Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 04:15 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not surprising. There's an innate hatred for legal and illegal immigration in many American's, and it's not always about breaking the law. It's also about knowing that the people who come to our country have no respect for our culture, nor any plans to actually assimmilate. The fact that it makes her feel like a "gringa" is enough motive for me to want deport her ass in 0.1 seconds.

Liberals are always wanting proof of the systemic destruction of our country: WELL HERE IT IS.
The hate goes both ways. I remember speaking English with no accent but when I was out in public with my grandmother, we would get stares when she spoke Spanish to me. Thankfully, I have thick skin, curiosity, a willingness to learn and an ability to learn. So when I go back to my home state, the stares and the less than welcoming behavior slide right off my back. Eventually, the "natives" (which is hilarious because we never crossed over the Rio Grande), start playing nice with me because I can play their game.

I absolutely love my adopted state of Florida and specifically, South Florida, where I can speak English and Spanish and nobody notices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 07:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
All this claptrap from conservatives that claim "Liberals Hate America" is just that, claptrap. I am a Liberal, and I, most definitely do not hate America. I love what this country has been and can be in the future. That is a place where people can think and speak freely, pursue their dreams and be or become citizens without any regard to their race, religion or origin.

Calling Liberals "America haters" is simple psychological transference. Conservatives hate that America has become a place where white male Christians do not always have an advantage in job, politics and everything else. I consider that a good thing even though I am a white male. The bigger the pool of potentially great the better off the society even if that removes the previous privilege.

If the white Christian males want to blame somebody for their economic despair they should look to the white Mammon worshipping male big business people that have destroyed American industry in their endless quest for ever greater greed. This process is exemplified by the effective monopoly of Walmart abusing their power as a big purchaser to drive suppliers over seas to meet the low prices offer by Wallyworld. That started the drive to the bottom and the destruction of America's economy. Last I checked Liberals like me do not support Wallyworld or most any big business.

What the person in the OP's post feels about herself is her problem and not mine.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:47 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
But then you make a judgement about a known issue without practical knowledge yourself. That is being ignorant.

What?

Old 03-30-2016, 07:59 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
You claim people can develop a knowledge of the language later in life although it is known learning a language is difficult past puberty. Yet you have not done so yourself what you are saying others can do. That is ignorance.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:28 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
All this claptrap from conservatives that claim "Liberals Hate America" is just that, claptrap. I am a Liberal, and I, most definitely do not hate America. I love what this country has been and can be in the future. That is a place where people can think and speak freely, pursue their dreams and be or become citizens without any regard to their race, religion or origin.

Calling Liberals "America haters" is simple psychological transference. Conservatives hate that America has become a place where white male Christians do not always have an advantage in job, politics and everything else. I consider that a good thing even though I am a white male. The bigger the pool of potentially great the better off the society even if that removes the previous privilege.

If the white Christian males want to blame somebody for their economic despair they should look to the white Mammon worshipping male big business people that have destroyed American industry in their endless quest for ever greater greed. This process is exemplified by the effective monopoly of Walmart abusing their power as a big purchaser to drive suppliers over seas to meet the low prices offer by Wallyworld. That started the drive to the bottom and the destruction of America's economy. Last I checked Liberals like me do not support Wallyworld or most any big business.

What the person in the OP's post feels about herself is her problem and not mine.

LOL, it's always the guy from the 95% white town that likes to lecture on white privileged Christian males.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 AM

451 posts, read 465,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
LOL, it's always the guy from the 95% white town that likes to lecture on white privileged Christian males.

There are a lot of people nowdays who just love whipping on us darn white conservative Christian males, painting us all with the same brush, rambling about how we apparently hate everyone else, destroy culture, love big corporations, never had to face any hardship... I'm gonna do a bunch of engineering work, submit my taxes, take my medication for crohns, eat some empenadas, read my bible in Spanish, sing happy birthday to my mom, chat with my girlfriend, and listen to some hard country music today!

Last edited by blacknwhiterose; 03-30-2016 at 09:54 AM..

Old 03-30-2016, 10:37 AM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times
Default ¡Felicidades del día!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhiterose View Post

I'm gonna do a bunch of engineering work, submit my taxes, take my medication for crohns, eat some empenadas, read my bible in Spanish, sing happy birthday to my mom, chat with my girlfriend, and listen to some hard country music today!
Yah, usually empanadas, hope they're good. But happy returns of the day. It sounds like a great start to the day.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:31 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,654 times
Quote:
You claim people can develop a knowledge of the language later in life although it is known learning a language is difficult past puberty. Yet you have not done so yourself what you are saying others can do. That is ignorance.
I'm guessing you never met mormon missionaries?
Or church missionaries, peace corp volunteers, American expats, and others who learn a language at fluency either abroad or to go abroad?
They've all learned languages past puberty.

What about foreigners who come here? My grandparents spoke 0 english and learned it when the came here well after puberty...

Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 PM

451 posts, read 465,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Yah, usually empanadas, hope they're good. But happy returns of the day. It sounds like a great start to the day.

Change in plans. I'm having ham sandwiches for lunch, manufacturing industry grub! Empanadas para la cena, your highness.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:18 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

Again, I have no reason to learn another language. I speak the language of the country I was born in and I have no intention of moving out of this country. When foreigners decide to migrate here they should learn English and speak it out in public by doing so they will become proficient in it. It may be more difficult as they get older but they can to. The problem is that our government and businesses panders to foreigners in their native languages and I am not speaking of just tourists either. Nothing ignorant about the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies