Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Instead of asking me, try educating yourself. There is a movie you can watch on youtube called "Islam, what the west needs to know"

It's not crackpots, it's major university professors who are experts in the field.

Give it a watch, it's pretty sobering. There is a reason that Christians and Muslims have been fighting for 2000 years.
They used the western worlds liberal fad of the 80s and 90s against us.

I am educated, and my education did not come from Utube. I know that in the West we are much more tolerant of religions than in the Muslim world, and they are taking advantage of that, but I don't think of that as a liberal fad, and neither do I believe that such a lofty ideal started in the 80's and 90's.

Yes, the concept of religious tolerance is a liberal one, and I think it is a great idea. It is in many of those conservative Muslim countries where they don't tolerate others. I hope that you would not prefer them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Instead of asking me, try educating yourself. There is a movie you can watch on youtube called "Islam, what the west needs to know" .... There is a reason that Christians and Muslims have been fighting for 2000 years.
Not so sure about any "educating" when Islam began in the 7th century.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Not so sure about any "educating" when Islam began in the 7th century.
New Math.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What happens in France

Stays in France

Who cares?
What an ignorant comment. A couple of years ago France had riots throughout their country caused by young Muslims who were on the rampage.

It took them about 3 weeks to get things under control.

This is now why France is cracking down, as they came very close to losing control of THEIR country to Islamic extremists.

Other countries need to pay attention.

Because it doesn't just stay in France.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Guess what? Most Muslims overlook those particular Qur'anic verses, just like most Christians overlook the Biblical verses that condone rape and slavery.
Christians = followers of Christ.
To truly be Christian is to follow what Christ taught, not the barbaric Old Testament.

To truly be Muslim is to follow the Koran, period.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
France needs to have all its restaurants cook all their food in bacon grease. Voila!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I have Euro friends who talk about this stuff.

On average in France there is much less integration of Muslims with the whole of French society compared to for example Hispanics in the US. There is a very active undercurrent of the opposite: trying to make France like Islamic Nations. This includes treating females only slightly better than the family dog... In some cases the dog has it better.
Saw a Muslim woman win a full berka - she had a couple of young men in tow - and an older man heading the pack - a cell phone goes off - the woman in the Berka - snaps her fingers and the phone is brought to her immediately - this poor òppressed` woman was the alpha dog - this busness about Muslim woman being treated and accepting the position of a dog is bull crap...NO ONE can oppress or control a strong and powerful woman - Those that insist that woman of Islam are all passive little creeps are usually of the mind set that THEY want to control the woman through western standards - A strong woman - Muslim - Christian - Jew or secularist - will tell all of you to go to hell if need be...

Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
No Muslim family has a dog - a dog is UNCLEAN.
» EUROPE: Muslims declare ‘jihad’ on all dogs Bare Naked Islam
EUROPE: Muslims declare ‘jihad’ on all dogs
Many Muslims are not extremist and do make exceptions.

Fatwa allows Muslim's guide dog inside mosque | Society | The Guardian

Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
To truly be Christian is to follow what Christ taught, not the barbaric Old Testament.

The same is said by devout Christians of other Christians that they often feel aren't true Christians. Many devout Christians follow verses from the Old Testament as well--which is sometimes framed as outdated and sometimes framed as still relevant, depending on whatever argument the person in question is trying to make.

Some people are fundamentalist in their beliefs. Some people are more moderate. Everyone falls on a spectrum from being irreligious to fundamentalist. Islam, like Christianity, has people that fall all over the spectrum.

I am not denying the existence of extremist Muslims. I am simply pointing out that there are plenty of more moderate Muslims, just as is the case in the Christian world. Not every Christian is Fred Phelps. Not every Muslim is a terrorist.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:33 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post

How can you play so fast and loose with other people's concept of religion? There are Christians who believe Jesus was a Jew, following Jewish law, but for the exceptions given in the New Testament. There are many interpretations of Christianity. I'm glad that you found one that suits you, but please stop with the hubris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies