Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I do believe that all Guard and Reserves do have DD Form 214's, it is their military record.
Nope no one would dare suggest bringing charges against the son of a man that is running the CIA, that would be insanity, and a sure fire way to end your military career.
He can produce no forms that allowed him to simply blow off the rest of his obligation, nor are there any records in the hands of the military that show any such permission and none of his CO's can even recall where he was. Yes, charges could have been brought, they simply weren't but that does not mean he was authorized to do what he did. Plain and simple.
Good for you, I am also a Vet, as were my father, uncles, and son, we all now how the system works. Your point is?
in the guard/reserve you get a 214 for ACTIVE DuTY...like for example you should get a 214 after your basic and ait because you were on duty for 13 weeks of basic and what ever the school length of AIT (MOS school)....you do NOT get a 214 at the end of INactive duty (weekend drills)

the point is NO WHERE is there ANY form of even a slightest COUNCELLING as to him missing any time...to get excused from a weekend drill (because of any excuse (like going to a wedding) all you need is VERBAL permission fromt the chain of command.

bush joined the no-go's...why because back then (before clinton/cohen stupidly gave the NG all the combat arms units) no-gos didnt go to war, they were for NATIONAL DEFENSE

how do you know he didnt get an IMA/DIMA whwre he was able to do all 48 drills ((each drill weekend is 4 pay periods/retirement points)12 months (sat has 2 4hr periods and sun has 2 4 hour period) in a two month span over a summer (that is allowed and many reservists who work in the public safety realm(like cops/ border patrol) will do IMA/DIMA instead of a regualr TPU'r

bush did serve and was honorably discharged

the biggest question of the bush/kerry stuff was how did kerry amass 3 purple hearts(and cheap ones at that) in less than 90 days
from a guy who was protesting the war before he went
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 11:27 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No sense in beating it to death.

Tell that to the families of those killed in Iraq.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
in the guard/reserve you get a 214 for ACTIVE DuTY...like for example you should get a 214 after your basic and ait because you were on duty for 13 weeks of basic and what ever the school length of AIT (MOS school)

the point is NO WHERE is there ANY form of even a slightest COUNCELLING as to him missing any time...to get excused from a weekend drill (because of any excuse (like going to a wedding) all you need is VERBAL permission fromt the chain of command.

bush joined the no-go's...why because back then (before clinton/cohen stupidly gave the NG all the combat arms units) no-gos didnt go to war, they were for NATIONAL DEFENSE

how do you know he didnt get an IMA/DIMA whwre he was able to do all 48 drills ((each drill weekend is 4 pay periods/retirement points)12 months (sat has 2 4hr periods and sun has 2 4 hour period) in a two month span over a summer (that is allowed and many reservists who work in the public safety realm(like cops/ border patrol) will do IMA/DIMA instead of a regualr TPU'r

bush did serve and was honorably discharged

the biggest question of the bush/kerry stuff was how did kerry amass 3 purple hearts(and cheap ones at that) in less than 90 days
from a guy who was protesting the war before he went
Funny how not one CO can recall giving him permission, written, oral or otherwise to just walk away. As I said, they were not about to bring him up on charges or even change his discharge type, they would have to becrazy to do so, when one realizes what could happen to them.
Don't care about Kerry, which is not the topic of this thread, not a fan of his either. In fact I voted for Bush over Kerry
The entire point is Bush's military record, or lack of, like it or not the man walked away from his obligation, strange that a vet would defend that.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Funny how not one CO can recall giving him permission, written, oral or otherwise to just walk away.:
and not one CO and recall NOT giving him permission either

he didnt just walk away..he did his time. and was properly discharged

you miss a weekend drill you get a U..meaning unsatasfactory attendence/performance...on a normal weekend is 4 u's.(sometimes units will have a 3 day drill which equals 6 point or us')...the CURRENT rules (I dont know the rules of the 60's) are you accumulate more than 9 U's the seperation PROCESS is started (it can take MONTHS before it will be completed)

no where is it documented at all, that bush got a U

the bush awol story is just that a story the left made up because of the attacks on kerry

Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
. As I said, they were not about to bring him up on charges or even change his discharge type, they would have to becrazy to do so, when one realizes what could happen to them.
:
oh please, we reciently did an OTH (other than honorable) on a senators son..why because he pissed hot

Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Tell that to the families of those killed in Iraq.
I'm sure they already know.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and not one CO and recall NOT giving him permission either

he didnt just walk away..he did his time. and was properly discharged

you miss a weekend drill you get a U..meaning unsatasfactory attendence/performance...on a normal weekend is 4 u's.(sometimes units will have a 3 day drill which equals 6 point or us')...the CURRENT rules (I dont know the rules of the 60's) are you accumulate more than 9 U's the seperation PROCESS is started (it can take MONTHS before it will be completed)

no where is it documented at all, that bush got a U

the bush awol story is just that a story the left made up because of the attacks on kerry
You ASSUME a lot. I never said he was AWOL, I said he was a Deserter, a farworse offense. So you can believe what You want and I will believe what I want.
Wrong, the stroies about Bush came out when long before the Kerry isssues came up, I know, I was one of those that made the statements I made here back then also. It is all past history, believe what you want. I know he was a deserter. FYI even Bush said he never went back and finished his service, he said he had permission and could not produce it.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:18 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since you really want to go there, lets look at the facts:

1. Bush PRETENDED to be in the military and therefore because of lack of training (due to his absence) screwed up.

2. The current president is not beating the drums of war, unlike the republican counterparts, thus making your arguement void

3. Clinton dodged the draft and proably had some small hand in the Gulf war or at least made the situation worst

4. Cheney, another coward had multiple defferments but was intstrumental in causing one.

To answer your question, proably not but I think that he would have the wisdom to listen to his chief of staff before he would make any major military moves, once again unlike bush who surrounded himself with "yesmen" who should have known better.
You are mistaken. This has been done to death. The facts don't support these accusations now any more than they did when Dan Rather made them.
A DD-214 only covers periods of active duty so...

Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You are mistaken. This has been done to death. The facts don't support these accusations now any more than they did when Dan Rather made them.
A DD-214 only covers periods of active duty so...
Correct and Dubyas active ended record ended long before it was supposed to, meaning that .........................he was NOT THERE.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:37 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Everyone is making such a issue regarding President Obama's birth certificate/college transcripts, where was the furor over Bush's military records?
I'm confused...

Everyone is NOT making an issue out of Obama's BC and CT.. but there is enough for sure..

Were you sleeping through the whole Dan Rather CBS Bush military records episode??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies