Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:33 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
And everyone of them have more dignity than moteasir tribe leader allan west.
Wow, how convoluted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do you want poor people to be living in poor areas of town all their lives? Don't you want to see poor people get good jobs and climb up the latter? Moran says West wants to push the latter over so no other blacks can climb but if you don't have a job you are going no where.
No, she and others like her would rather see generation after generation on entitlement programs.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He is not fighting anymore and I to was in the military doesn't mean you keep that stupid hair cut. But it is a visible sign to how disconnected he is.
Disconnected from what?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
This video was edited with commentary and mash-ups of Moran's interview with other, unrelated video to construct a message. It's almost Soviet in the way it creates propaganda through the manipulation of media.

Here are Moran's remarks, without editorial commentary (scroll down for video):

Rep. Jim Moran (D): Rep. Allen West ‘Not Representative Of African-American Community’ | Mediaite

In the mash-up version, the interjected text on the black screen states "notice the question had nothing to do with race" then proceeds to Moran making the comment about the Lion King and hyenas.

Note: the Lion King and hyenas have nothing to do with race.

But wait! The mash-up creator invents the association by cutting away to video of Alvin F. Poussaint complaining about how The Lion King depicted the hyenas. So, mash-up creator claims Moran's meaning of the analogy is just what Poussaint says the movie meant. Never mind that Obama is black, as well. Moran's (rather silly, IMO) analogy is meaning that West and others are base characters sniping at the "king of the hill", Obama.

Interestingly, the cutaway breaks the continuity of Moran's remarks, so the viewer doesn't realize Moran is saying that West and the white Gov. Brewer are the hyenas. Yeah, Gov Brewer really reminds you of an inner-city black, doesn't she?

And why does Moran suggest West isn't representative of the African-American community? Well, first, it's just his opinion, but if you look at reality, he's right! West may be a representative of some black voters, but the community - the majority of black voters, do not align with West, his views, or his political party! Facts are facts.

And to point out "climbed aboard ship", "what ship"? Seriously, is the mash-up author trying to say Moran means a slave ship? Seriously? That's like Republicans taking Obama's statement about the GOP needing to get into the back of the car and let Democrats drive, and claiming Obama said "get in the back of the bus" (alluding to historical segregationist practices). When you've got nothing outrageous, start inventing.

I expect that nobody who complains about people like Al Sharpton inventing racial controversy out of benign things will object to Rep Moran's statements. But I won't hold my breath.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I know right...Similar to the White Republicans telling us Black voters how we should act and feel...

I would rather have you vote your beliefs and forget about either party.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:08 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
White Democrat Congressman Verbally Assaults Allen West About His Blackness | MRCTV

Why do some white Democrats seem to know how a black man should act and feel? They don't want them straying off the reservation?

That is what the left does, play the race card.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
One thing that I have learned about Republicans, is NEVER trust an edited tape.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:13 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
That is what the left does, play the race card.
The OP is not part of the left

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
I believe West was saying stand on your own and think on your own. Be free to make your own decisions not based on black or white or any race.
People already do that though...I think what he was really saying is..'if you don't think like I do, or percieve the world the way I do, than your bad'
That's what he was reallying saying...cause people already think on their own...(Well most anyways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Who who made him the authority and ruler to believe otherwise of million of people he does not know. What makes you? The problem I have with West and other Republicans is not their ignorant baseless opinions, but the continuous disrespect for our freedom of choice.
I heard his speech on the radio, and thought it was ugly and without class...to me people should lead by example...
That's what happens when you allow politics, and popularity to consume your whole soul...you become an entertainer like UFC wrestling...It all just becomes a performance, designed to get attention...

Like someone said...It's not like he's a 'talk show host'...to me, he's really lowered the bar...and won't be able to complain if A Democrat Congressman does the same thing to the next Rep President...

Quote:
I believe he is saying what he feels and that is freedom of speech, I didn't hear him say anything about race. He wants to represent himself when he speaks, like all men want. Moran wants to put him in a box "where he belongs."
If I isolate this statement, and seperate it from this post...I can actually agree with it...

Most of us simply want the freedom to be ourselves, which color or ethnic background isn't always a indicator of...

But with politics, people just like you when your on their side...so when the above is applied to politics...it becomes a bit transparent...

Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The native Americans are the descendants of the original citizens who formed this country. These are the posterity mentioned in the Preamble.

African Americans are naturalized citizens from the 14th Amendment. They are a separate class of citizens.
Not going to touch this because I cant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies