Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Backwards arsed savages. I'd say bomb them into the Stone Age but I think the Stone Age would be an improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Disgusting
Yes, it's sexism carried to it's extreme.

In the 1950's my white christian uncle 's 1st four children were ONLY girls....he had to keep going because they weren't good enough...he wanted SONS!

They had 8 children to appease his sexism.

No, he didn't kill his wife, but he did view her and their daughters as something "less than" he and his sons.

That attitude persists even to this day with many people .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They kill daughters in China for wanting to have a son.

Crazy people do crazy things. Aren't you glad you don't live in a country that honors or respects any establishment of religion?
I was unaware that misogyny was a religion.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Weak men punish women for their own infirmities. Their religion and culture apparently encourage weakness by protecting men from their mothers, sisters and wives. I think we should offer open asylum for any women that want to escape slavery. Comfort the men with a rubber glove and a tube of KY jelly.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It never seems to get better for women in countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc.

*SOURCE: MSNBC.COM*

A woman's husband and the husband's mother strangled a new mother to death....why? She had given birth to a 3rd daughter...not the son her husband wanted...mother-in-law arrested but "husband" still on the loose...

I believe several of henry VIII's wives suffered a similar fate. What's your point?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The basic problem in these cultures is women and children are considered property of the highest ranking male in the family. These men, and their subservient women, are just disciplining slaves. The can do the same with defiant boys as well. These culture needs to give up the concept that people are property. Our culture has mostly done this so they can as well.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, it's sexism carried to it's extreme.

In the 1950's my white christian uncle 's 1st four children were ONLY girls....he had to keep going because they weren't good enough...he wanted SONS!

They had 8 children to appease his sexism.

No, he didn't kill his wife, but he did view her and their daughters as something "less than" he and his sons.

That attitude persists even to this day with many people .
Sounds like your uncle had a personal problem, that's a little harder to cure, not because he was a Christian.

You sure like to put people in a box.

You sure, he wasn't religious?? There's a difference............

Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They kill daughters in China for wanting to have a son.

Crazy people do crazy things. Aren't you glad you don't live in a country that honors or respects any establishment of religion?
Crazy or not. It's their business. Thats the problem with U.S: Always trying to police and impose our distorted morals on the rest
of the world and then call them savages if they disagree and wish we'd mind our own backyard and quit trying to mow the lawn in theirs.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sounds like your uncle had a personal problem, that's a little harder to cure, not because he was a Christian.

You sure like to put people in a box.

You sure, he wasn't religious?? There's a difference............
No, it wasn't personal...MANY MANY white christians feel the same way.

I like to put people in a box????? ME?

Did you forget to read the OP and ensuing posts???

Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, it wasn't personal...MANY MANY white christians feel the same way.

I like to put people in a box????? ME?

Did you forget to read the OP and ensuing posts???
MANY MANY christians have 8 children in an effort to have boys? Really? I'm in the bible belt and I know of no such christians.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:40 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
What???

Your comments appear to support the killing of innocents...

Why are US outrage and condemnation over MURDER considered "distorted morals" ? Was the Holocaust by Germans just "their business"...?

IYO, the world should sit back and approve/allow such atrocities?? Or, if the murders were of men, would you feel any different??

Dude, buzz off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Crazy or not. It's their business. Thats the problem with U.S: Always trying to police and impose our distorted morals on the rest
of the world and then call them savages if they disagree and wish we'd mind our own backyard and quit trying to mow the lawn in theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies