Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Just a thought, Iran says they are building for energy, but why would they, they are sitting on Billions of gallons of oil and gas deposits, so why aren't they building refiners and there ya go cheap fuel for the their nation for the long haul. So why spend so much for energy? Does that make any sort of sense to anyone? I do not trust the men that run Iran and they are religious fanatics that have sponsored terror and still do so, can you picture them giving a small device to an organization that would love to attack a major city in the US, Europe or Israel. If they continue down the path they have chosen, Israel will react and the world will be thrown into a major war. Either cooler heads will prevail or the wars will continue and become even more widespread. Not a pretty picture, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just a thought, Iran says they are building for energy, but why would they, they are sitting on Billions of gallons of oil and gas deposits, so why aren't they building refiners and there ya go cheap fuel for the their nation for the long haul. So why spend so much for energy? Does that make any sort of sense to anyone? I do not trust the men that run Iran and they are religious fanatics that have sponsored terror and still do so, can you picture them giving a small device to an organization that would love to attack a major city in the US, Europe or Israel. If they continue down the path they have chosen, Israel will react and the world will be thrown into a major war. Either cooler heads will prevail or the wars will continue and become even more widespread. Not a pretty picture, folks.
I agree.

People need to take their heads out of the sand. Stop listening to Ron Paul.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
There is no need to attack Iran. Simplyf blockade fuel from getting to their ports and they will cruble in a couple weeks. They import around 80% of their refined fuel and their country would come ot a halt and the citizens would soon revolt if they wanna play games. I don't buy the Iran is close to a nuke stuff. I've been reading that for the last ten years. I ran is a year away from a nuke, then the next year the same story comes out again. I don't bye a word the IAEA says either. An envelope under their hotel door full of cash will most likely get you whatever report you want from them.

As for China and Russia the main reason they are even fooling around with Iran is they are tired of watching the US and our cornering the reserve dollare for oil. Are they willing to go to war. Doubtful. Not now anyway. They don't really care if their citizens live in poverty as long as the rulers are well fed so to say.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Israel doesn't have to attack Iran, with the upcoming EU embargo on Iranian oil Iran will throw a hissy fit and attempt to block the Strait of Hormuz and once they do that they loose all their oil revenue.

Once they loose all their oil revenue they will throw a temper tantrum, mumble jihad jihad and disappear underneath their camels.

Military action not required.
The birthplace of suicide bomber jackets. Would roll over?
Hmm.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I agree.

People need to take their heads out of the sand. Stop listening to Ron Paul.
Ha! What hypocrites.

So, the "cooler heads" are those Nations Israel/USA that are threatening to attack Iran unprovoked for doing exactly what they do. ......possess nuclear weapons...LOL

The "cooler head" is now conducting military strikes in 7 Muslims nations against the will of their civilian population.

Only in the USA is this twisted, warmongering poppycock considered serious.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
LMAO........oh those evil bad Iranians sponsored terrorism? LMAO! Are you kidding me? Americans are such idiots! The USA and UK have been sponsoring, funding, and otherwise instituting terrorism for the last 50+ years in the middle east. Grow up! Bin Laden, Saddam etc. are all a result of the USA meddling in the affairs of middle eastern governments and nations. Who the hell do you think trained the SAVAK police force in Iran under the Shah and taught them terror tactics and torture tactics? Yeah the C I A !!!!!!!!!! What the hell do you think we have the School of the Americas for at Ft. Benning, Georgia? My fellow Americans have become mindless sheep regarding what their government does throughout the world. But hey who cares...........it's SUPERBOWL WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!! Lemmings!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:51 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ha! What hypocrites.

So, the "cooler heads" are those Nations Israel/USA that are threatening to attack Iran unprovoked for doing exactly what they do. ......possess nuclear weapons...LOL

The "cooler head" is now conducting military strikes in 7 Muslims nations against the will of their civilian population.

Only in the USA is this twisted, warmongering poppycock considered serious.
Exactly coming from an American it's scary just how completely ignorant we are regarding what our government and military does and why. Talk about zombies walking around in state of complete cognitive dissonance......

Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Exactly coming from an American it's scary just how completely ignorant we are regarding what our government and military does and why. Talk about zombies walking around in state of complete cognitive dissonance......
Our partner "Cooler Head II" is now murdering scientists inside Iran along with their wives. They also blew up a nuclear facility killing innocents.

How depraved must you be to think the US and Israel are the "cooler heads"?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
Let Israel fight their own war. No one gives a **** about a stupid peice of crap land that was supposedly "chosen by god for the Jews". Wasting trillions of tax payer dollars and thousands of American lives in what would probably become world war 3 over idiotic religious strife and moves for oil would be stupid. Hell if I ever got drafted to go fight in Iran. I'd rather go to jail than pull a trigger. I'm not going to let the cancer of religion take my life.

Western nations such as the us and the UK have stuck it to the Iranians for the past 60 years by over throwing their democratically elected govt in the 50s and training SAVAK torture squads to reign down terror on their civilians. Maybe if we just stayed the **** out of peoples' business we wouldn't harbor so much political ill will in the future and have so much uncontrollable blow back.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
The US would get involved.
Still stupid after all these years............................................. ......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies