Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should JC Penney dump Ellen DeGeneres because she's gay?
Yes 13 9.29%
No 125 89.29%
Not sure 2 1.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Million Moms want JC Penney to fire Ellen Degeneris because she's gay, and most of JC Penney's customers are traditional families....really?

Is there a test required to get into the store?

Just goes to show that stupid is as stupid does.

Group Demands That J.C. Penney Fire Ellen Because She’s Gay | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast

One Million Moms — a project of the American Family Association — is very angry at J.C. Penney.

No, not because it sells sweater vests (heck, Rick Santorum is a fan of those), but because the Texas-based department store has hired Ellen DeGeneres as a spokeswoman.

And DeGeneres is — cue the scary music — gay, and open about it.
Oh waaa. The LBGT brigade wanted Dr. Laura off the air, because she was Antigay.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

One of these days, both sides are going to have to accept each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Just more ignorant religious bigotry. Religion is a plague on humanity not homosexuality.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
I'm sure these moms are the target demographics for tabloid magazines. Who else would care about the personal lives of celebrities? I don't, do you?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
These right wing radical fundamentalist dogmatic hypocritical religious nutjobs are so insecure in their facade of faith. They fear that unless symbols of their twisted interpretation of their religious beliefs are plastered everywhere and everyone does not adhere to their constrictions, their kids will grow up gay, their marriages are in jeopardy and their pseudo faith will be shattered. These folks should live in a Theocracy where they will live happily ever after!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-02-2012 at 12:48 PM..

Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I'm sure these moms are the target demographics for tabloid magazines. Who else would care about the personal lives of celebrities? I don't, do you?
Only the ones I know personally.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, nonesense.
I would like to be in the houselholds of these so called family value families. Nothing is ever as it seems, but people like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Too much made about this family value thing. Just as their are hyppocrites who claim to be Christians, i know a couple of these people.. Don't like Ellen, do not go into the store.

At least Ellen knows who she is, and is in no way Fake by any means. Gay people are a part of our society, i suggest, if you do not like living on earth with Gay people, then try moving to the Moon.

Don't like Ellen, do not go into JCP, which by the way, i like very much, good more for me then.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:26 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, nonesense.
I would like to be in the houselholds of these so called family value families. Nothing is ever as it seems, but people like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Too much made about this family value thing. Just as their are hyppocrites who claim to be Christians, i know a couple of these people.. Don't like Ellen, do not go into the store.

At least Ellen knows who she is, and is in no way Fake by any means. Gay people are a part of our society, i suggest, if you do not like living on earth with Gay people, then try moving to the Moon.

Don't like Ellen, do not go into JCP, which by the way, i like very much, good more for me then.
How about boycotting Ellen because she's not funny, sorry Ellen fans, she really isn't.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good for you, we finally agree on something 100%
And they say, it never happens on CD

Old 02-03-2012, 04:02 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I hear you on that one, self proclaimed Christians apparantly don't practice what they preach.
Amen to that.

I'd say the great majority of humanity are guilty of that.

Even those that are the most vocal about their tolerance and open mindeness.

People are definitly weak, self-deceptive and self-serving when it comes to their own prejudices.

That said, I'll have to admit that I didn't know JCP was still around.

I pretty much do Land's End and Champion.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:56 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
These right wing radical fundamentalist dogmatic hypocritical religious nutjobs are so insecure in their facade of faith. They fear that unless symbols of their twisted interpretation of their religious beliefs are plastered everywhere and everyone does not adhere to their constrictions, their kids will grow up gay, their marriages are in jeopardy and their pseudo faith will be shattered. These folks should live in a Theocracy where they will live happily ever after!

I guess I am one of these "radical right wing fundamentalist (we are actually Catholic) hypocritcal religious nutjobs" to which you refer.

1. I like Ellen

2. I do not care that she is gay

3. She is funny and quick witted

4. I am sorry that when I was undergoing chemo for two months, the receptionist in the chemo center watched "Ellen" while I was waiting to get my treatment. Therefore, I literally get physically ill when I see her on television now. I also get sick when I smell the "orange" scent of the cleaning agents that they used in the chemo suite. Therefore I get sick at many commerical restrooms which use this agent. Too bad I cannot hear her wit and funny comments, as I really appreciate an inspired and evocative person.

5. I am a far right wing conservative. However, I think that we should evaluate people for what they think and do, rather than our perception of them based on pre-concieved notions.

PS- I really am very right wing and conservative and am not a "schill". I, as most conservatives, am more interested in the INDIVIDUAL than labels regarding "class" and "sexual preference". This should be meaningless to those of us who cherish liberty and the rights of the individual above all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies