Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 01:11 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Even Saudi Arabia hates Iran. They agreed to let Israel use their airspace for an attack.
Muslims helping Jews kill Muslims, amazing.
Refreshing to see someone that actually has a clue on the topic.

We have way too many people trying to portray the conflict as being masterminded by Israel with the Jews making us do their work blah blah blah. We have some seriously scary people around here.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:22 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A handgun in the hands of a lunatic is a threat. Perhaps it is the individual, or nation, that is the problem and not the weapon. A sane, responsible person can own many weapons and there will be no problems. On the other hand...................................
Well, apparently he doesn't like israel very much and to support his bias, he embraced regimes such as middle ages Iran (which is in fact against his extreme leftist agenda). Any argument justifies the goal, including falsely counting number of weapons. The fact that the F-15 and F-16 operational range doesn't enable flight to Iran (which is located far beyond Israel's borders and has a huge territory) doesn't stop him from posting his "buglabugla"...

Motivated by a deep hatred of US and Israel, he parallels between western democratic regimes and Iran (or perhaps Syria and North Korea). That by itself speaks volumes.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.
I don't follow this whole "middle east" drama too closely, but tell me: Does Israel routinely threaten to wipe Iran off the map?

That seems to be the case with Iran.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I don't follow this whole "middle east" drama too closely, but tell me: Does Israel routinely threaten to wipe Iran off the map?

Please cite a source, document or international agreement that grants one nation (Israel) the right to invade or conduct preemptive airstrikes against another nation (Iran) for sabre-rattling, name calling or making threats.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Please cite a source, document or international agreement that grants one nation (Israel) the right to invade or conduct preemptive airstrikes against another nation (Iran) for sabre-rattling, name calling or making threats.
You know, you don't seem too interested in answering my simple question.

I take that as an admission that Iran does, in fact, want to wipe Israel off the map. That alone gives Israel leeway to do whatever the hell it wants, since its very existence is under threat. And I say this as a person who has no dog in the hunt, beyond what benefits America (which is peace.)

Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
really? we are this silly.

Iran has been a major sponsor of terrorism for YEARS. They have massive amounts of blood on their hands.

In particular where both Israel and America are concerned they have stated very clearly their national goal is the destruction of both nations.

And you actually want to know why it’s a bad thing for them to get their hands on nukes??????

REALLY?????

Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
le Roi and Ferd....dittoes to your comments.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
We are the one's using proxies, and funding terrorism.

The US State Department's recent claim that it is not involved "in any kind of act of violence inside Iran," is clearly false. The US is committing acts of violence inside of Iran to the extent of using not only special forces as noted by Hersh's 2008 article, but also by using terrorists with a long history of attacking political and civilian targets in Iran.
Land Destroyer: American-backed Terrorists In Iran

Read the Brookings Report, Path to Persia. It's about US strategy towards Iran, ending in full invasion and long term occupation.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

Then you might want to re-read the quote again.

Interpreting...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, you're talking around the point.

The point is that you want a war with Iran. Just SAY IT for crying out loud!! Why are you so afraid to just admit it?
Well, look, as I have said before, I cannot morally or legally justify a war with Iran.

However, I can logically justify a war under Machiavellian precepts.

The simple truth, reality and fact is that the US must have air, rail, and highway access to Central Asia from the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean.

If you fail...

...this will be the Good Ol' Days.

You will be praying for 9% unemployment and only 46 Million Households on Food Stamps because that will be better than what the future holds for you...if you fail to gain access to Central Asia.

Some of you play chess, checkers or backgammon, and you understand strategy and strategic concepts. Some of you know that with respect to chess, the person who has the ability to think ahead the greatest number of moves is the winner. Some of you know that Grand Masters usually have the ability to think about 80 moves ahead and can see all of the various permutations.

So those people who also understand concepts involving the Petro-Dollar, Currency Value, Future Value, the relationship between Power and Hegemony and the role that a strong economy plays etc etc, can put it all together and see what is happening, but the rest of you are just totally bewildered.

All of the oil in Central Asia, which is 5x -7x more than all of the Middle East and all of the metal and non-metallic mineral resources are currently being taken over by BRIC, and they will be selling those commodities on the world market in Euros, Rubles and Yuans.

And they will beat you down to nothing.

Not tomorrow, not next year or the year after, but starting about 12-15 years from now, your [economic] suffering will be legendary, even in Hell.

Your government has known that for a very long, long time, since 1974.

Your government has known for nearly 40 years that the only way the US can continue to rule the world and gain even more wealth and power is by controlling the vast array of resources in Central Asia and eastern Russia.

The emergence of BRIC is merely the proverbial "fly in the ointment." It has forced the US to act when it was not prepared to act, by forcing the time-table up.

There was a time when you controlled Iran through a puppet-dictator, but you lost that.

Then thanks to Blow Job Bill's illegal wars, you overthrew governments in Central Asia, installed puppet-dictators and started building air bases and military installations.

You pushed NATO up to Poland, leaving only Belarus as a buffer between the US and Russia.

You destabilized the governments in Ukraine and Georgia, you bribed your way into Bulgaria and Romania and set up naval and air bases.

You destabilized Yugoslavia, clandestinely fomenting revolution, and then you castrated the Serbs and stripped them of power, while simultaneously denying the Russians a potential future ally; a potential location for air bases and naval bases (in the Adriatic).

Things were going good. You had Russia penned in; surrounded; boxed out; with no allies in the Mediterranean or elsewhere.

All you needed was Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq. And to get to Iran, you had to pacify Iraq first.

You were marginally successful in Iraq, to a point (it remains to be seen if your investment was a total failure or not), but failed in Afghanistan. And then you were thrown out of Central Asia and BRIC is gaining control by leaps and bounds.

This is just simple 6th Grade Math and nothing more.

You live the Extravagant American Life-Style™ because you consume 20% of the world's oil and 29% of the world's non-oil resources.

By consuming such a large quantity, you deny the ability of others to improve their standard of living and that will ultimately lead to conflict; yet if you reduce your consumption then you can no longer live the Extravagant American Life-Style™.

Surely, you can see the conundrum and the problems that stem from it.

You can also see a sort of paradox, as you can oppose such a conflict from Iran, yet you ultimately benefit from it, if the outcome is successful.

I would say that you as a society have a choice in this matter, but the reality is that you don't. You voluntarily surrendered your government to some 60-odd big powerful money families, the Status Quo as it may be, and they are the ones who will decide for you (because that is what you want), and since they profit handsomely from control of Central Asia and eastern Russia, you already know what they will decide.

Simplified...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It matters that Israel wants to live in Peace, and Iran is salivating to wipe Israel off of the map.
I have no doubt that Reformed Jews desire peace, but the Zionists demand war and expansion, all the way up to the Kingdom of Israel's former borders, and those borders include the "the River of Egypt" (the wadi El-Arish and not the Nile) and the Euphrates River, which happens to be in Iraq (and that also includes Lebanon and Syria and about 1/4 of Turkey).

And contrary to what you want to believe, Iran never said anything about wiping people off of maps.

Contradicting...

Mircea

Old 02-01-2012, 05:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
I expect to see a false flag in the US of the magnitude of 9/11, so they can finally have the justification they are seeking to invade Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies