Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:00 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,678 times

Advertisements

British tourists arrested in America on terror charges over Twitter jokes | Mail Online

The NDAA is awesome! Thanks Obama! Hope & Change! Hope & Change! Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Quote:
Two British tourists were barred from entering America after joking on Twitter that they were going to 'destroy America' and 'dig up Marilyn Monroe'.
Leigh Van Bryan, 26, was handcuffed and kept under armed guard in a cell with Mexican drug dealers for 12 hours after landing in Los Angeles with pal Emily Bunting.
The Department of Homeland Security flagged him as a potential threat when he posted an excited tweet to his pals about his forthcoming trip to Hollywood which read: 'Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America?'

After making their way through passport control at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) last Monday afternoon the pair were detained by armed guards.
Despite telling officials the term 'destroy' was British slang for 'party', they were held on suspicion of planning to 'commit crimes' and had their passports confiscated.
There's more in the article, so go read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
They know your every move, your every post, your every tweet.
They are scared and scared people do stupid things and act on impulse.
Guilty until proven innocent is how they operate.

The FedGov IS datamining the internet, make no mistake about that.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:13 PM

I'm sure people will defend this + Obama. I just don't get it!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:28 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,078 times
I think people who express unconstitutional views and want attack america, should be watched and thrown to jail, if deemed dangerous for national security. We need to defend america against people who want destroy this country. I think we should watch politicians like Palin and Bachmann as well. They have expressed unconstitutional views and want to make america a christian theocracy. People like that have to be monitored by Homeland Security.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I think people who express unconstitutional views and want attack america, should be watched and thrown to jail, if deemed dangerous for national security. We need to defend america against people who want destroy this country. I think we should watch politicians like Palin and Bachmann as well. They have expressed unconstitutional views and want to make america a christian theocracy. People like that have to be monitored by Homeland Security.
Why didn't you mention Obama? He has expressed unconstitutional views.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why didn't you mention Obama? He has expressed unconstitutional views.
He never has. I never heard him say that the Constitution of the United States of America should be amended to conform to the word of God. Those are dangerous views and unconstitutional. That's why they should be monitored by Homeland Security.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I think people who express unconstitutional views and want attack america, should be watched and thrown to jail, if deemed dangerous for national security.
ROFL!!! Hope and change baby!!
You clearly don't get it. It's ok to not get it. At least ADMIT you don't get it.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:07 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,398,360 times
Thank god I don't bother with Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook....you open yourself up to scrutiny.

This is ridiculous though. Are they that bored at the TSA?

Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I'm sure people will defend this + Obama. I just don't get it!
This isn't about Obama and nobody is defending it. What don't you get?

Old 01-30-2012, 05:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
I think the DHS program just took a turn.....

Instead of:
See something, say something

it's now:
Say something and you'll see something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies