Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:16 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Yes I did laugh....CK2 but that example was BOGUS,,

It was outside our country. Am I right? No Governor disrespected a President like the Wicked Witch of the West pointing her index finger in his face.
Not bogus....
Not if you would ALSO LAUGH IF IT WAS OBAMA! Be fair.....that's all I'm asking!

Objectivity is hard for blacks on this issue! This our first black Prez and WE want him handled like a faberge'.......If someone doesn't like him killin' the oil pipeline, they're racist.....If they don't like his stance on immigration, theyre racist......if they don't like the healthcare law, they're friggin' racist......AT HE HEART OF EVERY DIFFERENCE ON THIS PRESIDENT , IT'S GOTTA BE RACISM???

As Chris Carter would say, "COME ON MANE!!"

Old 01-28-2012, 05:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Which Democratic politicians acted towards Bush the way Republican politicians have acted towards Obama?

I remember how conservatives threw a fit when Senator Webb, at a White House event, said "that's between me and my boy" when Bush approached him and asked Webb how his son (serving in Iraq) was. The audacity! But no finger stuck in Bush's face. No sharp exchange, just a curt one.
Let's not forget to mention Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yelling out "You lie!" to Obama during a joint session of Congress.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:24 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
See....I knew that defense was coming! I've heard that before!!

So because it was an Iraqi, the disrespect is okay?? You felt no outrage that our sitting Prez was attacked like that? And you did not find it humorous???

So what if an Iraqi threw a shoe at Obama? Would you be okay with that?

The issue is the disrespect....and the acceptance of it, depending on if it's YOUR guy in the Oval office!!

In all the barber shops I hung out in, they got a big kick out it!! Tom Joyner loved it! Think Joyner would say that if an Iraqi threw one at Obama?? "Oh, but it's an Iraqi!" Riiiiiight.

This crap is equally spread on both sides! But no one will see it because we have our racial and political contact lenses on!

I'm just asking for fairness on both sides!
No, the fact that it was an act committed by an Iraqi in Iraq, does not make it okay. BUT, it does explain it. Even you would have to admit that.

And honestly, I did laugh when I saw it. But not about the shoe being thrown at him, but his great reflex!! That was fantastic!

If Bush had been in America and an American had thrown a shoe at him, I would've been outraged.

I can't demand that non-Americans respect our POTUS, if even our own citizens won't/don't.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Not bogus....
Not if you would ALSO LAUGH IF IT WAS OBAMA! Be fair.....that's all I'm asking!

Objectivity is hard for blacks on this issue! This our first black Prez and WE want him handled like a faberge'.......If someone doesn't like him killin' the oil pipeline, they're racist.....If they don't like his stance on immigration, theyre racist......if they don't like the healthcare law, they're friggin' racist......AT HE HEART OF EVERY DIFFERENCE ON THIS PRESIDENT , IT'S GOTTA BE RACISM???

As Chris Carter would say, "COME ON MANE!!"
God's my witness..If any Governor would have dissed Bush (W) Like that I would not like it. I would admit it CK2.. I served my country under his daddy.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
See....I knew that defense was coming! I've heard that before!!

So because it was an Iraqi, the disrespect is okay?? You felt no outrage that our sitting Prez was attacked like that? And you did not find it humorous???

So what if an Iraqi threw a shoe at Obama? Would you be okay with that?

The issue is the disrespect....and the acceptance of it, depending on if it's YOUR guy in the Oval office!!

In all the barber shops I hung out in, they got a big kick out it!! Tom Joyner loved it! Think Joyner would say that if an Iraqi threw one at Obama?? "Oh, but it's an Iraqi!" Riiiiiight.

This crap is equally spread on both sides! But no one will see it because we have our racial and political contact lenses on!

I'm just asking for fairness on both sides!

If I recall correctly, the shoe thrower in Iraq was more than a bit pissed that he lost family and friends when his country was invaded under false pretenses. What's Brewer's gripe? She is self-serving and vying for media attention to sell her book. This mean spirited broad hasn't gotten this much attention since she denied medical coverage for transplant patients. Maybe the "Brew" in Brewer is a testament to how much of a witch this woman actually is.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If I recall correctly, the shoe thrower in Iraq was more than a bit pissed that he lost family and friends when his country was invaded under false pretenses. What's Brewer's gripe? She is self-serving and vying for media attention to sell her book. This mean spirited broad hasn't gotten this much attention since she denied medical coverage for transplant patients. Maybe the "Brew" in Brewer is a testament to how much of a witch this woman actually is.
Not to mention that the shoe thrower was sentenced to 3 years in jail. What are the ramifications for grossly disrespecting the POTUS in America? Book deals/sales and/or presidential nominations.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:53 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Let's not forget to mention Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yelling out "You lie!" to Obama during a joint session of Congress.
And he should have stood up and said it louder!

Every time Obama opens his pie-hole .. twisted truths (lies) spring forth!

Old 01-28-2012, 05:54 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not to mention that the shoe thrower was sentenced to 3 years in jail. What are the ramifications for grossly disrespecting the POTUS in America? Book deals/sales and/or presidential nominations.
Right Choc. No person on Earth should diss our Pres. Whether Republican, Democrat or anybody!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:05 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
" Disrespecting" joined my list of most hated and overused words a few years ago. Its just stupid the way its tossed out there. And this was the first time I've ever heard of Ricky Smiley. He came across as an idiot living in the past about 50 years ago.
Obama was crabby from too much travelling and snapped at the Governor. He was just as guilty of being ' disrepectful' as she was.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:09 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Which Democratic politicians acted towards Bush the way Republican politicians have acted towards Obama?

Democrat Kentucky governor Steve Beshear

Quote:
Gov. Steve Beshear, who has remained neutral during the presidential primary and who will serve as a Kentucky superdelegate at the national convention in August, avoided talking about the Democratic candidates by criticizing President Bush.

“When I mention that Democrats are problem solvers, I can think of only one Republican who can be a problem solver — that is Vice President Dick Cheney if he would just take George on a hunting trip,” Beshear said. Cheney accidentally shot fellow quail hunter Harry Whittington in Texas in 2006.
You asked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies