Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin View Post
Of course you missed it, you're tuned into ObamaTv too hard.

Now, if I post an article contrary to this^one from a reputable source will you call it fake and try to shoot it down? or discuss it?

I need to know before I post it because I have no time for Liberal thread jacking.
Thread jacking? Do you even know what the topic of this thread is? Clue it is not the Middle-East. So what was you were saying about thread jacking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 AM

286 posts, read 209,610 times
took it down. since you claim I'm thread jacking. I'll start a new thread with this one.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thread jacking? Do you even know what the topic of this thread is? Clue it is not the Middle-East. So what was you were saying about thread jacking?
I just stated a fact in the midst of all the garbage talk. he hasn't united the USA but he has united the Middle Eats. that's a fact.

not a thread jack at all.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Obama did a poor job of uniting the USA, but did an awesome job uniting the Middle East against us. .
According to the Pew Research poll, what you claim is only true in Pakistan, where the U.S. is targeting terrorists, which I think is a good thing. Otherwise, what you say is not true.

Note how many in Muslim nations blame the Jews.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You dont like the postings doesnt equate to strawman. Thats your problem.
You ignore the argument at hand, create a different argument, and then refute the argument you created... that's the definition of a strawman.

Quote:
WRONG... Obama, to the 99%, bc of the greedy 1% you cant succeed.
"Can't succeed", "life is worse" -- whatever. It doesn't change that you're saying it's class warfare b/c he's pitting one group against another.
Quote:
Obama doesnt at all address the fact that more than 1/2 of the 99% pays NO INCOME TAX AT ALL..
And? You've already established that he's setting up class warfare w/ his rhetoric, so that's a moot point.

Quote:
WRONG AGAIN.. government SHOULDNT BE DOING 1/2 of what it does to begin with.
How do you keep getting sidetracked?

Quote:
Remember, the GOP wants to starve people and push old ladies off a cliff. No where does the GOP believe the government have enough money.
Which is why they're trying to cut benefits to the poor, and rallying their base to support the cuts if they don't want Armageddon to happen in their personal lives. Class warfare.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to the Pew Research poll, what you claim is only true in Pakistan, where the U.S. is targeting terrorists, which I think is a good thing. Otherwise, what you say is not true.

Note how many in Muslim nations blame the Jews.
Actually they are NOT targeting terrorists, but instead securing oil reserves. wake up. Obama is not spreading Democracy as you think.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
I just stated a fact in the midst of all the garbage talk. he hasn't united the USA but he has united the Middle Eats. that's a fact.

not a thread jack at all.
United them in the understanding that they can determine their own futures, yes, that is a good thing
As for the US, we do not want to be united, not since the far-right decided that Politics is more important than the Nation.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
United them in the understanding that they can determine their own futures, yes, that is a good thing
As for the US, we do not want to be united, not since the far-right decided that Politics is more important than the Nation.
hahaha...comedy.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
don't alter my premise. I said I have a choice where to spend the $50,000 profit. Why are investors any more entitle to that dividend? Wouldn't it be wise to reward the workers that actually produced the profit?
No, you are changing the premise because we are discussing how obtaining wealth takes money out of the economy, not why investors are entitled to a dividend.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The point he's trying to make -- and the one you are stubbornly refusing to accept -- is that if he pays it out to investors and gives them an additional return on their investment at the expense of his employees, then he is giving his employees less power to be consumers. They're like rats running on a treadmill. If this happens at one company out of every twenty or so, maybe that's one thing, but if you have an entire company which encourages rewarding those who already have disposable income over those who do not, then you're essentially encouraging the death of consumption. And consumption is the life's blood of capitalism.

When you have millions of workers who are barely making enough to cover expenses, you have an economy of workers who don't have enough salary to consume things beyond their basic necessities. That's why taxing taking away their lower tax rates and forcing them to pay 'fair' taxes at 17 percent isn't really so fair, because they don't have that much extra to pay out anyway.

There are two ways that people can end up getting that excess buying power and drive consumer activity (which by the way is what drives business activity): They can either wait things out and hope they get a better-paying job, which is less and less likely in an economy that encourages 'plutonomics', or they can open up lines of credit and go into debt.
Since you guys cant follow along with the discussion, lets recap..

buzz said that people becoming wealthy causes others to be poor, then he goes on to sight an example of GIVING wealth to people. both you and buzz needs to try harder because if you give $50K to the investors, are you are not causing the workers to become poorer.. They hold the same wealth regardless of you giving money to investors or not because the money isnt the workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies