Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 02:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Jan Brewer: Obama Is Very Thin Skinned - YouTube

Of all the things he could be upset about it......it's about obama, 24/7, 365.
Brewer would like to get The One down to observe the "secured" border of Arizona and Mexico and he just won't go there because he knows it is not secure and doesn't want it to be. She said a mouthful when she said that she wants the border secured and he just wants amnesty. Think of all the votes he could secure with amnesty. That is the way he understands secure concerning Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I think she was trying to bait him. He was smart enough not to fall for the bait. To an unbiased person, she ended looking like a fool, he really didn't. In the court of public opinion, this backfired on her. Perhaps this is why she is going on the tv circuit, damage control??
Have you seen her on the TV circuit? She says she handed him a hand written message about how Arizona's economy has improved and he turned it over and attacked her for accusing him of lecturing her in the WH. Remember when he lectured Netanyahu? He seems to be quite good at that. Him walking away from her when she came out there to welcome a man who says the border is secure but won't even go down there to observe seems to have been a mistake. I believe she actually wanted to be civil with him, but you can believe it any way you want if you will let me do as I want.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have heard Gov. Brewer's side of this story two times today and she says that she tried to hand him a handwritten note about all the improvements in the economy of Arizona and he refused to look at it but attacked her about being a liar reporting about how he treated her in their White House meeting. Now somebody is lying about that day and somehow after listening to her this morning and knowing what did happen when he, as she said "lectured" her in the WH I am going with her. In Phoenix he walked away from her while they were having their "tense" discussion.

I wonder what his side of the story she told about him never getting closer to that border that he calls under control than Phoenix would be. I wish it would be reported but if Fox doesn't do it we won't hear about it till The Blaze gets ahold of the story.

What station did you hear this total LIE? Your version is completely different than the one she told Fox this morning and definitely different from the one told by the reporters who were right there.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"To an unbiased person". I guess that leaves you out!
You sure enough spoke a whole passel of truth there.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Brewer would like to get The One down to observe the "secured" border of Arizona and Mexico and he just won't go there because he knows it is not secure and doesn't want it to be. She said a mouthful when she said that she wants the border secured and he just wants amnesty. Think of all the votes he could secure with amnesty. That is the way he understands secure concerning Mexico.

Now you have a different version of the story?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Have you seen her on the TV circuit? She says she handed him a hand written message about how Arizona's economy has improved and he turned it over and attacked her for accusing him of lecturing her in the WH. Remember when he lectured Netanyahu? He seems to be quite good at that. Him walking away from her when she came out there to welcome a man who says the border is secure but won't even go down there to observe seems to have been a mistake. I believe she actually wanted to be civil with him, but you can believe it any way you want if you will let me do as I want.

Really Roy? What T.V circuit? Is Brewer now changing her version of what occured or are you changing what Brewer claimed occured? Which one?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Have you seen her on the TV circuit? She says she handed him a hand written message about how Arizona's economy has improved and he turned it over and attacked her for accusing him of lecturing her in the WH.

Just because that's the way you say it happened doesn't make it true.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What station did you hear this total LIE? Your version is completely different than the one she told Fox this morning and definitely different from the one told by the reporters who were right there.
First off, let me ask you if the reporters heard the whole conversation or any part of it.

Of course, it was Fox that I heard her on several times and then we got the good youtube video and I wonder what words you hear when you listen to Fox. When I heard Martha MacCallum talking about the whole thing I sure didn't hear anything but what I said. Later I heard it all on Megyn Kelly's show and she darned sure didn't tell the story the way you think they did. Maybe you better check the batteries on your hearing aid.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I think she was trying to bait him. He was smart enough not to fall for the bait. To an unbiased person, she ended looking like a fool, he really didn't. In the court of public opinion, this backfired on her. Perhaps this is why she is going on the tv circuit, damage control??
Court of public opinion? I see you think that court is made up of unbiased libs like you. Do those on the other side get their votes counted?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
First off, let me ask you if the reporters heard the whole conversation or any part of it.
The CNN Reporters that were there who reported on the story.

Of course, it was Fox that I heard her on several times and then we got the good youtube video and I wonder what words you hear when you listen to Fox. When I heard Martha MacCallum talking about the whole thing I sure didn't hear anything but what I said. Later I heard it all on Megyn Kelly's show and she darned sure didn't tell the story the way you think they did. Maybe you better check the batteries on your hearing aid.
Your hearing is selective. According to BREWER she wanted to hand him a "invitation" to meet her for lunch so they can discuss the good things that Arizona has done and to talk about the economy and the boarder. Where in the world did you get hand written note?
She handed him a letter welcoming him to Arizona and inviting him to meet with her to discuss Arizona's comeback.
Take the wax out of your ears and stop embellishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies