Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:45 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You sure did twist my words. As an American it is MY RIGHT to accept, agree or disagree with anything I so desire. What I find most amusing about homosexuals that post on C-D is that you want the world to embrace your sexual perversions while at the same time you ridicule, and call those who don't agree with you vile names. You seem to think that you have the right to deny anyone who does not embrace your sexuality their right to their opinion as well as freedom of speech. Talk about bigots . . . .

Conflicted much?

Not conflicted at all.

But I think you're confused about what a bigot is.

Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Quote:
a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
Again it isn't your place to agree or disagree and using terms like "sexual perversions" or "disgusting" show your lack of tolerance toward a group of people that are different from you. If I am a bigot toward bigots, then so be it. I have no tolerance for bigots.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:48 PM

576 posts, read 585,935 times
Good for her

Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Default This guy summed it up pretty good.

JoeB-460595Restored
Good Luck Mr. Frank. It would have been better for everyone in America if you would have done this a lot sooner. Now, while it's true that you have the Lions Share of responsibility for the housing disaster, you had some help along the way. As a pay back for screwing the Legal U.S. Tax Payers, could you please take O'Bama with you. You don't have to take Biden, no one wants Biden, he'll be resting in a Home for mindless Politicians at the end of O'Bama's reign in the raping of America. You have a nice retirement with your "GUARANTEED BENEFITS" WHICH INCLUDE TOP OF THE LINE FULLY PAID HEALTH INSURANCE, IN ADDITION TO A VERY,VERY GENEROUS MONTHLY INCOME - ALL THROUGH THE GENEROSITY OF THE OVERTAXED FINANCIALLY RUINED U.S. CITIZENS.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:51 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Good for her
LOL!

Will she wear white?

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not conflicted at all.

But I think you're confused about what a bigot is.

Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Again it isn't your place to agree or disagree and using terms like "sexual perversions" or "disgusting" show your lack of tolerance toward a group of people that are different from you. If I am a bigot toward bigots, then so be it. I have no tolerance for bigots.
Regardless of what you may think, it is my place, it is my privilege, my business and my right to agree or disagree with whatever I choose. You don't have to like it and frankly, I don't give a damn if you do or not.

Your opinion doesn't matter or change how I think, or feel about anything or anyone. I have no tolerance for bigots either; especially confused, conflicted, bigoted homosexuals, angry with the world and anyone who thinks independently.

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
You sure did twist my words. As an American it is MY RIGHT to accept, agree or disagree with anything I so desire. What I find most amusing about homosexuals that post on C-D is that you want the world to embrace your sexual perversions while at the same time you ridicule, and call those who don't agree with you vile names. You seem to think that you have the right to deny anyone who does not embrace your sexuality their right to their opinion as well as freedom of speech. Talk about bigots . . . .

Conflicted much?
I'm a heterosexual, and agree with their assessments of people like you - and while I try to refrain from name-calling, I admit to silently cheering when they call you out for this crap! See, there's a big difference between ridiculing or hating on somebody for something they can't change, and simply calling someone out for their attitude/behavior. And no, it is not "bigotry" to dislike people who are intolerant and downright hateful towards people for no reason at all... as the other poster said, you clearly don't understand the meaning of that word.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm a heterosexual, and agree with their assessments of people like you - and while I try to refrain from name-calling, I admit to silently cheering when they call you out for this crap! See, there's a big difference between ridiculing or hating on somebody for something they can't change, and simply calling someone out for their attitude/behavior. And no, it is not "bigotry" to dislike people who are intolerant and downright hateful towards somebody for no reason at all... as the other poster said, you clearly don't understand the meaning of that word.
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Doesn't change a thing that I think or said in my prior posts.

Just ike you I am entitled to my opinion.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Regardless of what you may think, it is my place, it is my privilege, my business and my right to agree or disagree with whatever I choose. You don't have to like it and frankly, I don't give a damn if you do or not.

Your opinion doesn't matter or change how I think, or feel about anything or anyone. I have no tolerance for bigots either; especially confused, conflicted, bigoted homosexuals, angry with the world and anyone who thinks independently.

Personally I am heterosexual. Why obsess and get angry about what two consenting adults do when it is not hurting anyone? I think some of the people who get thier panties in a wad over this are actually closet homosexuals who are upset because they are sexually repressed and can't act on their desires to be with the same sex openly. Some of the ministers who claimed they could pray the gay out of people certainly were.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If I am a bigot toward bigots, then so be it. I have no tolerance for bigots.
Don't you love when they use that argument? Usually a last-ditch effort, when they have no more (debating) legs to stand upon... "You're a bigot for being intolerant of my bigotry!" Huh?? I don't know about the rest of you, but I was raised with the knowledge that it's okay to be intolerant of intolerance, as that behavior should never be accepted - kinda like being intolerant of bullying, since that's really what they're doing to gays. Should people sit back and blindly take that kind of abuse & disrespect? I don't think so.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Many of the most anti-homosexual conservatives feel that way because deep down they have homosexual urge or curiosity themselves.

Regular heterosexual persons like myself really don't give a crap about LGBT.

Ask any gay person in San Francisco and he/she will tell you:
If you're openly gay, you're a Democrat. If you're closet gay, you're a Republican.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies