Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,875,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Since you're there and I'm not I'll have to take your word for it. But it's kind of hard to imagine it being any dryer. I always viewed Dallas as Death Valley with Snow.
Dallas is not now, nor has it even been a desert since man has settled here. it is normally rolling hills with grasses and trees, you are thinking of New Mexico and Arizona. Check with the Weather channel site and see what has been happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Attributing short duration, localized weather events to any sort of climate change (either proof or refuting) is brain-damaged.
IF it were sort duration and localized you would be correct.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,389,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
IF it were sort duration and localized you would be correct.
Anything under 30 years is a short duration, in climate science.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Anything under 30 years is a short duration, in climate science.
Not when you are talking major changes and as I said, and you ignored, it is not localized. FYI, the planet does not need us to believe that the planet is warming, it is doing so with or without us, in the end there will be far fewer of us anyway.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Not when you are talking major changes and as I said, and you ignored, it is not localized. FYI, the planet does not need us to believe that the planet is warming, it is doing so with or without us, in the end there will be far fewer of us anyway.
I stand by my last answer.

Climate scientists agree with me.

"it's hotter in North Texas" is proof of NOTHING.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I stand by my last answer.

Climate scientists agree with me.
NOPE, MOST of them agree with me.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
NOPE, MOST of them agree with me.
LMFAO!

Do you understand 8th level derivative equations?

Didn't think so.

You don't understand climate science.

They may agree Dallas is warmer and drier, but it's proof of NOTHING.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,753,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Sometimes the climate gets warmer.

And sometimes it gets colder.

That's been going on for as long as the planet has been orbiting the Sun. Or, as long as it's had a climate, at least.

And man has never had the slightest influence on it.

Even the leftist loons who scream about how we have to use government to change everything, go back to the stone age, etc., to prevent some unknown catastrophe, have never been able to come up with even ONE study or example that backs up their claims.

What's funny is that, when they do name some study, it invariably turns out to be nothing but a bunch of long-winded claims which, finally, refer to some other "study" for proof. And what is in that other "study"? You guessed it - more long-winded claims, and eventually a reference to yet another study. And you can guess what is in that one, too.

The leftist global-whatever loons have been insisting on impending doom, and the urgent need to give government massive powers to change every bit of our lives to "avoid" that doom, for at least 40 years by my count. Literally billions of dollars have changed hands - usually into their hands - all over the world. And they still haven't come up with one shred of proof that man has had the least bit of influence on the climate changes that happen regularly around us. Nor is there any proof that man can do anything to change it.

***40 YEARS*** of screaming, caterwauling, and doomsaying. All without the slightest proof. Just references to references to references, ad infinitum. And demands that they be given complete power over all of us, to change what they cannot change.

Is this a record?

(Probably not. Leftist loons have been with us a LONG time. )

***40 years*** of insisting that man has had an effect on climate change... and still not a single study that proves any link between man's activities and Global Whatever.

***40 YEARS*** .

Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
***40 years*** of insisting that man has had an effect on climate change... and still not a single study that proves any link between man's activities and Global Whatever.

***40 YEARS*** .
Use the transitive property.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

Man produces CO2.

Greenhouse gasses warm the planet.

Therefore, man produces gasses that warm the planet.

There are many studies that show man's effect on climate. Pull your head out from where it currently resides and you'll educate yourself.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,753,561 times
Quote:
Use the transitive property.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

Man produces CO2.

Greenhouse gasses warm the planet.

Therefore, man produces gasses that warm the planet.
Hey, can I try that?

Let's see:

CO2 is a greehouse gas.

When Ford Beebe runs his mouth in silly comparisons, he generates CO2.

Greenhouse gases warm the planet.

Therefore, Ford Beebe is responsible for the gases that warm the planet.

PAY UP, Ford! Global Warming is YOUR fault!

....hey, cool! It works! Thanks for the tip on how to arrive at sensible conclusions!

(***40 YEARS *** of caterwauling, hysteria, and attempts to get government to force everyone to change their lifestyles... and the leftist hysterics still haven't come up with a single study, or even a legitimate comparison, proving that man has had any effect on the climate. NOT ONE.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies