Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because the man has money and clout, that's why.
His influence in politics can have far reaching consequences.
So you are listening to him then ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So you are listening to him then ?
LOL..like I'm important ?

I guess my post went over your head.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:08 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..like I'm important ?

I guess my post went over your head.
You said people listen to him because the man has money and clout. I simply asked you if that is a good enough reason for you to listen to someone. Personally I don't care how much money someone has because I know money doesn't make them right on any given issue.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You said people listen to him because the man has money and clout. I simply asked you if that is a good enough reason for you to listen to someone. Personally I don't care how much money someone has because I know money doesn't make them right on any given issue.
You should pay attention to what he says because he has power and influence.

He's out of wall street and into media and social movements.
This "opinion" of his would definitely fuel his new interests.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I have noticed that those that lean left are the ones most likely to mock what they refer to as doom and gloomers. My definition of that would be a person who thinks we are already in hard times economically and it is very possible we are heading to another depression. And some of those people have taken measures for that event such as buying gold,guns and ammo,and stock piling food and other supplies.

Well guess what maybe we are not the ones wearing the tin foil hats because Soros a icon of the left sounds like he has joined our ranks :

That is some pretty good doom and glooming from Soros , Hmmm wonder why he is not excited about the stock market being up? or consumer confidence? or GM back to number1? Where is all the happy talk? He also talked about some civil unrest :

That is amazing I thought that kind of talk was from right wing extremist wackos that had tin foil hats. So why do those that lean left not agree with Soros and the right wing wackos? Soros gives the perfect answer here:

There you have it people do not even see it coming, now who is wearing the tin foil hats?
George Soros predicts riots, police state and class war for America — RT
That is not being a "gloom and doomer" it is called being a realist

Old 01-26-2012, 02:14 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
That is not being a "gloom and doomer" it is called being a realist
Thank you, I consider myself a realist and hearing a insider like Soros seeing some of the same signs makes me think I am on the right path. There are just to many similarities between the depression years and now to be ignored.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Thank you, I consider myself a realist and hearing a insider like Soros seeing some of the same signs makes me think I am on the right path. There are just to many similarities between the depression years and now to be ignored.
And if some of these Americans who fight over Black Friday sales had to deal with austerity measures..YIKES is all I can say.

Be far, far away from the cities if that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies