Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM

779 posts, read 537,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sure.

It's not the Constitution.

It's the Hamilton Plan which was completely rejected by the Constitutional Convention because it was too much like the British Monarchy they had left behind. It was never even considered.

The Constitution was instead based on the Virginia Plan drafted by James Madison.
Somehow our resident Constitutional scholar missed that it was Hamilton's plan?

Color me (un)surprised.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Somehow our resident Constitutional scholar missed that it was Hamilton's plan?
Well that would just be too inconvenient otherwise.

The simple fact was that the detailed Hamilton Plan was never actually even presented to the Convention. He did provide an oral outline on June 18, 1787 but it included no mention of any citizenship requirement for the presidency at all, and the Convention hated it for reasons already mentioned.

What IC quoted from is a more detailed written version that Hamilton later wrote out but never even submitted to the convention at all.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
. We also include that if you're born to a US Citizen outside the US who lived in the US for at least 1 year of their life, then that child is a Natural Born Citizen.
Actually, it depends on what the law was at the time of birth.
Quote:
But don't let facts interrupt your delusions.
You've just demonstrated you're unaware of the actual facts.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
But you are still running away from the actual question asked.
I'm not. YOU are. Provide proof of just one instance in which a person's natural born citizen status was not restored by the Federal Government under the circumstances I cited.

You've STILL been unable to do so.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-31-2012 at 09:26 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Sure.

It's not the Constitution.

It's the Hamilton Plan which was completely rejected by the Constitutional Convention because it was too much like the British Monarchy they had left behind. It was never even considered.

The Constitution was instead based on the Virginia Plan drafted by James Madison.
HistorianDude is actually correct, for once. The version of the Constitution which required one to be "born a citizen of the United States" to be eligible for POTUS was rejected.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
You're a broken record, and you rely on links wayyyy too much.

What an obvious tactic - post loads of links that do nothing to prove your claims
The link proves exactly what I've claimed. The Federal Government does in fact consider 'native born citizen' and 'natural born citizen' two different things.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The link proves exactly what I've claimed. The Federal Government does in fact consider 'native born citizen' and 'natural born citizen' two different things.
So, you admit you were lying when you claimed they also had a long record of acting on it?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
HistorianDude is actually correct, for once. The version of the Constitution which required one to be "born a citizen of the United States" to be eligible for POTUS was rejected.
Rejected?

It was never even presented.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 PM

779 posts, read 537,424 times
Quote:
Sorry, but no. Historian Dude has covered this.

I'll take "Beating my head on a brick wall" for $200, Alex.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
I'm not. YOU are. Provide proof of just one instance in which a person's natural born citizen status was not restored by the Federal Government under the circumstances I cited.

You've STILL been unable to do so.
If HistorianDude is going to be obstinate and not answer your question, why don't you prove him doubly wrong on this and answer his? Provide a single example of the federal government treating people differently on the basis of being a native-born citizen versus being a natural born citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies