Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
This is a very good question. You know if they did people would be cheering them on and if the skinheads filed suit it would be laughed out of court.

Here's another example: I carry a firearm. There are many businesses that discriminate against firearms owners by not allowing firearms in their business. Of course you'll never see a legislature or court even consider trying to challenge this discrimination.
Starbucks on February 14th. The Anti-gun nuts are staging a boycott and picket because of their constitutional correct policy of allowing fire arms in their establishment if legal in the local jurisdiction . Gun groups around the country are planning a sit in to support them.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 01-26-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
This is another case of "where I have the freedom to use my religion as a vehicle for bigotry."

Certainly, a good amount of religious people don't do this, but we see it all too often in our society.
Do you mean kind of like where Muslim taxi drivers have been allowed to not give service to people with dogs? Or Muslim checkers/cashiers refusing to provide service to people purchasing pork or alcohol products?

Just sayin, this "bigotry" as you label it has been approved/allowed in our current society when "politically correct".

Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yeah, you just need to mark them so you know which people are gay so you can refuse them.

Maybe something like a Pink triangle, it's been used before. They had a handy system for marking "undesirables" at one time.

Nazi concentration camp badges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It usually takes longer than 14 posts for a crackpot Nazi analogy to appear.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And how exactly can you enforce something like that even if it were to become law?

Please read the article in the OP and then feel free to comment again when you actually know what you're talking about.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And how exactly can you enforce something like that even if it were to become law?
It wouldn't surprise me if this proposal came up because of an incident in Vermont, where an inn refused to host a wedding reception for a lesbian couple. The inn 1st said they would, but learned when speaking with one of the women's mothers that the couple were lesbians.The innkeepers are Catholic with moral objections to ssm. The couple filed a complaint with Vermont's Human Rights Commission.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It usually takes longer than 14 posts for a crackpot Nazi analogy to appear.
Many anti-gays sound just like Nazis. We even had one here say gays should be thrown in incinerators.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
This isn't really about serving gay people, it's about not participating in gay marriages. It's a gray area right now.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Here's another example: I carry a firearm. There are many businesses that discriminate aginst firearms owners by not allowing firearms in their business. Of course you'll never see a legislature or court even consider trying to challenge this discrimination.
LOL, they don't discriminate against firearm owners, you just can't carry your firearm into their business.

That is like saying that since a business won't allow me to bring in my 3 large dogs while I shop that they are discriminating against pet owners.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:

Here's another example: I carry a firearm. There are many businesses that discriminate aginst firearms owners by not allowing firearms in their business. Of course you'll never see a legislature or court even consider trying to challenge this discrimination.
I hear you!

Why can't I carry my firearm into a jewelry store if I want to? I have a constitutional right, you know!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:28 PM

380 posts, read 376,742 times
On the same page: Mother Stunned To Find Man In Boy's Room - Video - WMUR New Hampshire (http://www.wmur.com/video/24358433/detail.html - broken link)

How about dealing with pedophilia first.

(Sorry was on the page I linked to a first)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies