Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,192,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Accumulation of wealth does NOT take wealth from others
You dont understand the difference between allowing people to keep their own money, which is NOT dividing, and claiming that you should take wealth from others to perpetuate poverty, do you?

You really dont understand this? Unbelievable..
Sorry but you wingnuts are wrong, for every dollar the wealthy take out of the economy there is one less dollar for everyone else. The wealthy have been scraping up most of the excess dollars.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It has nothing to do with this President dividing the nation via class warfare and the result of his constituents buying into the "poor me...I hate the rich" mentality? It's all because of sore losers in the conservative ranks?
No, it's all because of the lack of decent conservative candidates, STILL is. I heard Newt this AM crying ME! ME! ME! I'm an outsider, it'd be comical if it wasn't so pathetic.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sorry but you wingnuts are wrong, for every dollar the wealthy take out of the economy there is one less dollar for everyone else. The wealthy have been scraping up most of the excess dollars.
Total ignorance. Explain this to me buzzard so I can laugh at you.

When Buffet takes $100M and buys a company, how did he take money out of the economy by doing so?

When Bill Gates, sells a copy of Windows and becomes wealthier, how did he take money out of the economy?

Where do they put it? Under their pillow?

Your chart further shows the stupidity of the left because it has nothing at all to do with taking money out of the economy. You dont get wealthy by taking money out of the economy, you get wealthy by putting it in. Unless of course you can list a billionaire who got wealthy on their own.

This goes to show the utter incompetence of the left wing abilityto understand economics and why you support programs that fail.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:37 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times
Quote:
Total ignorance. Explain this to me buzzard so I can laugh at you.

When Buffet takes $100M and buys a company, how did he take money out of the economy by doing so?

When Bill Gates, sells a copy of Windows and becomes wealthier, how did he take money out of the economy?

Where do they put it? Under their pillow?

Your chart further shows the stupidity of the left because it has nothing at all to do with taking money out of the economy. You dont get wealthy by taking money out of the economy, you get wealthy by putting it in. Unless of course you can list a billionaire who got wealthy on their own.

This goes to show the utter incompetence of the left wing abilityto understand economics and why you support programs that fail.
Amazon's success is funded by the demise of B. Dalton, Borders and thousands of small bookstores -- not to mention the struggling Barnes and Noble.

Most growing businesses are a shift from competitors. The growth in Windows and PCs was at the demise of typewriters and calculators.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Amazon's success is funded by the demise of B. Dalton, Borders and thousands of small bookstores -- not to mention the struggling Barnes and Noble.

Most growing businesses are a shift from competitors. The growth in Windows and PCs was at the demise of typewriters and calculators.
That didnt at all answer the question about how ones success removes wealth from the economy. Competition has always existed, but we arent discussing competition, we're discussing the removal of wealth. How does Amazons success, REMOVE WEALTH?

Old 01-31-2012, 05:57 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,834,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nobody should be surprised. The best word to summarize the Obama presidency: Failure

Obama: The most polarizing president. Ever. - The Washington Post

You blame him for the actions of people.... there is the EPIC FAILURE!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times
Quote:
That didnt at all answer the question about how ones success removes wealth from the economy. Competition has always existed, but we arent discussing competition, we're discussing the removal of wealth. How does Amazons success, REMOVE WEALTH?
Of course it did. Amazon's rise is at the expense of others fall -- just as the income gains of the top 1% (+276% since 1979) is at the expense of everyone else, who haven't grow at all.

Last edited by MTAtech; 01-31-2012 at 06:13 AM..

Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Of course it did. Amazon's rise is at the expense of others fall -- just as the income gains of the top 1% 9+276% since 1979) is at the expense of everyone else, who haven't grow at all.
It's called progress MTAtech. The internet is changing how we live.

When automobiles came the horse and buggy bit the dust as cars got cheaper and more could afford them.

What did the buggy makers do when no one needed buggies anymore.
Same concept.

Brick and mortar is on the way out in some industries because of the internet.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
This thread is an Epic Failure and the reason is it is built upon a LIE.
The interesting thing is that what I said earlier, most of us not wanted to be united and it is proven out by the posts here. Personally, I am cool with that.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
THE GOP DOESNT SUPPORT TAKING FROM THOSE ON WELFARE AND GIVING IT TO THE 1%.

And if you dont undersand this, then I'd have to question if you are old enough to be posting here.
Stop with the strawman. Redistributing wealth is not class warfare, and that's not even what YOU said was the cause of Obama's class warfare. I've already quoted you twice on how YOU defined class warfare. Stay on point.

Obama to the 99%: B/c of the greedy 1%, your taxes are too high & the gov't doesn't have enough money to do what it needs to do. Unless we fix the problem w/ the greedy 1%, your life is going to get worse.

Republicans to the country
: B/c of the lazy poor, your taxes are too high & the gov't doesn't have enough money to do what it needs to do. Unless we fix the problem w/ the lazy poor, your life is going to get worse.

Tell me how one of these statements is class warfare but the other isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies