Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times

Advertisements

I know someone who has it, it is a terrible illness to have.

Everyone i thought knew this, but boy i am wrong again.

Everyone knows the manner in which HIV is transmitted. Thru a person who has been infected by the transfer of bodily fluids.

BLOOD
SEMEN
FLUID FROM THE CERVIX, LOOK IT UP THAT IS FACT
AND A MOTHER'S BREAST MILK.

How can one get HIV.

Unprotected Sexual Intercourse

By an injection or a trnnsfusion

An infected Mother, Thru breast feeding

Sharing needles and dirty syringes that have been contaminated with HIV.

Thought everyone knew this lesson.

Republician or not, the guy is a first class idiot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,855,373 times
AIDS had to originate somehow. If not by monkey sex, how?

AIDS is spread by anal sex with fluids and blood mixing.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,764,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post

It's spread by more ways than anal sex.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
Blood transmission, when a monkey bit somebody and both of them bled from the encounter? Just a guess, but it seems more logical than "monkey sex."

Quote:
Umm, I hope you're not implying that's the only risk factor... HIV can be also transmitted through vaginal sex, and even oral sex if you have any open wounds (like a cold sore) near/in your mouth. Again, approximately 75% of those infected by HIV worldwide are heterosexual - and I doubt all of them got it from anal sex. Doesn't nearly everyone know this stuff by now?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:52 PM

True. But blood transfer is a must.

I always heard some dude had sex with a monkey in the 1950s. Eventually, a gay flight attendant (who had a common partner with monkey boy) had gay sex around the world with hundreds of dudes causing the epidemic we have today.

People died of AIDS before the eighties, but nobody knew how or why those people were sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's spread by more ways than anal sex.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know someone who has it, it is a terrible illness to have.
One of my dearest friends is HIV positive, and he wasn't even "sleeping around" when it was contracted... he was in what he thought was a monogamous relationship (with a man), but his partner had an affair with somebody who was positive.

It's really sad to think about, but luckily he's doing great on the meds - all of his counts were healthy at his last checkup, and he takes pretty good care of himself otherwise. Thankfully it's no longer a death sentence, at least not in countries with decent healthcare, so I'm hoping he will live a nice, long life.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,094 times
The Tenn. legislator is right about one thing and it is that heteros did NOT get AIDS until the gay community way back in the early eighties I think it was, called for militancy, telling their community to get busy and bed heteros so they, too would suffer from AIDS.

I saw the flyers and literature thanks to some churches in California making copies of them in magazines or something like that. Dang, been a long time but I did get to see copies of the actual literature and ads somewhere.

A lot of younger people are unaware that AIDS was not the first moniker for the disease. It was originally "GRIDS."

"Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome."

The gays yelled loudly enough and it was changed.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
True. But blood transfer is a must.
Blood to blood isn't necessary. Semen, vaginal fluid, and breast milk all contain the virus.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
One of my dearest friends is HIV positive, and he wasn't even "sleeping around" when it was contracted... he was in what he thought was a monogamous relationship (with a man), but his partner had an affair with somebody who was positive.

It's really sad to think about, but luckily he's doing great on the meds - all of his counts were healthy at his last checkup, and he takes pretty good care of himself otherwise. Thankfully it's no longer a death sentence, at least not in countries with decent healthcare, so I'm hoping he will live a nice, long life.
I hope they find a cure soon though. I have a huge fear of incurable diseases, and HIV is probably top of my list, which is partly why I'm not pursuing relationships unless it's serious. But even as you demonstrated, a monogamous, long term relationship won't keep you safe.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Fluid to fluid won't cause AIDS. Fluid to blood can cause AIDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Blood to blood isn't necessary. Semen, vaginal fluid, and breast milk all contain the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies