Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Not without developing some social skills, he won't
There were some US military officers in Iraq who stated that the Abu Ghraib scandal would not have happened if there had been a reliable local brothel which the troops could have used.

Dr. Kirby Cundiff of Northeastern State University has stated that legalizing prostitution would decrease rape in the US.

Kirby R. Cundiff, PhD - Prostitution - ProCon.org

Quote:
Millions of men who DO have to pay for sex use prostitutes.
And they should have the right to do so.

Would you rather have those prostitutes subject to violence and abuse? Would you rather have them on welfare? Or would you rather have them be taxpaying citizens who would earn money which would go back into the economy and work under safe conditions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Hey, not all of us guys are hot looking studs when we grow up!
I didn't even mention looks. But a lot of guys can do something about that also. It's not all that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
There were some US military officers in Iraq who stated that the Abu Ghraib scandal would not have happened if there had been a reliable local brothel which the troops could have used.

Dr. Kirby Cundiff of Northeastern State University has stated that legalizing prostitution would decrease rape in the US.
So it's basically a broader scale form of rape. Give it to us willingly or we'll just have to take it, yes? That's pitiful. No wonder people say prostitution exploits women. Men are essentially seen as animals that cannot control their sexual urges unless some women are there to let them hump them.

Personal responsibility. Guys, be true masters of your domain, mentally and physically. Start taking better care of yourselves (yes, this includes sexually, but I mean hygiene, physical appearance, social development, etc.) Stop being 16 at 16 and become a man already. Going to a prostitute just screams "Loser". Sorry if that offends anyone here, but it's true.

I don't care if they legalize prostitution. I don't typically see the point in forcing people to do this and that; but it doesn't mean we should deny it's pathetic. A man who goes to a prostitute is pathetic, and a woman who rewards such a pig should be ashamed of herself. Not for being a sex object as much as being one to random losers who happen to have a 20.

Or something.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
a woman who rewards such a pig should be ashamed of herself. Not for being a sex object as much as being one to random losers who happen to have a 20.

Or something.
Other than cost, how is that different from marriage?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,008,863 times
Quote:
. A man who goes to a prostitute is pathetic, and a woman who rewards such a pig should be ashamed of herself. Not for being a sex object as much as being one to random losers who happen to have a 20.

Or something.
Have you considered some men choose prostitutes as they want sex with no entanglements? One of the more common arguments made by those individuals is as far as they're concerned they're not paying for sex. They're paying to be left alone when it's over.

As far as I'm concerned it's none of my business what two consenting adults choose to do. Attempting to place yourself on a pedestal that permits you to judge the actions of others of which you have no personal knowledge strikes me as supremely arrogant.

Different strokes for different folks. If those that wish to pay for sex can work out an arrangement with those willing to sell it it's their business, not mine. Legalization and regulation of the industry prevents diseases from spreading and generates revenue provided by willing individuals to local governments in need of funds. It also removes predatory pimps from the equation which ultimately leaves more money in the sex worker's pockets.

People willingly prostitute themselves in many areas that have nothing whatsoever to do with sex. I'm not about to judge people that make those choices. I have no business attempting to force my moral beliefs on other adults.

Last edited by outbacknv; 02-20-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
...a woman who rewards such a pig should be ashamed of herself. Not for being a sex object as much as being one to random losers who happen to have a 20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Other than cost, how is that different from marriage?
Eh? If a woman marries a pig (assuming she is rewarding him with something, be it sex or something else), she should be ashamed of herself for that too. But if she marries a man, good for her. Now she's rewarding an entirely different mentality and pattern of behavior.

If that doesn't answer your question, please re-word it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Have you considered some men choose prostitutes as they want sex with no entanglements? One of the more common arguments made by those individuals is as far as they're concerned they're not paying for sex. They're paying to be left alone when it's over.
As I've said, a man who can't find a "friend with benefits" or "open relationship" falls into the category of someone who has to pay for sex. It's all weakness and social incompetence. And again, LAZINESS. Both on his part and the prostitute. Both are being rewarded for their shortcomings. That's what makes it so pitiful.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned it's none of my business what two consenting adults choose to do. Attempting to place yourself on a pedestal that permits you to judge the actions of others of which you have no personal knowledge strikes me as supremely arrogant.
Fine, then stop judging my actions, if that's what you believe.

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 02-20-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:

As I've said, a man who can't find a "friend with benefits" or "open relationship" falls into the category of someone who has to pay for sex. It's all weakness and social incompetence. And again, LAZINESS. Both on his part and the prostitute. Both are being rewarded for their shortcomings. That's what makes it so pitiful.

Fine, then stop judging my actions, if that's what you believe.
Perhaps the man is not interested in finding a friend with benefits. No small number of friend with benefit encounters become complicated by issues like pregnancy and misplaced jealousy.

How was I judging your actions? I have no idea nor do I care what your actions are. I responded to your comment and was polite in doing so. Grow up, get a thicker skin, and stop assuming a right to judge others by your moral yardstick.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Perhaps the man is not interested in finding a friend with benefits. No small number of friend with benefit encounters become complicated by issues like pregnancy and misplaced jealousy.
A. These things can still happen with a prostitute. They are human beings. If this was really their reasoning, the only way to be safe is to do it alone, which brings us to sexual independence...

B. We don't even have to go this deep into the conversation. If a man cannot satisfy himself, and actually ends up paying a woman to do it for him, that's an altogether separate form of weakness and incompetence I shouldn't even have to point out.

Quote:
How was I judging your actions? I have no idea nor do I care what your actions are. I responded to your comment and was polite in doing so. Grow up, get a thicker skin, and stop assuming a right to judge others by your moral yardstick.
There, you just did it again!

You need to sharpen your mind before you attack me in such a way

For instance, since when is "These guys are losers" relevant to morality?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
A. These things can still happen with a prostitute. They are human beings. If this was really their reasoning, the only way to be safe is to do it alone, which brings us to sexual independence...

B. We don't even have to go this deep into the conversation. If a man cannot satisfy himself, and actually ends up paying a woman to do it for him, that's an altogether separate form of weakness and incompetence I shouldn't even have to point out.

There, you just did it again!

You need to sharpen your mind before you attack me in such a way

For instance, since when is "These guys are losers" relevant to morality?
Whatever works for you. I've wasted all the time I'm willing to waste disputing your self assigned sense of moral superiority.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,855,981 times
You get more bang for the buck South of the Border where prostitution is legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Should prostitution be legalized? Why or why not?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Whatever works for you. I've wasted all the time I'm willing to waste disputing your self assigned sense of moral superiority.
There's that word again, "moral". Who's talking about right/wrong here? Not I. I just said it's a bad idea for losers to be rewarded. But you introduced the idea that someone judging another's actions is arrogant, while judging mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies