Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,913,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where, in what I write, did you get any of that?
If the state chooses.
Apparently you're not watching the erosion of reproductive rights for women.
What? What does womens reproductive rights have ANYTHING to do with this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 12:57 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,091,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Gun grabbing leftist cockroaches?

Now there's a headline! I bet World Net Daily would hire you as their editor in a heartbeat.
The fact is Hardcore Leftists wrote and advanced these proposed "laws"...

Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,337,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Gun Grabbing Leftist cockroaches are crawling out of the woodwork in Illinois and New Jersey ;0(

Left-handed cochroaches are grabbing guns and crawling out of the woodwork?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:06 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,091,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Left-handed cochroaches are grabbing guns and crawling out of the woodwork?
If you see just one it's time to get your pointy corner kicking boots on and some DDT because there's 10 more hiding in the woodwork...

Old 01-29-2012, 02:17 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,476,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have never seen such aggressive and expensive efforts to take weapons specifically away from citizens. there seems to be a complete deliberate blindness to the fact that its the criminals with guns that need to be disarmed. they keep going after the sheep dog but not the wolf. why? they keep calling it a public safety concern. if so why let gang bangers run the streets heavily armed?

Uh..how would you go about disarming criminals? Have you REALLY thought that through?

Old 01-29-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Gun Grabbing Leftist cockroaches are crawling out of the woodwork in Illinois and New Jersey ;0(

URGENT ALERT – CHICAGO MACHINE IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS

Cook County Assault Ban to become Illinois Law - IllinoisCarry.com

Their coming out with the annual anti 2A "Assault weapons ban" If you live in Illinois please contact your Congressors and tell them NO and they need to pass the CCW bill HB148 so we can finally join the USA...

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE! - New Jersey Gun Forums

Thank God Im not in NJ but if you are you need to take action now to stop the @#$%&!!!!

Let's just see how much truth there is in this hysterical post.

First, IL HB1294. It's author and chief sponsor is Representative Edward J. Acevedo, a former Chicago cop. Sounds like a "leftist cockroach" to me, doesn't it you?

The bill bans certain, specifically defined "assault weapons" and large capacity magazines. However, if you owned one before the bill is passed, you have 90 days to register it and you may keep it. Nobody is coming to "get" anything. The bill simply bans the ownership, possession or transference of those specifically identified weapons in the future.

IL HB1599. Same author: that "leftist cockroach" former cop.

The bill outlaws the possession of such things as slap jacks, switch blade knives, bombs, broken bottles or just about anything else which a person INTENDS to use as a weapon. Private ownership on your own property, including your place of business, and the right to carry such weapons in your own car between places of your own property, is not prohibited.

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB1599

NJ588: Bans pretty much the same ad hoc weapons that IL HB1599 does, but also includes dum dum and armor piercing ammunition (Sec. F)

However, the bill also says this:

(2) a.* Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling.

Nobody is coming to "get" anything.

One of the links above made this comment:

"A588 would enable the Attorney General to ban handgun and rifle ammunition by executive fiat."

That's simply not true. Here's the bill:

A588

As in most cases, if y'all would take the time to do about 30 minutes of research, as I just did, and quit listening to the morons, you could save yourself an awful lot of turmoil and aggravation.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Let's just see how much truth there is in this hysterical post.

First, IL HB1294. It's author and chief sponsor is Representative Edward J. Acevedo, a former Chicago cop. Sounds like a "leftist cockroach" to me, doesn't it you?

The bill bans certain, specifically defined "assault weapons" and large capacity magazines. However, if you owned one before the bill is passed, you have 90 days to register it and you may keep it. Nobody is coming to "get" anything. The bill simply bans the ownership, possession or transference of those specifically identified weapons in the future.

IL HB1599. Same author: that "leftist cockroach" former cop.

The bill outlaws the possession of such things as slap jacks, switch blade knives, bombs, broken bottles or just about anything else which a person INTENDS to use as a weapon. Private ownership on your own property, including your place of business, and the right to carry such weapons in your own car between places of your own property, is not prohibited.

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB1599

NJ588: Bans pretty much the same ad hoc weapons that IL HB1599 does, but also includes dum dum and armor piercing ammunition (Sec. F)

However, the bill also says this:

(2) a.* Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling.

Nobody is coming to "get" anything.

One of the links above made this comment:

"A588 would enable the Attorney General to ban handgun and rifle ammunition by executive fiat."

That's simply not true. Here's the bill:

A588

As in most cases, if y'all would take the time to do about 30 minutes of research, as I just did, and quit listening to the morons, you could save yourself an awful lot of turmoil and aggravation.
I'm curious... Would you support such a law in Texas? Not that it would ever pass, but if it were brought before the Texas legislature, would you support it?

Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm curious... Would you support such a law in Texas? Not that it would ever pass, but if it were brought before the Texas legislature, would you support it?
Sure, why not? If I can't hit my target with 10 shots, I don't need to be carrying a gun anyhow. Not only that, but a semi-automatic weapon of any calibre is more effective WITHOUT a pistol grip, in MHO. Pistol grips are mostly just for show. Nor do I have a problem with switch blades, slap jacks, night sticks etc. being illegal. I think they already are here.

In any case, we had a very similar nation-wide ban for about a decade or so and it wasn't the end of the world.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Sure, why not? If I can't hit my target with 10 shots, I don't need to be carrying a gun anyhow. Not only that, but a semi-automatic weapon of any calibre is more effective WITHOUT a pistol grip, in MHO. Pistol grips are mostly just for show. Nor do I have a problem with switch blades, slap jacks, night sticks etc. being illegal. I think they already are here.

In any case, we had a very similar nation-wide ban for about a decade or so and it wasn't the end of the world.
So you would also be in favor of registering your guns with the state then?

Old 01-29-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
So you would also be in favor of registering your guns with the state then?

Why wouldn't I? Most of them are registered already because they were bought from dealers and some of the ones bought from private individuals were stolen and recovered some years ago, so their serial numbers are on file too.

Look...I'm a firm and ardent supporter of the Second Amendment, but I understand that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, nor should it be. The People are supreme in this country and if The People decide to impose some limitations on themselves acting through their elected representatives, as the Constitution empowers them to do, I have no problem with that. I may not like it, I may fight against it, but I will ALWAYS accept the Will of the People. To do otherwise is to stand four-square against the principles of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I will NOT put myself in that position.

Nor will I EVER consider my fellow citizens with whom I have a disagreement as "enemies" of mine. Doing so is a cancer to our way of life, one which eats away at the vital foundation of democracy. Self government will fail on the day we refuse to accept the Will of The People and take action to prevent the imposition of legally passed laws. Democracy is totally dependent upon acquiescence to the law, even if we don't like the law, and it's founded on the principle of the acceptance of differing opinions.

Moreover, since the Supreme Court ruled a few years ago that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, there won't be anybody coming to get my guns, or yours either. They may outlaw some of the ones I've got over there in the closet, as is The People's right to do, but I will not be left unarmed.

And besides...even if the unthinkable happened and they actually showed up to get mine, I'd help them carry them out to the car and wave as they leave. So long as they leave me a ball peen hammer to clunk somebody over the head with, I can get all the guns I might want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies