Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You said no, but then you qualified that no with a caveat.

And, who said anything about "imminent" war? I sure didn't.
ok maybe this will clarify for you

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!

No if its president Obama
No if its president Romney
No if its president Santa Claus

No I don't and will not support a war with Iran.

Happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
How would Iran close the Strait, with their fleet of powerboats?
Mines are very effective.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Link please where Congress APPROVED the invasion of Libya.
They called it a humanitarian action so they didn't need approval.
He sent a memo to Congress telling them what he did, he didn't ask.
See post 29 they said we don't like it but funded it just the same. You need congress to approve funds for the military.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, they are just following what the MSM and administration tells them.
It's all about the strait now, ALL about keeping the strait open.

Ultimately though, all the US invasions in the ME boil down to one thing...OIL.
Our economic life depends on oil being traded in US dollars. Thank Nixon admin for that one. We are where we are now. We don't care who digs it up as long as they trade it in dollars. That will be what WWIII is about if it ever comes to it. Economic survival.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
For all intents and purposes, it looks like the Obama Administration has no qualms with going to war with Iran. They have stated repeatedly that "no option is off the table." While this is probably our policy with any country on the planet, this type of language is being used more often as it pertains to Iran. With the closing of the Strait of Hormez a tangible threat, in addition to the perceived nuclear threat, its clear to me that the saber-rattling by this Administration is becoming more and more intense. In fact, within the last week i've read several headlines with this type of rhetoric making news

So the question I pose to Liberals (and others who want to opine):

Will a war with Iran be a "good war" in your eyes? Remember, you voted for Barack Obama to end these "useless wars" we're in.

Will you hold the line, or is Iran a "good war" that you see no problem engaging in should the Obama Administration pull the trigger?
As a liberal/progressive, hell no. But then, conservatives should love the idea... they would have it either way.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
There is always another choice. Don't go to war.
That is not always a choice. If Iran has a nuclear weapon and means to deliver it to US, and they say they will deliver it, then what choise is there? In that case, we should destroy the facilities, like Israel did with Iraq. Sending in an invasion army with goal to occupy Iran would be very foolish. I would be strictly opposed to that. Bunker busters: yes. Invasion army : no.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama doesn't seek approval from Congress for war. Had you really failed to notice?

Ugh, what war has the president started?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
For all intents and purposes, it looks like the Obama Administration has no qualms with going to war with Iran. They have stated repeatedly that "no option is off the table." While this is probably our policy with any country on the planet, this type of language is being used more often as it pertains to Iran. With the closing of the Strait of Hormez a tangible threat, in addition to the perceived nuclear threat, its clear to me that the saber-rattling by this Administration is becoming more and more intense. In fact, within the last week i've read several headlines with this type of rhetoric making news

So the question I pose to Liberals (and others who want to opine):

Will a war with Iran be a "good war" in your eyes? Remember, you voted for Barack Obama to end these "useless wars" we're in.

Will you hold the line, or is Iran a "good war" that you see no problem engaging in should the Obama Administration pull the trigger?
No, it would not be acceptable but average Americans have no choice in going to war or not.

Bush started this mess, he was warned by his own father that it would create chaos that would last for a long time and he , and REPUBLICANS, all wanted it....they got it.

So now they have Obama as a scapegoat but I don't think the world will forget who started the mess....

I can see why you didn't ask Repugs the question....ANY war is a GOOD war to them,.....

Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
At least he didn't for the libya operation. Tsk, tsk...
You do realize that was not a war by the U.S it was sanction by the U.N

Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is not always a choice. If Iran has a nuclear weapon and means to deliver it to US, and they say they will deliver it, then what choise is there? In that case, we should destroy the facilities, like Israel did with Iraq. Sending in an invasion army with goal to occupy Iran would be very foolish. I would be strictly opposed to that. Bunker busters: yes. Invasion army : no.
A few years back our Navy was defeated by "Iranian speedboats" in a war games drill. Our Navy has since tweaked its tactics, but it was a definite eye opener that our multibillion dollar ships were taken down by inflatables and other small boats.

I don't think we can expect that Iran will sit idly by while we drop bombs on their facilities. At a minimum, we can expect them to lob missles towards Israel, if not attempt to sink our ships.

War is hell. American firepower does not ensure that we won't take losses, whether on the ground, at sea, or in the air. Iran would be a formidable enemy. Our government knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies