Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 05:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually... yeah. I stopped watching it years ago.

Swamp People/ Seriously?

I knew you would say that - you are so predictable.

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.Propaganda must confine itself to very few points, and repeat them endlessly. Here, as with so many things in this world, persistence is the first and foremost condition of success.
Adolf Hitler, in Mein Kampf (1925) ; translated to English by James Murphy

and we all know how persistent Frank (dude) can be.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Well then the History Channel must be clueless too eh?

Chemtrails and HAARP Revealed! - YouTube

The goal is to own the weather by 2025, of course they are experimenting with it now.
The History Channel puts out almost as much BS as Ancient Aliens... It is an ENTERTAINMENT channel, not a science channel.

Their shows are designed to fascinate and reel in the conspiracy nuts...

Last edited by plwhit; 01-30-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 05:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
I wonder what the cosmic significance is that the two posters here that firmly believe in government conspiracies one comes from southern California and the other from northern California?

Last edited by plwhit; 01-30-2012 at 05:42 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 05:26 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
I have found a LOT of problems with History Channel programming. There have been countless instances where we've been watching something and they state some little factoid or other that just doesn't seem right, and upon further investigation, it's not.

As home schooling parents, we're careful to make sure that kids aren't being misled about what is and isn't factual information, and the History Channel is now considered to be "for entertainment purposes only" in our house. It's really gotten that bad.

Besides the faulty information they broadcast, there's also the question of exactly how "Ice Road Truckers" qualifies as history... Don't get me wrong - I love the show (we're in the trucking industry, so it's interesting to us), but there's nothing historical about it, nor is it particularly educational in any way. And that's just one example - they have many, many more 'reality' shows that are equally useless (for historical/educational purposes).

So yeah, I wouldn't doubt for a second that the History Channel would just blow smoke up their viewers' collective arses if it meant another ratings point or two. If nothing else, whatever you "learn" from THC should be fully verified before citing it as evidence supporting an argument.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Good to see you are taking a short break from your usual rants against the mainstream media to use it as your reputable source when it is convenient.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
As someone who is a mechanic on a number of various narrow and wide body aircraft at a major U.S. airline, I would love to hear an explanation for the following:

1. Describe the storage location, the equipment and the dispersal methods these aircraft have so as to release their "poison" on the human population.

2. For those who wish to claim that it is in the fuel system, I would prefer a deeper explanation as to how the fuel quantity probes, especially capacitive reactive types, are to work with the presence of various metals such as aluminum, strontium, etc... sloshing around inside the fuel tanks.

3. Why have I never received a discrepancy about the chemtrail dispersing system ever having a malfunction? I fix everything from taxi lights to engines to landing gear to fuel systems. I've had all sorts of discrepancies ranging from strange to baffling and there is no system that is flawless in its design. One would think that over the past twelve years of working on military and civilian aircraft (some of which are the very airplanes accused of dispersing such agents) that I'd have received some sort of discrepancy regarding one of those particular systems.

4. If the poisonous chemicals reside in the fuel system, explain to me how the programmable flight management computer can compensate for a constant "crop dusting" of chemicals while maintaining the proper fuel quantity assessment and maintaining compensation for a cost-effective flight management to CONSERVE as much fuel as possible.

5. Please explain to me what type of fuel particles do not evaporate when the airplane is above 10,000 feet? In other words, please show empirical evidence to dispute this study:

http://144.206.159.178/FT/490/184004/4701227.pdf

6. Please explain the methodology by which the U.S. government has managed to keep even a single pilot from speaking out about knowingly dropping poisonous chemicals on the population with which these pilots and their families live.

7. Please explain the methodology by which the U.S. government has managed to keep mechanics such as myself quiet as we tediously tinker away at these dispersal systems.

This is one of the dumbest, most ridiculous conspiracy theories I've ever heard. I cannot honestly believe that people are so woefully ignorant of modern day aviation to assume that somehow, somewhere the U.S. government has managed to install a dispersal system on airliners while simultaneously keeping every single person involved quiet. The level of involvement in keeping everyone quiet (from refuelers to mechanics to pilots) would be astronomical and virtually impossible. Not to mention, the sheer absurdity of dispersing chemicals from altitudes where contrails naturally form is also an altitude where chemicals evaporate and will never touch the ground.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
^^^^^

As someone who was a pilot for the airlines for 12 years, I say bravo to your well written post. I used to argue against this chemtrail lunacy passionately but have gotten worn out. I kid you not, I was once using the urinal in a public airport restroom and a fellow next to me asked "what are you guys spraying today?" I said "excuse me?" He said " you know, chemtrails. What you dropping today?" "Are you serious?" I asked. "Yes I certainly am", he said. I told him "we're spraying the meds you need to believe such garbage." There's no reasoning with these folks. Especially if you work in or on planes they think you're in on the conspiracy and just lie. /shrug

Old 01-30-2012, 06:33 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
As someone who is a mechanic on a number of various narrow and wide body aircraft at a major U.S. airline
You can't possibly believe that someone who is capable of believing that several of the posters on CityData are government agents planted to intimidate the enlightened ones when they try to spread "the truth" will believe you are a neutral party who is innocent of involvement.

I've brought up your exact point on the massive scale of conspirators it would require many times in these silly threads and have yet to get an answer. It would literally be tens of thousands of people in the form of mechanics, pilots, flight controllers, airline management, government scientists, etc. all just happily giggling to themselves about the big secret they know.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
^^^^^

As someone who was a pilot for the airlines for 12 years, I say bravo to your well written post. I used to argue against this chemtrail lunacy passionately but have gotten worn out. I kid you not, I was once using the urinal in a public airport restroom and a fellow next to me asked "what are you guys spraying today?" I said "excuse me?" He said " you know, chemtrails. What you dropping today?" "Are you serious?" I asked. "Yes I certainly am", he said. I told him "we're spraying the meds you need to believe such garbage." There's no reasoning with these folks. Especially if you work in or on planes they think you're in on the conspiracy and just lie. /shrug
Yeah... When I hired on at my company they asked me how I felt about spraying chemicals on civilians across the country. I told them I thought it was a great idea and I'd be willing to sign any non-disclosure agreement they would like me to.

There was another guy in the room next to me who I presumed was being interviewed as well. Apparently, he didn't like the idea so much. There was a shuffle, a commotion, and then I heard a gunshot followed by the sound of a wood chipper. Come to think of it... I never did see that guy again. I guess he didn't get the job.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You can't possibly believe that someone who is capable of believing that several of the posters on CityData are government agents planted to intimidate the enlightened ones when they try to spread "the truth" will believe you are a neutral party who is innocent of involvement.
No frickin' way! There are seriously people who are that deluded? I always thought that was something you'd see in a movie not in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I've brought up your exact point on the massive scale of conspirators it would require many times in these silly threads and have yet to get an answer. It would literally be tens of thousands of people in the form of mechanics, pilots, flight controllers, airline management, government scientists, etc. all just happily giggling to themselves about the big secret they know.
Just at my company alone.... I think there are approximately 2500 mechanics and approximately 4000-5000 pilots. I think there are about 500-1000 parts and material people and probably about the same number of refuelers and various supports personnel. There are probably 5000-10000 people in management, engineering, and so on and so forth who would have to be privileged to this in some form or fashion. Even at a minimum, let's say there were a total of 10,000 people at my airline alone involved...

The military and the government couldn't keep Abu Ghraib, Marines peeing on dead bodies, and Bradley Manning's WikiLeaks submissions secret. Do we really think they're so good at secrecy that they've duped the roughly 10,000 people at my company alone (not to mention the hundreds of thousands of people in the rest of the industry) into keeping quiet while we knowingly allow them to drop chemicals on us without even the slightest fear for our families and loved ones?

The suspension of reality required to believe this is borderline, if not fully in the realm of, a severe schizophrenic and paranoid delusional personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies