Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It really is an insult to call them this? GOOD! I'll use it because insulting such a hate-filled people is a dang good idea.

I could not care less what the Iranians think of us. A clown show? I think they are a very oppressed bunch of sheeple that are living a nothing life.

Good grief, to think most of us give a hoot what the Iranians think of us. I can't wait until Israel kicks their facilities to the moon. Cannot happen soon enough.
Agree with you!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
He's the only one I could find that agreed with your foolish admission that the leader of Iran wouldn't like Israel wiped out.

If you were really interested, you'd go to youtube yourself and find were he makes claims. Rather than asking, everyone else to prove it to you.

With that being said, I do believe Israel can handle their selves if the U.S. would let them. The problem is, we've gotten rid of Saddam and Qaddafi, two people who were for the most part, keeping the Middle East in check. These people are not like us and we just don't get it.

Like you people don't pull cards yourself. I've seen you pull the same David Duke, when it's thrown at you, it's some how insulting
Shep you are too smart to buy into the propoganda that Iran is a threat to us or Israel. Please read the following articles and see if you might want to think twice about your position.

Leon Panetta admits Iran is not developing a nuclear weapon | End the Lie - Independent News

Iran: a quickly evolving geopolitical imbroglio – part VII | End the Lie - Independent News

Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.

Just one Nuke will do the job nicely.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The leaders of Israel don't regularly go on state run TV and scream "Death to America" while claiming that God will help them wipe an entire country off the map.

Iran does.
So what?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I guess a little like the hundreds of thousands of Jews living in Muslim countries like Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Iran who had to leave their property behind and flee to Israel.

Jews lived in Israel for centuries and even millenia. Remember, before it was called Palestine, it was called Judea ... and before that it was the Kingdoms of Judah and Israel. If you believe that all of a sudden, out of nowhere a group of European Jews suddenly invaded Israel and set up a country there, you are quite mistaken.

It is ironic that the name Palestine actually comes from the Romans who destroyed Judea in 79 AD. The Romans basically got fed up with the Jews wanting freedom from Rome and this is what happens to people who didn't want to get woth the Roman Program. After Vespasian got rid of the Jews , destroyed the Second Temple and sent the few survivors into slavery or fleeing to places like Persia, Africa or India they renamed the the place Syria Palestra (Lower Syria) and ruled it from Damascus. Over time Palestra morphed into Palestine.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
It is ironic that the name Palestine actually comes from the Romans who destroyed Judea in 79 AD. The Romans basically got fed up with the Jews wanting freedom from Rome and this is what happens to people who didn't want to get woth the Roman Program. After Vespasian got rid of the Jews , destroyed the Second Temple and sent the few survivors into slavery or fleeing to places like Persia, Africa or India they renamed the the place Syria Palestra (Lower Syria) and ruled it from Damascus. Over time Palestra morphed into Palestine.

So you are saying Palestinians are NOT the native people of the land? Are they really just Southern Syrians???

Could Yassir Arafat (an Egyptian) have LIED to us?

I wonder if the oppressed Palestinians would rather be ruled by Bashar Assad right now. I hear non-Alawites there are having a hard time these days.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, where is the proof that Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map?
The proof is from The iranian President who claimed it.
Wipe Israel 'off the map' Iranian says - The New York Times

Old 02-02-2012, 01:44 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
So what?
The importance of this is that the Iranians are nutty enough to DO it.
They are worthy of having air raids that bomb their technology back to the stone age.
Israel is wise enough to do it and has displayed extraordinary restraint in taking so long to do the inevitable.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Just one Nuke will do the job nicely.
So why does Israel need 400, give or take a few?

Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
So why does Israel need 400, give or take a few?
They don't have 400.
It has been "widely reported" that Israel has 4million nuclear bombs!
Why does Israel need them? They need them for stupid people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies