Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 06:01 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Lapse rate

Although the actual atmospheric lapse rate varies, under normal atmospheric conditions the average atmospheric lapse rate results in a temperature decrease of 3.5°F (1.94°C) per 1,000 feet (304 m) of altitude.
I have a feeling that 11thHour is a pilot, Don. You bantering with me is all fun and games, but I think you're going to find that you're way out of your league if you choose to take him on.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:02 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Seems you demand others answer your questions when in over 700 posts you have refused to answer theirs.

And you expect people to respect you?
I already said I will answer anyone's questions except for you and swagger because if you read back in these posts anyone can see you two have been disingenuous.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Contrails are all made of the same materials and are formed in the same way, but exist for different lengths of time. Because of the differences in contrail "life-spans", contrails can be divided into three groups: short-lived, persistent (non-spreading), and persistent spreading. See the Contrail Formation Guide for more information on how contrails form.

Short-lived contrails look like short white lines following along behind the plane, disappearing almost as fast as the airplane goes across the sky, perhaps lasting only a few minutes or less. The air that the airplane is passing through is somewhat moist, and there is only a small amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. The ice particles that do form quickly return again to a vapor state.

Persistent (non-spreading) contrails look like long white lines that remain visible after the airplane has disappeared. This shows that the air where the airplane is flying is quite humid, and there is a large amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. Persistent contrails can be further divided into two classes: those that spread and those that don't. Persistent contrails look like long, narrow white pencil-lines across the sky.

Persistent spreading contrails look like long, broad, fuzzy white lines. This is the type most likely to affect climate because they cover a larger area and last longer than short-lived or persistent contrails.

Contrail cousins are things that look like contrails but actually arise from a different physical process. For example, under the right conditions you will see vapor trails form from the wingtips of a jet on takeoff or landing. This phenomenon results from a decrease in pressure and temperature in the wingtip vortex. If conditions are right, liquid water drops form inside the vortex and make it visible. These evaporate very quickly after they form.

Contrail Science

Old 02-19-2012, 06:04 PM

Contrails can be found over most of the planet. Now that jet plane traffic, both civilian and military, can be at anyplace over the globe at anytime, contrails are becoming more and more common. This picture was taken by the NOAA-12 satellite as it passed over portions of Europe in 1995. It is very obvious from this color enhanced satellite image that the atmosphere was very conducive to the development of contrails on this date (5 April 1995) and that these contrails were long-lived enough to accumulate with many criss-cross patterns over the same heavily travelled portion of air space.
Contrails have been recorded throughout the history of jet plane travel. Many reports exist from World War II of situations where the accumulations of contrails was so extensive that pilots were unable to keep visual contact with neighbor or enemy planes during combat. Contrails have been recorded from the Sahara Desert to the South Pole indicating that contrails are not constrained to only populated regions of the Earth.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I have a feeling that 11thHour is a pilot, Don. You bantering with me is all fun and games, but I think you're going to find that you're way out of your league if you choose to take him on.
No, not really. I never said what my profession is.

So your not going to give me a temperature you feel comfortable with?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Contrails can be found over most of the planet. Now that jet plane traffic, both civilian and military, can be at anyplace over the globe at anytime, contrails are becoming more and more common. This picture was taken by the NOAA-12 satellite as it passed over portions of Europe in 1995. It is very obvious from this color enhanced satellite image that the atmosphere was very conducive to the development of contrails on this date (5 April 1995) and that these contrails were long-lived enough to accumulate with many criss-cross patterns over the same heavily travelled portion of air space.
Contrails have been recorded throughout the history of jet plane travel. Many reports exist from World War II of situations where the accumulations of contrails was so extensive that pilots were unable to keep visual contact with neighbor or enemy planes during combat. Contrails have been recorded from the Sahara Desert to the South Pole indicating that contrails are not constrained to only populated regions of the Earth.

Again ... those are chemtrails

Old 02-19-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I already said I will answer anyone's questions except for you and swagger because if you read back in these posts anyone can see you two have been disingenuous.
Disingenuous?

I asked you in post #747 to point out to me a contrail over a thousand miles long... Did you answer? NO

Why? because you couldn't, there were no contrails over a thousand miles long.

The last photo over Europe? chemtrails? <errr> wrong again....

So in your mind if you call someone disingenuous that means you can sprout any BS you want and not be called out...

Gotta admit, in over 700 posts your spots have not changed, BS through and through..

Last edited by plwhit; 02-19-2012 at 06:19 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Again ... those are chemtrails
You can say anything you want, still doesn't alter the fact they are contrails.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
No, not really. I never said what my profession is.
That's right you haven't.... But you have alluded to having intimate details of what occurs at Area 51, the Pentagon and the White House.

You have told us your expertise in dismissing scientific fact by just looking at something...

Hmmm, now what do we call a person with all those qualifications?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Disingenuous?

I asked you in post #747 to point out to me a contrail over a thousand miles long... Did you answer? NO

Why? because you couldn't, there were no contrails over a thousand miles long.

So in your mind if you call someone disingenuous that means you can sprout any BS you want and not be called out...

Gotta admit, in over 700 posts your spots have not changed, BS through and through..
Disingenuous means you are not interested in the effort here to discuss and collaborate in the subject matter. We have answered your questions but you don't consider or honestly argue the content, you just throw it aside and continue your quest to sidetrack true discussion. You just want us to stop discussing the subject and you try anything you can to accomplish that goal. This is typical Troll actions.

As far as getting traction on the subject and the truth I think we are progressing well despite you and swagger's attempts to derail the thread. I think we have presented some very good evidence and theories. I'm more convinced now that geo-engineering is real, the alleged contrails are chemtrails ... and the world governments are operating this secret covert program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies