Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 AM

98 posts, read 81,669 times

Advertisements

I never did something stupid in my life - like experiment with coke when I was stoned.

Drunk Yes - half abooze buzz opens the door to bad decisions.

Alcohol = Gateway Drug, you doubt about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,154 times
Marijuana is a gateway drug to Obama. His use opened the gateway to the Whitehouse. So if some of these peoples gateway theory is correct, we have a pot smoking methhead with a needle in his arm and white powdery substance around his nose... making decisions for the country.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
My state senator and police he consulted about marijuana say it should stay illegal, because it is a gateway drug. You can hear my state senator's response from this audio clip from a recent town hall meeting when asked about legalizing medical marijuana: http://okmedicalmarijuana.org/mjtownhall.m3u
Your state senator is a scientist?
Who knew.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
YES, exactly right on the first point. NO, exactly wrong on the second. Pot can be abused, and like anything, can be quite addictive....
I thought the whole purpose of spending $1Billion in the past 50 years to do research on pot, was to document that it is 'addictive'.

So far from all of that government research, not a single piece of evidence has been discovered to say that it is in fact addictive.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
YES, exactly right on the first point. NO, exactly wrong on the second. Pot can be abused, and like anything, can be quite addictive. If not physically, then mentally. Experience is a great teacher.

Anything can be abused. Even drinking water. And I guess one can become dependent on any substance or even activities. So in that sense, golf, sex, walking and running are addictive. And so is water, tomatoes and corn on the cob.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Do You think Marijuana is a gateway drug?

All drugs are a gateway drug to someone with an addictive personality.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one has argued it is illegal simply because it is a gateway drug. It is illegal for the same reasns cocaine and other drugs are illegal. Pot is the most harmless of the bunch, and that is why people start with pot, and that is why it is called a gateway drug.

Only the uninformed call it a gateway drug.

And it's only illegal because Mexicans and Blacks were smoking it back in the 1930s. Do a little research.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post

Marijuana wasn't the first drug I tried, either. That distinction goes to alcohol.

I must have started much younger than you when I took my first drugs. I think my mom gave me baby aspirin when I was two years old.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Only the uninformed call it a gateway drug.And it's only illegal because Mexicans and Blacks were smoking it back in the 1930s. Do a little research.
Is that why it is illegal in practically every country on the planet? I don't think Sweden had too many Mexicans and Blacks smoking pot in the 1930s

Old 01-30-2012, 08:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
I never heard of pot addiction. Even if it can be, the frequency of pot addiction is so rare that it cant reasonably be considered an addictive drug. Have you ever heard of anyone overdosing on pot? Or dying from it? As people do every single day from alcohol addiction? You can't pick up a newspaper and not read about someone dying from an alcohol-related death.

There are thousands of Alcoholic Anonymous treatment centers around the country. There's no such thing as Marijuana Anonymous. There's a reason for that. Millions of lives have been destroyed by alcohol. Alcohol is highly addictive, dangerous and lethal. Pot is not.

And yet the twisted laws being as they are, the non-lethal drug is outlawed while the lethal and highly addictive one is not.
In the 70's it was called "The Man Is Keeping Us Down"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies