Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What do you think the people in the Middle East think?? I say, it looks like Iran is getting the best of America.
Oh, absolutely. It's the talk of the Muslim world and has been the running headline on Al Jazeera for weeks.

The pink toy drone has completely eclipsed all coverage of the growing civil war in Syria, the increasing Chaos in Senegal or the failure of the Arab League.

Pink toy drone... that's what everybody's wringing their hands about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
I don't see how this wasn't destroyed upon landing in the wrong area, same with the helicopter in Pakistani.
Oh I know!!! Let them come up with their own toys, godd@mnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
I'd say Pakistani, Iran, China & Russia are having a beer and laughing at America's incompetence.
Muslims don't drink beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh, absolutely. It's the talk of the Muslim world and has been the running headline on Al Jazeera for weeks.

The pink toy drone has completely eclipsed all coverage of the growing civil war in Syria, the increasing Chaos in Senegal or the failure of the Arab League.

Pink toy drone... that's what everybody's wringing their hands about.

Oh I know!!! Let them come up with their own toys, godd@mnit!

Muslims don't drink beer.

At least that's what they tell us!! Some Americans believe everything there told!!

http://www.news.com.au/business/alco...-1226171580996

"Pakistan is known for a lot of bad things but it is time for us to be known for some good things too, like our beer," Isphanyar Bhandara, whose family owns the brewery, said.
Under Pakistani law, drinking alcohol is illegal for Muslims - who make up 97 per cent of the country's 173 million people - although no one has been lashed for drinking since the 1980s.

Last edited by wildflower82; 01-30-2012 at 01:31 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM

168 posts, read 142,931 times
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it was a private group of citizens who sent the plane. More of a practical joke than anything else. If everyone would stop over-analyzing this, we could all have a good laugh, Obama included.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:15 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
This is absolutely embarrassing!! Guess pretty please, give it back, didn't work!!

President Obama gets his wish he has to be a one term President, now will need someone with bigger b*lls!!

You volunteering to go get it back or do you just have a bigger mouth?

Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
At least that's what they tell us!! We Americans believe everything where told!!

Pakistan overturns ban on booze . . . for export | News.com.au

"Pakistan is known for a lot of bad things but it is time for us to be known for some good things too, like our beer," Isphanyar Bhandara, whose family owns the brewery, said.
Under Pakistani law, drinking alcohol is illegal for Muslims - who make up 97 per cent of the country's 173 million people - although no one has been lashed for drinking since the 1980s.
The argument was... Muslims don't drink beer (alcohol in general). Now, I'm sure there are moderates and liberals among them that do, but that is besides the point. And what about 3% of 173 million?

Old 01-30-2012, 01:22 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
1) Put a real engine on it.
2) Fill it with explosives.
3) Install a remote control they cant hack.
4) Send it kamikaze style in to Iran pres Ahmadatjimmysdad house.
Ok gangsta... go ahead

Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You volunteering to go get it back or do you just have a bigger mouth?
See your willing to send a women, to do a man's job!!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
I thought it was government policy that no government employee can accept gifts and the Iranians know this.

Just another PR stunt by the increasingly desperate Iranian regime...

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
What are you talking about. I don't see where they're on board, more like wondering, why Iran would think to challenge us. My guess is they know they can...................
Exactly. They know Obama is a joke. He won't do anything but what his followers here are doing. It should never have gotten to this point in the first place but when the arab world looks at you as weak and you show it in your every move this is what happens. They watched as the left whined and cried and threatened to pull troop funding the whole damn time we were over there during Bush's term, all for politics. They see our guys being tried for shooting their guys an laugh. I would be too if I were fighting a country and they were trying to imprison their own warriors for fighting the war. It's a joke, Obama is a joke and the entire world knows it.

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And what did that "big stick" turn to be?

Weapons sales.

More precisely, Illegal weapon sales. One of the most insidious details of this back-door deal was that the hostages wouldn't be released until after the inauguration, so it couldn't possibly be perceived as happening on Carter's watch. Talk about putting politics first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies