Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:13 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Perhaps had she not lied about their meeting @ the White House, the President would not have questioned her about her lies. Looks as though she took offense to being exposed as a liar.
That's how you read that article? I often wonder how liberals view the world and yet, I will never understand because it seems you try to bend reality to fit your view of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Did you read the article? He's dressing her down for being upset at how she made him appear in her book and she's supposed to just stand there and take it like a good little girl??

I am more increasingly convinced that Obama is a narcissist.
And thank you for saying it not me. But exactly! took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Jan Brewer's a quack..I'm tired of these nutty republicans trying to intentionally disrespect the President because they don't like him personally (or one specific identifying trait about him)..I'm glad he dressed her nutty @ss down..When Chris Christie does it to some out of work school teacher, conservatives applaud. Hypocrits.
President Obama needs to put these disrespectful hicks in their place. I am so glad that he walked away from her redneck, backwards ranting. Hopefully he will be doing a lot more of this during hos 2nd term because I can think of quite a few people who need to have their -sses handed to them.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Jan Brewer's a quack..I'm tired of these nutty republicans trying to intentionally disrespect the President because they don't like him personally (or one specific identifying trait about him)..I'm glad he dressed her nutty @ss down..When Chris Christie does it to some out of work school teacher, conservatives applaud. Hypocrits.
And he has disrespected the whole dang State of Arizona. Some people just cannot accept being challenged, and that is it.

At least she has the gull to have gone up against him, so many act as if they are afraid too.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Please. She should consider herself lucky that he didn't ***** slap her.
I could see why you would never be President, that is what you would do! spare me please.
Some people just have to have it where everyone is singing them praises, or else!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 PM

957 posts, read 757,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's how you read that article? I often wonder how liberals view the world and yet, I will never understand because it seems you try to bend reality to fit your view of the world.
Yes, I did read the article, did you?
From the article>
"A White House official said Brewer handed Obama a letter and said she was inviting him to meet with her. The official said Obama told her he would be glad to meet with her again. The official said Obama told her that in her book, she inaccurately described their last meeting, which the official described as a cordial discussion in the Oval Office. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation between the president and the governor".

Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Yes, I did read the article, did you?
From the article>
"A White House official said Brewer handed Obama a letter and said she was inviting him to meet with her. The official said Obama told her he would be glad to meet with her again. The official said Obama told her that in her book, she inaccurately described their last meeting, which the official described as a cordial discussion in the Oval Office. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation between the president and the governor".
And that justified Obama dressing her down after she invited him to lunch and a tour of the border? Would you prefer that she just "know her place"? Do you think it was prudent of him to do that at that time or would it have been better to wait until a more appropriate time?

You see, if anyone doesn't agree with Obama, the left goes nuts and if that person is a conservative woman, the left is even more vicious. Just look at this thread. One advocating ***** slapping her?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Here is another version of it, and also there's a mention elsewhere that BO gave Bobby Jindal of La. the same type of treatment.

Brewer On Heated Argument With Obama: "He Was A Little Tense" | RealClearPolitics

Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
From the article:
Quote:
Obama was objecting to Brewer's description of a meeting he and Brewer had at the White House, where she described Obama as lecturing her.
So he thought he would prove he didn't lecture her then by lecturing her today and then storming off while she was still talking??? lol What a baby!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Gov Brewer coming up on Greta on Fox News to talk about the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies