Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,632,640 times

Advertisements

" A popular suburban Kansas City elementary school teacher who also helped coach children's soccer teams has been charged with molesting four boys in his second-grade classroom, and police say they are looking for other possible victims."

Read more: Missouri Teacher Accused Of Molesting Young Boys | Fox News

Maybe they need to start designing schools with glass walls or one-way mirrors or install security cameras in the classrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 03:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,185,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
" A popular suburban Kansas City elementary school teacher who also helped coach children's soccer teams has been charged with molesting four boys in his second-grade classroom, and police say they are looking for other possible victims."

Read more: Missouri Teacher Accused Of Molesting Young Boys | Fox News

Maybe they need to start designing schools with glass walls or one-way mirrors or install security cameras in the classrooms.
Doc, do you suppose that Nelson is related to Senator Claire McCasikill? I say this because I know many things she has done that I just don't like.

I wonder if this kind of thing will ever ease up since they have the high profile ones at the colleges. It will get very bad if not.

I taught with a man who turned out to be one of those molesters back in the late 70s and they just fired him and he went to another school where people liked him every bit as much as they did here. However, he was accused of the same thing there and run out of town again. I liked the man enough that I am sure glad it wasn't today when it happened to him.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:54 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,632,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Doc, do you suppose that Nelson is related to Senator Claire McCasikill? I say this because I know many things she has done that I just don't like.

I wonder if this kind of thing will ever ease up since they have the high profile ones at the colleges. It will get very bad if not.

I taught with a man who turned out to be one of those molesters back in the late 70s and they just fired him and he went to another school where people liked him every bit as much as they did here. However, he was accused of the same thing there and run out of town again. I liked the man enough that I am sure glad it wasn't today when it happened to him.
Not sure what you're saying here, Roy. You wouldn't want a child molester to "get off" just because he was likable, would you?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,295,496 times
I'm sick of this stuff. Seriously, there needs to be harsher punishment for child abuse. Of course, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but the thought of it makes me pissed.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,833,055 times
Sad but not as uncommon as we would like. Yet to be discovered pedophiles place themselves into careers and volunteer work that puts them in close contact with children. Teach your children well. You have to be present, not absent when they are in the care of other adults.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,340,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Sad but not as uncommon as we would like. Yet to be discovered pedophiles place themselves into careers and volunteer work that puts them in close contact with children. Teach your children well. You have to be present, not absent when they are in the care of other adults.
The vast majority of children are sexually abused by a member of their own family.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,747,210 times
I'll wait for the evidence. An accusation on fox doesn't hold much weight.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,340,490 times
From Huffington Post- including video.

Matthew J. Nelson, Missouri Elementary School Teacher, Accused Of Molesting Young Boys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies