Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This is not about "proper funding" this is about a teachers union that couldn't care less about students, only about themselves.
Horse hockey. This is about a voluntary contract between the city and the union, a contract they BOTH signed willingly.

Either a binding contract is a binding contract, or it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's what happened.
What? Your comparing the violation of children to someone gaming the system? This person shouldn't get a dime, they should have lost out on their pension, the same as a police officer who may have created the same crime.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:16 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
So you have no problem with a teacher sitting around making his salary every year doing nothing because he was molesting students?? Or I should say accused? Either fire him or get him back to teaching. That would require common sense though.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Horse hockey. This is about a voluntary contract between the city and the union, a contract they BOTH signed willingly.

Either a binding contract is a binding contract, or it isn't.

No organization signs a union contract willingly.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What? Your comparing the violation of children to someone gaming the system? This person shouldn't get a dime, they should have lost out on their pension, the same as a police officer who may have created the same crime.
No I'm not the "system" is being gamed because of his actions which were violating the student. Like I said it's what happened or is happening I should say.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you have no problem with a teacher sitting around making his salary every year doing nothing because he was molesting students?? Or I should say accused? Either fire him or get him back to teaching. That would require common sense though.

Where are you getting this? Must everything be combative just for the sake of arguement? As I stated this person shouldn't get a dime. But the violation of children should not be compared to someone gaming the system.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Wow. We found an incompetent teacher. I guess that means ALL teachers are incompetent.

Conservative frothing over teachers truly illustrates why we do indeed need better teachers. But beating up the profession is hardly the way to attract qualified candidates.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 AM

That wasn't to you. Calm down

Old 02-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Wow. We found an incompetent teacher. I guess that means ALL teachers are incompetent.

Conservative frothing over teachers truly illustrates why we do indeed need better teachers. But beating up the profession is hardly the way to attract qualified candidates.
I've seen no post indicating anything remotely close to all teacher being incompetent or attacking the teaching profession. Making up things to defend this teachers actions is pathetic at best.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The thread title is a little much don't you think. The violation of children should not be turned into a Political statement.
......and yet it is. The unions are a creature of the democratic party which derives most/much of it's campaign contributions from it. The democratic party then turns around and passes legislation that benefits the union. It's a symbionic relationship that benefits both.......often to the detriment of the public that pays for the whole mess. Sometimes things are what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies