting. I can see the draw of something like Buddhism as a philosophy.

It would be nice if comparative religion classes could offer scholarly education on the nuances and hermeneutics of popular ancient texts like the Bible. Maybe if students had a solid education in the culture, language, and context of the Bible, we might see less discrimination of gays for example. As it stands now, none of them know anything about the actual Bible, they only hear what their uneducated parents tell them, or their fire and brimstone preaching pastors.

There was that video on youtube of the army guy who came out to his parents and his mom was a bible thumping fundamentalist. She told her son he's going to go to hell for being gay, and started saying, "Man is not allowed to lie with man". Her son asked her where the Bible says that. She said, "I don't know which book or verse it is, I just know it's there" or something to that effect.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I strongly disagree. I see a profound absence of evidence to support that claim. I suspect it has nothing to do with whatever denomination you believe you're following. It's the license you've printed for yourself.
This person made a claim and you disagree!! Looks like you've printed yourself a license to be "God the Judge" really don't see any different as to what you said about this poster and how other's judge.

Since, this article was written by a person who had to insert that the author wasn't Atheist, seems plane as day for their motive. God out of anything. If this class isn't taught as one Church belief, then, I see no problem.

This is an elective class, the kids have, to have permission from the parents to attend. Just wondering where the statics are for the quote below. I attended Mormon teachings after school, many of my friends weren't Mormon, there was no divide. They didn't teach me non-believers were going to hell. I think this is just another, non-Christian way, to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.

The solution seems to be to just not let your child attend, but there are many moderate Christians who will. The children are indoctrinated to believe that only Bible-believing Christians will go to heaven and that you are only good if you believe in Jesus. What is almost worse, is that the children are left with the natural-but-false impression that these teachings are endorsed by their school. This indoctrination breaks up schoolyard friendships, which breaks up communities, but it also penetrates the homes and breaks up families. The CEF makes no excuses; this is exactly their goal. Through the children they want to bring more families to their church and anybody who is not convinced simply isn’t saved.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Christian Fascism Is Coming to a Public School Near You | Friendly Atheist

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, but I just heard the author interviewed on the radio and this was just fascinating and more than creepy. This groups tactics are unbelievable

Welcome to our world!! We been livin' this for years now!! Cry me a river!

Ban On School Christmas Carols Upheld

Quote:

Ban On School Christmas Carols Upheld

By Jeanette Rundquist
Religion News Service
(RNS) "Silent Night" and other religious songs will remain off the program at holiday concerts in one New Jersey school district--and possibly others across the country--after the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal of a school ban on religious holiday music.
</H1>

Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This person made a claim and you disagree!! Looks like you've printed yourself a license to be "God the Judge" really don't see any different as to what you said about this poster and how other's judge.

Since, this article was written by a person who had to insert that the author wasn't Atheist, seems plane as day for their motive. God out of anything. If this class isn't taught as one Church belief, then, I see no problem.

This is an elective class, the kids have, to have permission from the parents to attend. Just wondering where the statics are for the quote below. I attended Mormon teachings after school, many of my friends weren't Mormon, there was no divide. They didn't teach me non-believers were going to hell. I think this is just another, non-Christian way, to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.

The solution seems to be to just not let your child attend, but there are many moderate Christians who will. The children are indoctrinated to believe that only Bible-believing Christians will go to heaven and that you are only good if you believe in Jesus. What is almost worse, is that the children are left with the natural-but-false impression that these teachings are endorsed by their school. This indoctrination breaks up schoolyard friendships, which breaks up communities, but it also penetrates the homes and breaks up families. The CEF makes no excuses; this is exactly their goal. Through the children they want to bring more families to their church and anybody who is not convinced simply isn’t saved.
This particular radical, fanatic group is not being up front about their agenda and many parents are fooled (by design) into thinking the group innnocuous.

Quote:
3,410 Good News Clubs alone are currently in operation at elementary schools around the country, to say nothing of the countless other groups that have found loophole after loophole to strong-arm their way into the schools.

If you think “strong-arming” is too forceful a term for what may at first sound like constructive (and rather secular) moral teachings, consider this quote from the founder and president of the Liberty Counsel:

"Knock down all of the doors, all of the barriers, to all of the 65,000- plus elementary schools in the country and take the Gospel to this open mission field now! Not later! Now!"
Katherine Stewart’s “The Good News Club: The Christian Right’s Stealth Assault on America’s Children” « DBC|READS

This does not sound so very innocuous to me.

Quote:
A parent’s very ability to raise their children with a given set of values or beliefs is being undermined daily by a group whose whole salvation is contingent upon the numbers game: recruit x amount of lost sheep, ascend x miles farther into Heaven. Parents and their children deserve better. And that’s why everyone has a stake in how this book is received, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.
Anyone with any common sense will plainly see that this is not about being anti-Christian or anti-religion. This is about exposing a cult that is hiding behind relgion and using subterfuge to gain access.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
FASCISM? No, that's what we have in the White House, revealing itself incrementally.
I know! Just the other day the Stasi knocked on my door and took my wife to a communal government farm so she could help pick government strawberries with the other political dissenters... and illegal immigrants. This kind of stuff is happening so often, it's only a matter of time before that crazy black man in the White House uses all the power of the Oval Office to nominate himself as Supreme Ruler.

Quote:
I'll google about this group and see if I can make a donation to them. You see, the 'ole pendelum does swing in oh, so many ways. Bibles and God were out long ago, but condoms and Social-Engineering took their place.
Wow! You must be one of those science types who can study things like population dynamics to discern the correlations and causations of various pressures and effects on segments of society to determine what exertions are applied and what effects condoms are having on entire populations.

I know the other day I was walking around the house with a condom on my schwanze (I do that from time to time when I get bored) and I had this sudden urge to kill people. It was like the condom was literally telling me to walk into a school and kill a bunch of innocent schoolchildren. I had to make sure it was the condom so I took it off and the voices stopped. I put it back on... Voices came back. Off... Gone. On... Voices. Off... Gone. On... Voices. I did that for a while... Probably forty-five times.

Yep, it was definitely the condoms. The only clear thing I could figure is that Satan lives in the tip of every condom. He's a pretty crafty fellow that Satan...

Quote:
The backlash is finally visible?
Oh, yes. Very visible. Condoms... Nail... Head... Hammer...There once was a guy from Nantucket... Oh... Sorry... I get a little sidetracked from time to time.

Quote:
About dang time. Libs had their chance, the condoms and Marxism had their chance and how have our kids and society changed?
I know. These days teenagers are hornier than ever and now that condoms are available they're doing crazy things like making out, going to Lover's Lane, and performing... Wait a second, that was the 50's.

Fast forward... Now that condoms are widely available to anyone teenagers will hump anything that moves. I saw one banging the adjustment holes in a "PED XING" sign post the other day... Wearing a condom, singing the praises of Karl Marx, and burning a Bible... They're simply out of control with those friggin' condoms. What they really need is to be able to spread their seed everywhere and most of all, to one another. That will make for a far more wholesome society in which every teenager has the realistic opportunity of understanding what it's like to be a parent and what they're putting their parents through. Once their eyes are opened to all of this, they'll stop having sex altogether.

Quote:
When we had bibles in schools, and prayer on the loud speakers we had NO school shootings, and less violence of other types. Scuffles in the schoolyard were the worst.
I know. There is a whole body of fabricated evidence to support this. I was just reading the FBI statistics the other day on violent crime in America and they were saying that crime was at its lowest back then BECAUSE a religious group said so. If only religion was able to give its opinion of matters more frequently, we could just forget researching the causes and effects of why or how things happen.

I know they just built a particle accelerator that cost billions of dollars so they could find out the nature of gravity. Too bad they just didn't ask religion, though... They had a firm grasp on the whole gravity thing back when Newton was alive.

Quote:
Bring it on, Christians~
The bottom line is this:

Christianity... More specifically, the Second Avenue Baptist Church and Holy Jesus it's Sunday the Sabbath! version of Christianity... Is what needs to be taught in school. Anything short of that is just going to lead to more restrictive ejaculations from teenagers and more wives (like my own) being hauled off to the government strawberry farms. *Sigh* It's a weird crazy world we live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies