Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Store fined $30K for stocking toy guns - UPI.com

Quote:
NEW YORK, Jan. 17 (UPI) -- A New York discount store was ordered to pay a $30,000 fine for stocking toy guns that were deemed to be too realistic.
Andrew Tilem, lawyer for the odds-and-ends store called 99¢ Target, said the fine amounts to $5,000 for each of the six toy sheriff sets put up for sale at the store in Brooklyn's Flatbush neighborhood, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

Tilem said the vendor for the toys, JMD All Star of New Jersey, told owner Jamal Ahmed the sets, which included orange plastic-tipped toy guns, were legal for sale and one of the store's managers failed to inform the owner when a city inspector wrote the store up for stocking the items.
City regulations bar the sale of realistic toy weapons.
Tilem said Ahmed missed a hearing due to not being informed by the manager and the city imposed the $30,000 fine, which he described as "a really, really abusive penalty."
This isn't an "Airsoft" type gun that looks realistic. It looks like one of those little "cap guns" most everyone had as a kid, back when this country still had some common sense. And has a big orange cap.

The foolishness of NYC officials is nearly a match for San Francisco. They do provide entertainment for the rest of the country, though I do pity the poor people that live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

This isn't an "Airsoft" type gun that looks realistic. It looks like one of those little "cap guns" most everyone had as a kid, back when this country still had some common sense. And has a big orange cap.

The foolishness of NYC officials is nearly a match for San Francisco. They do provide entertainment for the rest of the country, though I do pity the poor people that live there.
Mayor Bloomberg's utopia where common sense has been outlawed. Next up, kids who point their fingers like guns will be required to paint the end orange or have their hand cut off.

<sarc.>

How much are those salt fines bringing in these days from the resturants?

flashback: Insane Bill Would Ban Salt in Restaurants in NYC, Impose $1,000 Fines | The Daily Caller

Old 01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
I read this as big Apple Store fined $30k for stocking toy guns. Surprised Apple has branched out into toy guns. I'd imagine their guns would be rather sleek and easy to use.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Yea, isn't it awful ... what that GOP administration in NYC is doing!

Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yea, isn't it awful ... what that GOP administration in NYC is doing!
That's a laugh. I got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:15 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I read this as big Apple Store fined $30k for stocking toy guns. Surprised Apple has branched out into toy guns. I'd imagine their guns would be rather sleek and easy to use.
High tech

Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Little boys will make a gun out of anything. Are they going to start arresting little boys who point their fingers or a fork and say bang, you're dead? They will probably arrest the parents or the person who they heard it from.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Gay.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Unfortunately, if Apple were to build guns using their usual suppliers they'd have a terrible time replacing workers fast enough. You can't blow your brains out with an iPad.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
This is ridiculous. New York city officials are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies