Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

They send us a pink toy drone and we sent them the USS Abraham Lincoln and it's battle group...

Excellent trade...

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/manage...ss_abraham.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-30-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 01:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The Obama administration has overseen an aggressive expansion of the war in Afghanistan as well as the use of drones over the Middle East, resulting in the elimination of a FAR greater number of terrorist leadership than ever occurred under Bush -and not to mention Bin Laden himself. And they're standing up to Iran and putting as much pressure on them as possible, influence through the use of drones to gather as much intel as possible. So what it one freaking drone fell? Nothing is perfect. That one incident doesn't undo all of the administration's accomplishments, and it doesn't define the outcome of this standoff. The administration will likely keep up international pressure and keep flying drones over there as well.

And so what if Ahmadinejad makes some PR about sending a toy drone? It's all theatrics anyways. You think he'd behave somehow more politely under a Republican administration? Come on, get real.

Just because a lunatic dictator sends a pink toy plane to the president doesn't mean that the president isn't doing the right things; it mote likely indicates that the dictator is a lunatic.

So get over it... "But...he sent a PINK PLANE!" Who gives an F! Put on your big boy pants and think about this rationally. It doesn't mean anything.
I guess you have something to back up all the "leaders" taken out by Obama and his drone army. Don't even bring up bin hiden and his carcass tossed into the ocean as that is a bigger joke than this pink drone. That's probably another reason they're playing games. As for terrorists they have all been killed or run off to somalia to become pirates while we were actually fighting em. Now its a cut and run display that we all knew was coming by the democrats. Drop the bombs from the sky like bubba did in the balkans. Kill a bunch of civilians who cares as it doesn't make the "shocking" headlines. Libya anybody???

Old 01-30-2012, 01:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The argument was... Muslims don't drink beer (alcohol in general). Now, I'm sure there are moderates and liberals among them that do, but that is besides the point. And what about 3% of 173 million?
Only, beside your point. It doesn't matter, you claimed none drink beer, I proved you wrong, by showing some!!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Only, beside your point. It doesn't matter, you claimed none drink beer, I proved you wrong, by showing some!!
It wasn't my point.

In any case, the point was correct. Muslims don't eat pork and don't drink alcohol. They only eat halaal meat (Jewish equivalent: kosher). This argument guarantees as much validity as does an argument that Christians eat meat.

Don't go around preaching that Muslims drink beer or alcohol.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Exactly. They know Obama is a joke. He won't do anything but what his followers here are doing. It should never have gotten to this point in the first place but when the arab world looks at you as weak and you show it in your every move this is what happens. They watched as the left whined and cried and threatened to pull troop funding the whole damn time we were over there during Bush's term, all for politics. They see our guys being tried for shooting their guys an laugh. I would be too if I were fighting a country and they were trying to imprison their own warriors for fighting the war. It's a joke, Obama is a joke and the entire world knows it.
Not only does Obama get one, everyone can buy these and put them on a shelf as a reminder, US is no longer the "Super Power" she once was.................Iran Selling Toy Copies Of Captured Drone; Returns downed U.S. Drone to Obama: a miniature, pink plastic replica - Atlas Shrugs

All Obama supporters can do is whine, we're making President Obama look bad.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Not only does Obama get one, everyone can buy these and put them on a shelf as a reminder, US is no longer the "Super Power" she once was.................Iran Selling Toy Copies Of Captured Drone; Returns downed U.S. Drone to Obama: a miniature, pink plastic replica - Atlas Shrugs

Actually, y'all are making America look bad, and hell bent on demonstrating stupidity. Trust me, y'all get there without trying!

Old 01-30-2012, 02:10 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,949 times
Batteries included?

Old 01-30-2012, 02:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:

He does that himself. They are left to defend his actions, why I still don't know. I don't think they do either. I'm sure they'll be calling us racists soon as that is what they are left with to defend "their guy" who is destroying the country one step at a time.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He does that himself. They are left to defend his actions, why I still don't know. I don't think they do either. I'm sure they'll be calling us racists soon as that is what they are left with to defend "their guy" who is destroying the country one step at a time.
I think, it's one of those knee jerk reactions!!

DANG IT!! It's not his fault their taking our stuff, the man is busy vacationing, entertaining celebrity's and golfing leave him alone.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:05 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I thought it was government policy that no government employee can accept gifts and the Iranians know this.

Just another PR stunt by the increasingly desperate Iranian regime...
I don't think anyone, including the OP has clicked on the link. It was a toy company that sent the plane, not the Iranian government. Since when are the actions of a toy company international affairs? To make an issue over this is really pathetic and petty if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies